I blew the whistle on a woman who befriended me at a cat show two years ago. She and I each, adopted a sphynx from a breeder who was closing her cattery, with the understanding that we'd get them spayed. I kept my end of the bargain. However, Carol did not. I've complained here before about her not caring for her cats properly, i.e., full litterboxes (constantly), no food, no water, dirty nails, ears, etc. Anyway, I texted the breeder to tell her that the cat Carol adopted is now pregnant and she went ballistic!!! I told Sherrie the horror stories. The cat is a Herpes carrier and that's why Sherrie insisted she be spayed. NO MORE BABIES!! I did this in the best interest of Nyla, the cat. Sherrie wants the cat returned. I got a text from Carol asking me why I betrayed our friendship and why I didn't talk to her first. I TRIED talking to her for MONTHS, to no avail. I just wish I had taken pictures of everything. I'm done talking to her. My loyalty is not to this douchebag, but to save Nyla's life.

Sherrie said Carol cried on the phone about how much she loves Nyla. I don't doubt that at all. But, Sherrie can't take Nyla back. She told Carol that once the babies are born and weaned, she has until December to get her fixed and send her proof, or she's taking her to small claims court. Sherrie also expects the pick of the litter.

I felt bad at first, but then realized I did the right thing. I haven't heard from Carol and don't expect to. I just pray that those babies are going to be okay. If she had only gotten both Sinatra and Nyla fixed, it never would've come to this. She's just damn lucky I didn't call the ACO.