Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Adventures of LIL Bub

Lil Bub and her Dude are coming to Chicago!

Hey Guys! I'm coming to Chicago soon.

More details to follow... but here's the basics.

It'll be on October 10th. I will be doing a meet and greet at Urban Outfitters (limited admittance), and a screening of Lil BUB & Friendz at The Metro. There will also be a limited number of VIP/upgrade tickets available for the screening that include a post-movie Q&A, posters, and meet-and-greet with me. Tickets will go on sale this Saturday at noon - check www.metrochicago.com for more info.

All proceeds from the movie screening benefits Chicago's Tree House Rescue, and Urban Outfitters is making a very generous donation to Best Friends Animals from the proceeds of the super cool new BUB (me) merchandise that will be filling their shelves.

Sorry I don't have more to tell you... but all the details will follow very shortly. Please check BUB's Facebook page and website for updates.

OK GOTTA RUN LUB YOU GUYS
    ----
    Edited to add: Tickets are $5 (standing room); $10 for seats; $20 for upgrade and $60 for the VIP tickets. Doors are at 8 PM.
    Lub YOU, Bub! (All four pounds of you, ya little perma-kitten girl!)
    Last edited by cassiesmom; 09-18-2013 at 08:06 PM.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Quote Originally Posted by snakemama View Post
    SQUEE!! The question about her sleeping a lot to maintain her epic cuteness was mine, it was the question for which I won a ticket to meet Lil BUB and get her pawtograph.

BUB is TEENY! 4lbs is NOT a lot of kitty!
    My word, she is smaller than Emily. Em weighs 6 lbs. I can hold her without straining or getting a hernia.
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    Lil Bub and her Dude visited Catster! http://www.catster.com/the-scoop/lil-bub-catster-visit
    Excellent article! I think Bub brings out the best in us. And she and Mike are helping others too.
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

Here's a video of Lil Bub and an invader !
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2jTrAao4zk

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

I've been following Lil Bub on the website as well as on facebook. So very purrescious.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

I LOOOOOVE Lil Bub!!!

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Received this via Twitter

Awwwwwwwww! Dearest Lil Bub!!!
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.

I got an E-mail saying that Lil Bub has a brother, also a special needs kitty, named Bozz
    Bub's Dude admits this has been a hard secret to keep. Please tell me this is an April Fool's joke.

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    Hey Guys! I'm coming to Chicago soon.

More details to follow...
    Amigo is sitting here with me reading the posts. When he saw this and the word "party" he told me again what a great time all the kitties had on their meet & greet Catmobile trip. He asked if there's any chance of maybe getting the Catmobile again and going to see her when she's in Chicago. Pinot, what do you think?
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

Quote Originally Posted by momcat View Post
    Amigo is sitting here with me reading the posts. When he saw this and the word "party" he told me again what a great time all the kitties had on their meet & greet Catmobile trip. He asked if there's any chance of maybe getting the Catmobile again and going to see her when she's in Chicago. Pinot, what do you think?
    Cassie sez... definitely let's get the Catmobile again and we can try going to Bloomington, Indiana to meet Lil Bub and her Dude If they're not available, we can bop around the Indiana University campus. Pinot, thoughts?

If you get Lil Bub's E-mails, you might already have seen this. She and the ASPCA have teamed up to do some really good things

Edited to add: I just realized that Lil BUB's big FUND raised $25,000 in three months! That's crazy awesome, Lil BUB!
    -----
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil BUB
    Lil BUB's Big FUND NEWS

I am thrilled to announce that Lil BUB's Big FUND was able to raise $25,000 since it was announced in February of this year. Not only that, but in that time we received 64 applications for grants, and the wonderful folks in the grants department at the ASPCA were able to select recipients and distribute all $25,000 to twelve very deserving shelters with special needs animals.

I would like to congratulate and thank everyone involved, from the generous folks at the ASPCA, to the shelters that work so hard to save amazing animals like me, to my donors and you, who buy cool things with my amazing face to help me raise money, and those who donate directly whether it's to my fund, or to your local shelter.

As soon as the Fund hits another $25,000 the ASPCA will announce that they are accepting grant applications. Let's hope that's sooner than later!
    Last edited by cassiesmom; 04-29-2014 at 03:10 PM.

Yes, I just got Lil Bub's e-mail, and what wonderful news!!!!!

Death thought about it.

Lil BUB and her Dude are in California...

Come See Me This Weekend

I am in the Bay Area, and there a number of ways to see me on Saturday. I'm involved with a couple amazing things, so please read carefully!

1) First Annual Intergalactic Feline Film Festival Opening Ceremony:
    Q&A with ME and my DUDE
    Premier of "The BEST OF Lil BUB's BIG SHOW"
    Acceptance of The First Lil BUB Award for Outstanding Achievement in Cat
    BUB Plush Toy Raffle for charity
    Limited to 200, and can be purchased here:
    http://www.thefirstannual.com/tickets

This Saturday at 12:00 pm
    At The Roxie Theater
    3117 16th St (between Valencia and Guerrero)
    San Fransisco, CA

SFIFFAVFFH is a 2-week all-cat film festival condensed into 12 hours.

Percentage of proceeds will go to benefit SFSPCA, including sales from local hot dog institution Loc Dogs, who will be on hand selling Loc Dogs for Cats—custom veggie and non-veggie dogs.

2) Oakland CatVidFest and Meet and Greet

The Oakland CatVidFestis this Saturday from 3- 8 pm at the Great Wall of Oakland. All proceeds from CatVidFest ticket sales benefit the East Bay SPCA. The whole point of this event, and my meet and greet, is to help raise money for animals in need!

I will be introducing the screening of the CatVidFest reel on stage, and I will also be holding a Meet and Greet...

To Meet me:
    You will first need to buy a ticket to the CatVidFest, which will be an amazing and wonderful experience in and of itself. Then you will also need to buy an additional ticket for my meet and greet. 100% of the proceeds of these tickets will be split evenly between the East Bay SPCA and Lil BUB's Big FUND.

PURCHASE YOUR TICKETS HERE

1) $20 - Meet me, take a photo w/me, get an exclusive photo print signed and personalized by me
    2) $50 - All of the above PLUS YOU CAN PET AND KISS ME!
    3) $75 - Pet and Kiss me PLUS YOU GET A BUB PLUSH TOY courtesy of Cuddle Barn!

There are less than 65 tickets left! Only 5 plush toys left!

The reason it costs so much to meet me is because it allows me to raise an enormous amount of money for charity. Your ticket purchase is actually a very generous donation to animals in need, with the added perk of getting to meet me. If this event sells out, we will have raised more than $7,500 in only a couple hours. THAT's MAGIC.

Lil Bub turned three on June 21! Happy Birthday, sweety! Good job BUB!