Thread: Peed in the house

Peed in the house

This is random, and honestly brings me back to the days when Mikey first came home with me.

My parents have been away for the whole weekend (woooo) and I have had work and yesterday I left Mikey for about 8 hours alone. I DO have an excuse, I was helping a friend of mine move into her college dorm. I felt awful because I hadn't thought it would take that LONG But anyway, Mikey had peed in the hallway, all his water was drunk. He hasn't peed in the house in over 2 years. I cleaned it and covered the smell obviously, but I am wondering if he will now start making a habit of this? It wasn't marking it was a full-on pee puddle. I just am asking 'cause, well I really don't want to go through that again. He is SUCH a good boy, and I am just thinkin' it was an accident and he REALLY had to go (who could blame him?)...thanks for any input.

Blog Entries
    I'm give'n Mikey the benefit of the doubt! Dude had to pee One time thing fer sure

Praise him next time he pees

I bet he just had to pee. I would praise him many times over for the next several pees outside and maybe he will forget he even did it this once. Prue has accidents every now and then and it is usually when I have been gone for many hours and she just can't wait. I never yell at her because it's my fault!

I wouldn't worry about it.

I agree with the others, one time thing.

These small dogs have small bladders. My flock can only hold it for about 5 hours, and that is if I make sure I send them out to do 'busies' right before I leave.

I am sure it was a one-time - "gotta go!" incident, as longs as you completely cleaned it up, I am sure it will not become habit!
    I've Been Frosted

I'm with everyone who is giving Mikey the benefit of the doubt. When you have to "go"...
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Quote Originally Posted by mon View Post
    I'm give'n Mikey the benefit of the doubt! Dude had to pee One time thing fer sure
    I agree! Little dude just had to pee! He tried to hold it! LOL

I'm thinking this was such an anomaly with definable circumstances (being left alone for 8 hours and drinking all his water!), he just couldn't hold it. I don't think he'll make a habit of it

PS: My girl is routinely left alone for 8 hours at a time as well while the BF and I are away at work. Neither of us live close enough to let her out at lunch. We crate her while we're gone and if she has ever had an accident it was because we left her too long (which she hasn't had an accident in years besides her incontinence but that's a different story).

facebook