CAN ANYONE HELP THIS FAMILY. AC IS TELLING THEM TO ROUND UP THE CATS AND PTS! THIS IS AWFUL!! CAN ANY ANIMAL ATTORNEYS ASSIST???

Over the years, we have adopted and now provide in our house a home for 15 cats. Unfortunately for us, we have fed outside feral cats and now have approximately 24 cats and kittens who live outside on our property and have come to rely on us for sustenance. We have been summoned to court on 9/11/2012, to face charges for violating Lopatcong Twp. L.O.101-6 (harboring feral cats) and Lopatcong Twp. L.O.101-15 (failure to have said cats immunized against rabies). Betty Wysocki, the animal control officer has certified these complaints. I spoke with her today and asked her for advice. She told me to trap all the cats and have them euthanized at Warren Animal Hospital. I have limited funds being only able to find part-time employment. My wife and I were declared bankrupt in 2010 and our house is now in the foreclosure process.

Are there any resources that you of that can help us round up the cats and find homes for the ones that can be saved. Per the summons, we have stopped feeding the cats today. I was told by not feeding the cats I could face further charges such as animal cruelty. I don't know what to do and your advice would be most appreciated.

David Weinberg
Cel (516) 449-8822
Email: [email protected]