Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Flicka!

Flicka!

Oh Flicka my heart breaks when I read how wonderful dogs like you had such a horrible start in life. I would love to put the people that abanded you in the hole that you were found in. Thank goodness you were found and now have a great Mom that loves you very much. I have a cattledog mix that I had rescued too and like you, he is a total mommas boy. Happy well deserving dotd

You're a gorgeous boy Flicka! It's good to see you ended up in a wonderful home! Congrats on being DOTD!
    I hope this is a special day for you and your family!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Flicka the survivor!

Good morning Flicka! Happy Dog of the Day to you, beautiful boy!!!

I can't imagine anyone with half a heart, reading your story, looking into those big, beautiful, love filled eyes and not shedding a bucket of tears; tears born of heartbreak for the unconscionable abuse you suffered so early in life, and happy tears, for the miracle that was your rescue; for the wonderful life you have been blessed with!!! Oh, how far you have come Flicka, thanks to the unwavering devotion and commitment, the unconditional love of your family, and of course, that indomitable and courageous canine spirit of yours!!! Wow, to think a pup (understandably) so mistrustful and lacking in confidence could come so far so fast, earning his CGC to boot, is nothing short of miraculous! Your Mom is rightfully proud of you, and you should be too! And as so many give witness to here on Pet Talk, our rescues so often rescue us as much as we do them, and we give you great thanks to you for helping your Mum to heal, filling that empty space in her heart after the passing of your much love predecessor, Cleo! Your Mum says it best of all...and so beautifully

Flicka is my velcro boy! He stood beside the hole in my heart that was left when Cleo died and he quietly built a bridge over it to my soul.

How blessed you and your forever family were to find your way to one another, for yours was truly a match made in heaven, Flicka! A family couldn't hope for a devoted furkid than you, and I hope for you and your Mum and Dad and dear Lucas, many more happy years of shared love and companionship!
    Thanks to your dear Mum for sharing your very inspirational, heart warming story with us, and of course, those heart melting pics, too! (That shot of you cuddling with your duck is beyond precious!)
    Now, enjoy your much deserved day of honor, sweetheart! I know your proud Mum and Dad, and fur bro Lucas too, are sure to make it a very special one!!!
    Lots of love, hugs and kisses to you, beautiful Flicka!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Thankyou !!!

Thankyou so very much for you kind and humbling words !

I am truely honoured to have my Flicka here this day and for the people here who have taken his story to their hearts !

Thankyou is such a small word but it embraces so much.
    Love is more than proximity.... its part of the fabric of our souls... We are their Mission.

Freebie Digital Graphics http://snowdropslighthouse.blogspot.com/

Awww, Flicka! What a sad beginning you had in life -- but what a wonderful new start came when your forever family adopted you! Now you have learned to trust Mom and Dad, you have earned your CGC recognition, and you are learning to have fun with Lucas too! Big hugs to you and to Lucas too on this special day! Happy Dog of the Day, Flicka!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Blog Entries

Flicka

So Flicka is our magnificent DOTD today, hurrray! Couldn't help but have a good cry reading about Flicka, so glad this great dog was rescued So nice to hear he feels safe now and can return all the love and kindness he's been shown in spades Hope he has a great day with his awsome peeps and Lucas and of course Quacky, peace and love

Flicka Forever!

What a harrowing start at life, Flicka! Such an awful beginning for such a beautiful sweet guy!
    (Don't get me started on abusive humans, and kill shelters)...
    Anyway, you have come a long way. I can tell that you are so happy to be loved and cared for!
    May everyday be Dog of the Day for you, Flicka!

Flicka, you are so gorgeous! Happy dog of the day to you!

Flicka,

Imagine my delight when I opened up my dogoftheday today and saw YOUR beautiful face on my screen! Although I have never "met" you, I have loved you for many years and consider your mom a wonderful friend! As you know, your Cleo is represented by a beautiful Hosta in my backyard and she has already grown beautiful flowers

I read your tribute today word for word and I learned more about you today than I ever knew previously. I, too, am so sorry you had such a hard start in life! I am beyond grateful that fate brought you together with your mum and you now have the best life a doggie could have. I know how much your family cherishes you and you them.

Sunny sends you a big High Five in congratulations. Love you sweet boy.

HUGGGGSSSSS,
    Deb

Thankyou !

Thankyou again to all !. Wonderful words of friendship. Much appreciated !

Debs... you are a dear friend... and I know you are tending "Cleo"

I did the yearly "Canine Cancer Candle Lighting" again this year in the garden . Making a slide show again when I get time to breath !

I know Cleo and Stryker are Sailing on Fair Winds and Calm Seas.
    Love is more than proximity.... its part of the fabric of our souls... We are their Mission.

Sweet Flicka

Reading your story again was heartbreaking sweetheart.... We are so very happy you rescued your Mum,Dad and Lucas!!

We love seeing you in the spotlight Flicka... If everyone knew how much you Lucas and your Mom do for so many souls that need her help, you would be Dog of the year!!
    Thanks for what you do Miss Pam!!

Watch for Cleo and the RB gang to send some beautiful rainbows here soon! I know they have been practicing lately!!

We love you guys

xoxoxo
    Sasha & Kai

What a beautiful dog you are, I love your coloring. You have a very moving story; I wish every dog could have such a happy ending.

Something from me to you all who have been so very kind.....

There is a place in the heart where hopes and dreams grow. In that place ,all things are young and new and the flame of life burns eternal. Heart Dog to Heart Dog

Sail on Fair Winds and Calm Seas

Flicka ∆,,∆ , Lucas /..| Cleo (I.M.) ∆,,∆ & Pam X (the mere human)

So nice to hear from Flicka's mom "in person!" And so nice to see a picture of beautiful Lucas and your beloved Cleo, too. Please give Flicka and Lucas a bunch of kisses for me!
    Sandra~

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Flicka

A huge thank you to Flicka's rescuer. What a bold and wonderful thing you did and your rewards will go on forever. Flicks may never get over all of his problems but none of us humans reach perfection either, so that's okay. So long as you feel about Flicka the way you stated in his story and I quote "His loyalty is unquestionable and his love is unconditional ... and so is mine for him. Flicka is my velcro boy!", You two have it all and everything else is minor. I was in the hospital on Flicka's big day of being our DOTD but now that I'm home, I just had to enter a brief comment about him and you. All the best for a long and happy partnership.
    Our pets reflect our outlooks and attitudes.