Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Edge

Edge

Only two words for you Mister Edge: Beautiful & Awesome. Congratulations on being our very worthy DOTD.
    Our pets reflect our outlooks and attitudes.

You're a gorgeous boy Edge!!! I love GSDs! You sound like a wonderful friend and protector. Congrats on being DOTD!
    I hope this is special day for you and your family!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Edge

What a beautiful boy! I could not click fast enough to see more pics. That face just radiates intelligence! And he is being guided to become the best that he can be by a caring person and receiving the benefits of an extended fur family. Welcome to the U.S. Edge!
    DAISY and LILY, my white flower girls

Quote Originally Posted by jspence View Post
    Only two words for you Mister Edge: Beautiful & Awesome. Congratulations on being our very worthy DOTD.
    Good morning, Edge! I'd like to add two words to jspence's two -- handsome and intelligent! You have such captivating eyes, and your terrific head tilts have me smiling from ear to ear! I'd like to drive from Chicago right up to Wisconsin so your person can say "friend" and you can lean on me! Wowzers, you are such a hunky doggie! How wonderful that you are so close to your favorite person, plus you are adjusting to your extended family-- both two- and four-legged! I hope that you'll continue to get used to being loved, spending time with your favorite people, and enjoying joyful and fun times in beautiful Wisconsin. Happy Dog of the Day to you, Edge!

p.s., I would love it if your person nominates your dog and kitty siblings for DOTD or COTD! Please bark to your person to register for PT so we can see more of you, and learn how you are doing with your family and adapting to your new life
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Wow, Edge is a very handsome dog! Loved all of his pics, especially the ones where he is cocking his head with curiosity. I think anyone would be lucky to have such a protective boy in their home.

Congrats on being DOTD!

Ohhhhh Edge ....... !

What a special Boy.

You are a wonderful boy with a caring and responsible Guardian. You have a marvellous life ahead of you.

I see my Cleo in your face .....

You WILL find the balance..... just takes time.
    Love is more than proximity.... its part of the fabric of our souls... We are their Mission.

Freebie Digital Graphics http://snowdropslighthouse.blogspot.com/

My Beautiful Edge :)

Thank you all for your kind comments about my boy!! He truly is everything you all mentioned-and more!

This boy has weaseled his way into my heart so fast, and I could not imagine a day without him! It is crazy to me to think back to the first time I ever met him-it was 2 weeks after he was imported, and my trainer was having a rough time with him. We met in a dimly lit basement at my trainer's. I remember him leaning on me with his back turned to me. When I reached to pet him, a look came over his face like that of confusion-I don't believe he was ever gently petted or loved before. After working with him for a short time at the kennel, we realized he did not know how to play...so I brought down my other two dogs (Maya-6 yr old choc lab, and Bandit-1 yr hound mix). Bandit and Edge immediately became best friends, and Edge learned so much about being a dog from Bandit.

Fast forward to today-and you never would have known he was the same dog. He still is very nervous when he comes with to the kennel, so typically on my training days he stays home in the comfort of his crate, with his brother and sister. He enjoys romping around the yard everyday, and cuddling in bed at night. We did have to housebreak him-as he must have been a kennel dog and did not understand that it wasn't polite to lift your leg on things in the house lol. His house manners are improving, though he still has a few habits that we will continue to work through. Every night he falls asleep on the bed with me, then shortly after he jumps down and positions himself between my bed and the door.

It amazes me at how trusting he is after his unbearable past, but it just shows how amazing dogs truly are!

Oh Edge you handsome handsome boy! I knew Snowdrops was going to see her beloved Cleo in your face I your headtilt!! Have a wonderful life and I'm so glad you ended up in such a wonderful home.

Magnificent Edge!

