Thread: Ashes is being checked

Ashes is being checked

Ashes still has his litter box issue but now it got to the point where he used my guinea pig's food as a litter box so now that I have the money, I got an appointment with the vet. Mom seems to think he is just so finicky, but I want to make sure. He has been licking himself down in his area too that alarms me. So on Monday afternoon he gets to go to the vets to see what is going on. I hope it isn't too serious.
    In loving memory of Tigger 2003-2009. In loving memory of Ashes 2001-2013.

Glad he will see the vet, hopefully they can figure it out!
    I've Been Frosted

I'm glad that you're able to get him to your vet. I remember when my RB Storm would lick his pee area a lot then this meant that he had urinary problems. He may have a UTI. Hopefully whatever it is can be easily diagnosed and treated. Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent his way.

Ashes has a UTI is on meds for the next two weeks to treat it. Then the vet wants another urine sample to see if the meds did the trick. He is also on steroids every 2 days but its not much so I don't think the steroids will be for so long. Hopefully by the time this gets cleared up he will start using the litter box again.
    In loving memory of Tigger 2003-2009. In loving memory of Ashes 2001-2013.

I hope that the meds kick in soon and that his UTI clears up quickly. Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent his way.

UTI is the most common reason for a cat to stop using the box. Prayers from RI that the meds kick in and he feels lots better soon!

Pee issues drive me crazy! Until you've been there, you don't know how frustrating (and expensive) it is! Do dogs get UTIs and blockages? I'm just curious if this is just a feline "specialty".
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!