Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are you ready for some Thursday? #497

Are you ready for some Thursday? #497

Footballl season is on!!!

Beer and nachos.......Go raiders and go football!

College football is HUGE here in LV but I am confused as to who to cheer for locally!

The plasma is warmed up...

DONE!

Gimme an Obama Mama with a side of pretzels!!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Had to go change my sig to check into this thread - miracle at this time of year not to have removed the GO O'S, but they can hang with the GO RAVENS for a while!

GO RAVENS!!!

Beer and Nachos and yell at the TV time - LET'S GO BOYS IN PURPLE!!
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

I'm ready for college football because it brings with it -- Marching band! Go Marching Illini

Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Football! Now you are talking! I would love some nachos and not sure about the beer - I haven't had one in years - seriously!

Maybe a glass of chardonnay instead.

Thanks Richard.

(I came back to post that Thursdays has become so sedate and not much fun. Now where is Mario when you need him. It always was that way with that boy! Who is Mario? He was our wonderful mascot but he got himself and the rest of us in a lot of trouble. Sadly we lost the real Mario in an accident and it didn't seem right to just continue using his name so we stopped.

So to liven things up and make life fun again - we need a new mascot. Does anyone have any really good
    ideas - you know something silly like a porcupine or a giraffe - something that willl make us laugh as we
    think of fun things that it can do.)
    Last edited by gini; 09-07-2012 at 12:03 AM. Reason: additional thoughts

Football!!!! It gets nuts here in the land of the Ducks during the season but the Seahawks are looking good this year, so I welcome the insanity.

Is Orc still around? I love that guy.

Spook follows me everywhere...she always has a spot at Thursdays, right?

Quote Originally Posted by gini View Post
    Football! Now you are talking! I would love some nachos and not sure about the beer - I haven't had one in years - seriously!

Maybe a glass of chardonnay instead.

Thanks Richard.

(I came back to post that Thursdays has become so sedate and not much fun. Now where is Mario when you need him. It always was that way with that boy! Who is Mario? He was our wonderful mascot but he got himself and the rest of us in a lot of trouble. Sadly we lost the real Mario in an accident and it didn't seem right to just continue using his name so we stopped.

So to liven things up and make life fun again - we need a new mascot. Does anyone have any really good
    ideas - you know something silly like a porcupine or a giraffe - something that willl make us laugh as we
    think of fun things that it can do.)
    How about a Dodo bird?? We can get in all kinds of trouble with a Dodo bird!!
    I'll join you in the Chard, by the way, I don't really drink beer, I was just getting in the spirit!
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

Quote Originally Posted by moosmom View Post
    Gimme an Obama Mama with a side of pretzels!!
    I don't know what an Obama Mama is, but I do have pretzels and mustard?

DONE?

PM,

Gotcha, go Ravens.

GINI,

Nachos and a chardonnay. USC? Number one in the country!

I saw a hotel commercial a family of penguins....I like penguins and otters, too.

DONE!

DJ,

You know Thursdays always has had an open door policy!

PM,

A chardonnay and a dodo bird as a mascot candidate!

DONE!

Found the recipe for ya, Richard!

Obama Mama recipe

Invented by Pam Jensen

Scale ingredients to servings
    1 oz dark rum
    1 oz light rum
    2 oz Bailey'sŪ Irish cream
    whipped cream

Shake rums and Baileys in iced shaker, pour into politically correct glass, and top with whipped cream

I've Been Frosted

It is finally almost cool enough to be tea weather! I have some "spiced apple cider" tea I picked up a couple week ago when I took my nieces to my favorite tea shop in preparation for them heading to college for the fall, if I get a kettle going, anyone wanna cup?
    I've Been Frosted

Ahhhh fall.

Kitchen is in overdrive, have to get the tomatoes canned in advance of apple picking......

Unfortunately the slave labor is back in school. Richard, want to drive north and help out?
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

Hee hee - I just checked for fun - Richard, it is theoretically *just* a 11 hour 40 minute drive from Louisville, KY to Whitney Point, NY ....
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Found the recipe for ya, Richard!

Obama Mama recipe

Invented by Pam Jensen

Scale ingredients to servings
    1 oz dark rum
    1 oz light rum
    2 oz Bailey'sŪ Irish cream
    whipped cream

Shake rums and Baileys in iced shaker, pour into politically correct glass, and top with whipped cream

Thanks, I'll get hopping....
    Done.

LH,

Getting there would be no problem, it's getting me to leave.

I'd love to see some pic of the garden.

I have to say that one thing about living in CA that dissuaded me from learning how to can was the fact that an Earthquake could roll thru and ruin everything.

So is the mindset of someone living in a fault zone?
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

Pics of the garden right now would be ugly, as it's fall, after a cold snap, so things are dying.

Should've asked for pics in June, that's when it's pretty.

Final tally on last night was 16 quarts of tomatoes. Now I just have to get off my butt and build the shelves in the storage room, it'd be nice to have dinner on the dining room table. Besides, the kids want their puzzle table back.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady's Human View Post
    Pics of the garden right now would be ugly, as it's fall, after a cold snap, so things are dying.

Should've asked for pics in June, that's when it's pretty.

Final tally on last night was 16 quarts of tomatoes. Now I just have to get off my butt and build the shelves in the storage room, it'd be nice to have dinner on the dining room table. Besides, the kids want their puzzle table back.
    Why not sit them down a can/jar and some tomato paste to put them back together?

That should keep them busy for a while?
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.