Hi Edge! Happy Dog of the Day to you!
    True to your beloved breed, you are one incredibly handsome and keenly intelligent, noble and loyal to a fault, GSD! And oh, bilingual to boot! hehe How lucky your proud lady is, having a devoted best friend and loving protector in you...your many assorted furry family members as well! And oh, how stunning are those photos! I see such love in those beautiful, copper colored, "bear cub" eyes! *sigh*
    Thanks for brightening my rainy day with your heart warming story, Edge! You are one most deserving Dog of the Day honoree, and oh, can't wait to see your furry sibs up on my screen before long, too!
    Enjoy your big day in the spotlight, sweetheart, celebrating to the max with your humans, your furry sibs, your pup pals...ALL of your adoring friends and fans!!! And keep up the good work, being the best friend a human could ever hope for!
    Love and a big hug to you, magnificent Edge!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

I'm back! I found this picture of Edge with his two dog-buddies in his person's signature and I wanted to put it here because it gives me a huge smile!

Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Blog Entries

Edge

What a beautiful dog your Edge is! Just a joy to see his fine face today, peace and love

Edge!

Edge...what a beautiful boy you are! I'm glad that you have a wonderful mom who loves you...and you don't even have to work - lol!
    Growing up, I had a beautiful shepherd girl named Sharouma...she was black, but had more tan than you...anyway, enjoy being Dog of the Day, Edge!

Edge

You are a very handsome fellow still young for your breed so you still have time to settle into a dog with all the tributes of a German Shepard it is a shame some one was too harsh with you before you got to your home here in the states.Good Luck you are headed to be great boy.

Quote Originally Posted by Turtske View Post
    Thank you all for your kind comments about my boy!! He truly is everything you all mentioned-and more!

This boy has weaseled his way into my heart so fast, and I could not imagine a day without him! It is crazy to me to think back to the first time I ever met him-it was 2 weeks after he was imported, and my trainer was having a rough time with him. We met in a dimly lit basement at my trainer's. I remember him leaning on me with his back turned to me. When I reached to pet him, a look came over his face like that of confusion-I don't believe he was ever gently petted or loved before. After working with him for a short time at the kennel, we realized he did not know how to play...so I brought down my other two dogs (Maya-6 yr old choc lab, and Bandit-1 yr hound mix). Bandit and Edge immediately became best friends, and Edge learned so much about being a dog from Bandit.

Fast forward to today-and you never would have known he was the same dog. He still is very nervous when he comes with to the kennel, so typically on my training days he stays home in the comfort of his crate, with his brother and sister. He enjoys romping around the yard everyday, and cuddling in bed at night. We did have to housebreak him-as he must have been a kennel dog and did not understand that it wasn't polite to lift your leg on things in the house lol. His house manners are improving, though he still has a few habits that we will continue to work through. Every night he falls asleep on the bed with me, then shortly after he jumps down and positions himself between my bed and the door.

It amazes me at how trusting he is after his unbearable past, but it just shows how amazing dogs truly are!
    Edge is very lucky to have found someone like you who is patient and understanding and willing to work with him. Not everyone would do that. He really is such a gorgeous dog!

Would love to see a video of Edge and Bandit playing.

Quote Originally Posted by happylabs View Post
    Edge is very lucky to have found someone like you who is patient and understanding and willing to work with him. Not everyone would do that. He really is such a gorgeous dog!

Would love to see a video of Edge and Bandit playing.
    Thank you!! Honestly though, I'm the lucky one in this relationship. I owe it to him to be the best owner i can for him, as he tries so hard to be the best dog he can be. He's come so far so fast, and I wouldn't trade him for anything.

and I think i might have a video of them playing, but i know i have some pictures for sure. I'll see what I can do!
    Maya- Chocolate Labrador Retriever DOB: 6/30/2006
    Edge- German Import German Shepherd Dog DOB: 11/3/2009 DOTD: 9/5/2012 http://dogoftheday.com/archive/2012/September/05.html
    Bandit-Hound mix "DOB (approx)": 5/11/2011 DOTD:10/28/2012 http://dogoftheday.com/archive/2012/October/28.html

Diesel- DSH cat "Given" DOB: 11/9/2007

Nugget- Maine Coon "Given" DOB: 5/6/2010

Milo- Maine Coon "Given" DOB: 3/1/2011

Batman- Black DSH cat "Given" DOB: 10/31/2011

"They go first so that we may follow safely"

Waiting at Rainbow Bridge:
    Rasty- Wolf/GSD mix
    Sam- Golden Retriever
    Turbo- Beagle Puppy
    Buddy-GSD mix