Thread: Kittens Limping

Kittens Limping

Hi, my name is DeAnne. I have 4 cats right now. 3 of them are sibling kittens about 5 months old. Yesterday one of them, April started limping. I have no idea what happened or why. She slept most of the day after that. Well this morning she is a little better and now her sibling is limping. Are they playing too roughly? They have started climbing on high counters and shelves, does it sound like a sprain? They are acting fine, just limping. I just thought it was weird they are both limping.

Yup, sounds like normal kitten behavior, just keep an eye on them, make a note for yourself which leg seems to be the "sore" one, too - just to be sure if it reoccurs days later, it's the same leg or another one.
    I've Been Frosted

Kittens love to bounce, remember Tigger? LOL And they climb, and they are very good at "tumbling" as well. Who knows what she did?! I'd do as Karen said, jot a note on your calendar, so you can monitor but other than that, just enjoy them for now.

Thank you guys, that helps with a lot of my worries. The girls do get to rough housing and in the early morning hours its a danger zone in here, 3 kittens running at 100 mph through the house, and jumping on everything. I love them though but they are like toddlers. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Cowgirlannie82 View Post
    Hi, my name is DeAnne. I have 4 cats right now. 3 of them are sibling kittens about 5 months old. Yesterday one of them, April started limping. I have no idea what happened or why. She slept most of the day after that. Well this morning she is a little better and now her sibling is limping. Are they playing too roughly? They have started climbing on high counters and shelves, does it sound like a sprain? They are acting fine, just limping. I just thought it was weird they are both limping.

At least they have each other to ponce on at 2 a.m., instead of you!
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    At least they have each other to ponce on at 2 a.m., instead of you!

True Karen, they pretty much leave the bed mice (my feet) alone until I take a nap that is. haha

Hi and welcome to PT. I also have 3 kittens that are 5 months old so I know what you're talking about. Hopefully it's only from playing too rough and they'll be fine in a few days. Good luck.

Update on Kittens

Both kittens are back to normal. No limping. All 3 kittens spent the night running all over the place, I found a curtain down when I woke up.

WONDERFUL news! So glad they're all right now.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

I found a curtain down when I woke up.
    And no doubt three innocent-looking kittens denying any responsibility for it!
    I've Been Frosted

Both kittens are back to normal. No limping. All 3 kittens spent the night running all over the place, I found a curtain down when I woke up.
    I don't have curtains; just valances!

Sounds like normal kitten behavior, just keep an eye on them, make a note for yourself which leg seems to be the sensitive one, too just to be sure if it reoccurs days later, it's the same leg or another one.I think three innocent looking kittens denying any responsibility for it.