Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Foxy is not doing well :(

Foxy is not doing well :(

For almost the past two weeks Foxy has not been eating well. The vet did not think it was a mouth issue and her bloodwork was just fine with the exception of a high white blood cell count. She was given 10 days of antibiotics and with four days left she hasn't improved. The vet suggested next step to be xrays, but living from paycheck to paycheck it really isn't doable for us after $225 out of the last one for the last appointment. We are talking very seriously about letting her go since I don't want to see her starve to death. She has had 11 good healthy years and so maybe it is just time.

http://petoftheday.com/talk/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=32038&dateline=129651  4765
    My Family left to right Riku - Lynx Point Siamese mix, Riley - Domestic Short Hair Tabby, Phoebe - Domestic Medium Hair Tabby, Foxy - Australian Cattle Dog mix - March 2001 - September 15, 2012, Autumn - Labrador Retriever Mix
    Dear Husband and Myself - homo sapiens - James and Becky

You and she will be in our prayers. Give her a kiss from me.
    I've Been Frosted

Sorry to hear Foxy is not well. You have a very difficult decision to make; it's not easy. You and Foxy are in my thoughts and prayers.

Thank You for the kind words. Tonight she did a little better when it came to eating her ground turkey and rice. I think tomorrow morning I might try the vet prescribed food again and see what she does. It has been a few days since I tried it, but it has been one of her least favorite foods. Turkey and rice seems to be her favorite right now. I am trying not to get my hopes up too much because everyday has been different in regards to what she eats and what she doesn't. Tomorrow she might just pick the turkey out and leave the rice like she did last night.

http://petoftheday.com/talk/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=32038&dateline=129651  4765
    My Family left to right Riku - Lynx Point Siamese mix, Riley - Domestic Short Hair Tabby, Phoebe - Domestic Medium Hair Tabby, Foxy - Australian Cattle Dog mix - March 2001 - September 15, 2012, Autumn - Labrador Retriever Mix

I'm so sorry to hear this. I hope that her appetite picks up. Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent her way.

Pawsitive thoughts and prayers for Foxy. {hugs}
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Positive thoughts your way!!

I'm not sure what you have all tried with her, but in case you haven't, you should try some canned food. All my kids love Merrick's varieties of canned food. It might be easy for her to eat it because of minimal chewing, and maybe it'll smell so good she won't want to leave.

either that, or trying baby food i've found works good too. you can get so many different kinds of baby food, and maybe mixing a few different foods (like chicken, sweet potato, some veggies) will give her some good nutrition.

i hope she gets better! My crew will be thinking about your family!
    Maya- Chocolate Labrador Retriever DOB: 6/30/2006
    Edge- German Import German Shepherd Dog DOB: 11/3/2009 DOTD: 9/5/2012 http://dogoftheday.com/archive/2012/September/05.html
    Bandit-Hound mix "DOB (approx)": 5/11/2011 DOTD:10/28/2012 http://dogoftheday.com/archive/2012/October/28.html

Diesel- DSH cat "Given" DOB: 11/9/2007

Nugget- Maine Coon "Given" DOB: 5/6/2010

Milo- Maine Coon "Given" DOB: 3/1/2011

Batman- Black DSH cat "Given" DOB: 10/31/2011

"They go first so that we may follow safely"

Waiting at Rainbow Bridge:
    Rasty- Wolf/GSD mix
    Sam- Golden Retriever
    Turbo- Beagle Puppy
    Buddy-GSD mix

She is doing worse. We are going to the vet again today at 1:30 so vibes around that time would be very much appreciated! She is now having a very hard time walking, getting up, and squatting to go potty. Last night at our last potty for the day she fell on the steps and broke her claw. We are going to discuss our options and see what we can do. Her diet has consisted of ground turkey and rice for about the last week and a half. She will eat some meats, but snubs her nose up at processed meats like hot dogs. She will also eat tortillas and pizza crusts. She got pork steak bites the other night from my plate. I have tried some canned foods, for a while she would eat Ol Roy canned chicken and rice but stopped eating that. She wouldn't touch the food the vet gave us.

We had to let Foxy go tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by JMCsGirl View Post
    We had to let Foxy go tonight.
    I'm so sorry to hear this. RIP sweet Foxy. Please take care. (((HUGS)))

I just read that you had to let Foxy go. I am so sorry for your loss. I know what you're going through and it is hard. It does sound though that it was the best thing to do for Foxy--even though it was difficult for you. ((Hugs)) to you.

I am so sorry you lost Foxy

My condolences, it is always so difficult at the end. Roxy had 11 years which is a lovely time. It is never long enough for us. She had many fine, fun time with you and your family. Hold on to those memories at this difficult time. Hugs to you. RIP Foxy, sweet girl, have a fun romp at Rainbow Bridge, pain free and healthy again!

I'm so sorry to hear the sad news. Rest In Peace sweet girl.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    I'm so sorry that you had to let her go.

RIP sweet Roxy. Sleep softly, and then play hard with all of your new friends at RB.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~