Thread: Groucho and his vet checkup

Groucho and his vet checkup

Groucho had another visit with Dr. Pearson yesterday. He has gained a half pound since his last checkup and Dr. Pearson is very happy about that. Doctor also decided to change his diet to a higher calorie allergy food and medication to help his inflamation. I have to call Dr. Pearson in about a month to let her know how he's doing on the new food.

There are still litter box problems. Sometimes he'll use it and sometimes he still leaves Groucho bombs around the house. I did get a different litter than usual and a very good friend suggested going back to what he's used to since he may not like the new litter. I also mentioned it to Dr. Pearson, sometimes his poop is rather loose and other times it's normal. She said the new litter could be a factor. She said because of the inflamation he could have had some pain in going and he connects the pain to the litter box, he's just trying to avoid any discomfort by not using it. While we were there, Groucho had a little "accident" in his carrier. Since it was the looser sample, I decided to tell Dr. Pearson before cleaning it up. When she checked, it answered a few questions for her. Fortunately she found no blood in his deposit. One of her techs cleaned the carrier while Doctor and I talked about his checkup.

Things were running a bit behind at the vet's yesterday and the receptionist told me something about the practice I didn't know. Dr. Pearson and Dr. Horn participate in TNR! She told me that some of the staff will go out and humanely trap any strays in the area. The cats are brought in, examined, spay/neutered, given any treatment they need then put up for adoption whenever possible. If I wasn't sold on this vet clinic already, this would definitely seal the deal.
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

I'm glad Groucho's checkup went ok and that he's gained some weight. Will keep you both in our prayers.
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

How nice that they participate in TNR! They should certainly publicize that, and maybe more people would patronize their business!
    I've Been Frosted

Glad to hear about good news for Groucho. And that's great about your vet. I think my vet does the same, but they do not take owner surrenders. I know why. Everybody would be dropping them off.
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Poop View Post
    I'm glad Groucho's checkup went ok and that he's gained some weight. Will keep you both in our prayers.
    Same here! Groucho!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Prayers and good wishes for Groucho and you, Eileen! And what a wonderful vet, participating in TNR.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

So glad Groucho's vet visit went well and he, ahem, cooperated, so to speak. His vet sounds AWESOME!!!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Groucho, good boy eating and gaining some weight! Keep at it fella.

And good luck with the litter issue. Maybe going back to the previous litter will help.

That is so nice of the vet office!

I'm glad to hear that he's doing well. Hopefully going back to his former cat litter will help with the litter box problems. I also hope that his new diet will help him too. That's great that your vet and her staff do TNR.

Good job Groucho!!
    Yours in Whiskers

I'm not young enough to know everything.

"The Best Mirror is an Old Friend"

“The secret of what is small is the secret of clear-sightedness; the guarding of what is soft and tender is the secret of strength.”

• Lao Tzu

Way to go Groucho- and you seem to have an excellent vet