Thread: Thalion

Thalion

I'm so so happy to see Thalion as today's dog of the day. If anyone deserved to be dog of the day it was Thalion and I bet today is a really special day. He was a true inspiration and I know how much you still miss him. Thinking of you today. Hugs.x

What a handsome boy you were Thalion! Such a nice story of your life. You must have been a wonderful dog!
    I hope your family has a special day today seeing you honored as DOTD!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Thalion is an angel~

Dear, precious Thalion~

*Tears* are falling as I look at your photo album, that sweet face; read your Mommy's beautiful, heart wrenching, love filled tribute to her precious boy.
    I'm so, so sorry you had to leave for the Rainbow Bridge, sweetheart, and I can only imagine how your Mommy aches for you, for a return to all of those happy days you shared traveling the country together, both of you working tirelessly, but happily, to help deserving Greys such as yourself find their forever homes; simply having fun, two best friends heading out for a day of adventure; hitting the beach, hiking the trails, sharing a quiet moment of reflection beneath that glorious blue sky.

There isn't a doubt in my mind that a higher power led you to your Mommy, assigning you a very special job; that of helping her to heal not only emotionally, but physically, after her devastating diagnosis. I truly believe that. And while you may no longer be there with her in body, your spirit and your love for her, and hers for you, live on in her heart, held safely there until that wonderful, joyful day of reunion. You truly are a Dog of a Lifetime, Thalion, and your Mommy the luckiest soul on earth to have had a best friend; a teacher, healer and soul mate in you, to have been loved by you. So continue to look down on her from above, sweetheart, and send down lots and lots of love to comfort her. She misses you so very much.

To Thalion's Mommy~
    Thank you so very much for giving us the chance to pay tribute to your beautiful boy, and all that he means to you. How lucky he was, having a Mom as devoted as you. You gave him the best life imaginable, and he left this world knowing just how loved he was. I hope with all of my heart, that seeing him being honored here today, reading the heartfelt words of caring and condolence from fellow dog lovers give you some small measure of comfort. And I hope and pray you are doing well. I know no pup can ever take Thalion's place in your heart; he was one in a million. But hopefully some time in the future another deserving dog will come into your life; you have so much love to give.
    (((HUGS))
    Sandra
    Last edited by tatsxxx11; 08-26-2012 at 03:15 PM.

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Thalion

I'm so glad I had tissues near me because you mom loved you so much and the story she told us was filled with love. You were so lucky Thilion to have found such a wonderful home. Your travels amazed me because my adopted service lab was quite a traveller too but you surpassed her. What great adventures you had with your mom.
    Congratulations on DOTD
    .((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( hugs to your mom)))))))))))))))))))))

Thalion, so very nice to see you here and celebrate your being DOTD!!! We followed your battle with osteo on COG, your Mom will know us from there. Hopefully you are playing with Jamey at the 'Bridge. You were a beautiful hound, Thalion, you remind Mom of one of our greys.
    Any dog, cat or pet being featured is special, but these magnificent Greyhounds just light up one's day so much!

Congrats sweet Thalion

Well, I, too, have spent the last few minutes crying. What a wonderful tribute to such a perfect dog, Thalion. You are surely missed by your Mom and friends.

I loved how your Mom told us all about your adventures and travels. You certainly were fortunate to have so many trips to other places and were "on the go" for a long time.

I trust your RB time has been relaxing for you. I am sure you have many new friends there. Rest in Peace sweet Thalion.

What a handsome, noble face you have Thalion. You're such a comfort to your Mom and I know your spirit will always stay close by her. I hope you've met our Basil at the bridge, he enjoys a good "ahrooo" too. Well deserved Dog of the Day!

Sharon

I'm reading this and crying myself, thinking it's the same way I've felt every time I've lost one of my babies. My heart breaks every time I remember the special memories I have with each one of mine. It's amazing how our pets bring us through hard times. There are so many times I wouldn't have made it through if it weren't for them. Thalion had a great life with his mommy and I'm so glad she got involved with greyhounds. I, too, am against racing and what they do with the dogs after they are of no use to them anymore. I'm so grateful there are greyhound rescues to give them a better life than what they had with their owners/racers. I'm grateful Thalion's mommy was so loving and made every moment precious. I'm sure he's up there running and playing with all the others - maybe even mine! Congratulations on DOTD. You deserve it.

As usual, Sandra (tatsxxx11) has said everything I was thinking and more. Thalion is a perfect Dog of the Day. Thalion, I will get to meet you in God's heaven, One Fine Day. Big big hugs to Thalion's mom for this wonderful story of giving each other love and care. I have a former co-worker who had a retired greyhound and it was my privilege to get to know him a little. Happy Dog of the Day to Thalion, I'm sure Phred and Corinna will make sure there is a full-out celebration on the Bridge today
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Thoughts of Thalion...

Your touching story of Thalion brought tears to my eyes. What a special bond!
    Thalion had a very good life with you...and now he is smiling down on you...

I have tears in my eyes after reading Thalion's story. What a sweet loving friend he was to you and you gave him a lovely Tribute. I know you loved him and gave him a wonderful home. I am so sorry for your loss. I'm glad he was DOTD!