Good evening,

I'm fairly new to this forum. I have a 6 year old feline cat that I adopted from an ex-coworker when the cat was around 8 weeks old. She was healthy and gregarious; and I was planning on getting her spayed. Well, one evening I was working when I received a call from my mom that our siberian husky caught the kitten in it's mouth. When I came home, she was obviously bloodied pretty bad and her guts were hanging out. I took her to the vet and he diagnosed her with a hernia that would cost $5,000 to operate. He said she had a couple of months to live otherwise. At that point, the kitten looked healthy and joyous; obviously she miraculously was fine the next day. I was 18 years old and could not afford such an operation, but she looked fine so I didn't want to put her down either.

Throughout the years, she has been fine, except that she sometimes vomits when she eats too fast or we change her meals. The problem that I have with her is that she pee's on EVERYTHING! This was a big problem when she was a kitten up to a year old. She would pee in the corner of the house, and claw at the carpet. She destroyed each doorway's carpet in our house (we have 6 doors) and the downstair's STINKS of cat piss! We washed & cleaned but can't seem to get rid of that stinky (no pun intended) smell! We moved her litter box to a particular corner of the house she liked to pee in and that seemed to help stop her. She's gotten older and her mannerism has changed; she's no longer peeing everywhere BUT occasionally if she enters a new part of the house she pee's.

I tried to get her spayed but no vet will perform the operation since she has the hernia. They say it won't be safe to spay her.

Here is my BIG problem with her: She sometime's has her "crazy spells". She either attacks me or my mom at random. Like we'll walk by her and she hisses and swats at our feet. I rough house with her so I figured I'm the bad reason BUT... I've never been afraid of her. Well, that all changed today because while I was at work I get a call from my mom saying she was attacked by my cat and she's bleeding all over... I leave work early to come home and find my mom BLOODIED from arms and legs; I mean she ran to the garage in fear of her life from my cat! My cat scratched her so badly that I thought it punctured a blood vessel. We took my mom to the doctor and she got stitches and all. My cat ran upstairs to my room where I fortunately trapped her by closing the bedroom door.

She's been locked inside ALL day. I tried to bring her water and food but when I open the door she hisses and comes running to attack me! I doubled up on the jeans, I wear tennis shoes, gloves and eye wear for protection ~> that's how scared I am of her! So I attempted a second time to bring her food & water, but this time when I opened the door she was NO where to be seen! She was either hiding from me. Again, this is so unusual. A couple hours later, I snuck in her litter box and she was again no where to be seen in the room. But I am so creeped out and scared to go inside the bedroom in fear she'll jump out and attack me!

I really, really do NOT want to put her down but my mom is, obviously, traumatized and scared of her. I am too, but I cannot bear to put her down, since last November I had to put my Siberian Husky down.

Please advise. Any help would be appreciated. How do I get her out of the room or how do I know it's safe? Is there someone I can call to help with temperament? Will they put her down? Any one else seen this or dealt with this? Help!

Thank you in advance.

PussNBootz