Thread: New to Pet Talk

New to Pet Talk

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	The Zoo Crew1.jpg 
Views:	339 
Size:	68.8 KB 
ID:	54647Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bandit1.jpg 
Views:	324 
Size:	100.1 KB 
ID:	54648Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sunny and Miko1.jpg 
Views:	333 
Size:	99.6 KB 
ID:	54649

I'm new to Pet Talk. I'm still learning how to get around this site. So far I uploaded pictures on my Album of all my pets. I love animals especially cats. I have 4 cats 1 dog and 2 birds. My husband currently works as a general manager for Petsmart in WA state. That's actually how we met. So it's hard when I go visit him and see all the pets that need homes. I just can't seem to say no. Even though I know I have too. This is a really nice site. Hope I get to meet a lot of you and share my experiences with my babies.

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Hi - and welcome to Pet Talk. My name is Ellie and I live in the very small state of Delaware with my 2 dogs. Myndi is a Pom and is 16 1/2 and Sparky is a Shih Tzu and is 13 1/2, so they are seniors like I am. There are also 2 gray cats in residence that belong to my son, DIL, and grandson. We the humans make this a multi-generation household.

Your fur kids are beautiful, and the feathered kids are just stunning - I love what you have done with your photo album. I too have a problem going past the adoption center at Petsmart, and I really have to stay clear of it as much as possible. I want to bring them all home.

Hoping you will like it here and become an active member. This really is an awesome place.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Hello Bella and Welcome!

I'm Sandie, from Rhode Island. I have the crew you see in my siggy; all of them are rescues. I volunteered with a bichon breed rescue and adopted every dog they sent me to foster, ha haaa. Before that I did feral cat TNRM, and kept every kitten I trapped -- I was supposed to socialize them and put them up for adoption!

I looked at the 3 photos you put in your post, haven't checked the album yet. Bandit looks quite handsome! Sunny and Miko are so colorful! I can't imagine having cats and birds in the same household, ha haaa. Now the cat collage, oh my you did a wonderful job but . . . no names! Just 'the zoo crew!' Ha haaa, don't be surprised if they get back to you on this -- you know kitties!

Feel free to jump in on any thread, look forward to learning more about you and your pets.

Thanks for visiting.

Quote Originally Posted by pomtzu View Post
    Hi - and welcome to Pet Talk. My name is Ellie and I live in the very small state of Delaware with my 2 dogs. Myndi is a Pom and is 16 1/2 and Sparky is a Shih Tzu and is 13 1/2, so they are seniors like I am. There are also 2 gray cats in residence that belong to my son, DIL, and grandson. We the humans make this a multi-generation household.

Your fur kids are beautiful, and the feathered kids are just stunning - I love what you have done with your photo album. I too have a problem going past the adoption center at Petsmart, and I really have to stay clear of it as much as possible. I want to bring them all home.

Hoping you will like it here and become an active member. This really is an awesome place.

Thank you for visiting. Your babies are so adorable. I know what you mean when you say you want to bring them all home. My husband is always worried when I visit that will happen. I've been very good though. I wish I can afford to take care of them all. Maybe someday I will open up my own non-profit rescue place. I have a friend that does this for a living. It's a lot of work but I think it is worth it. I just love all animals.
    Titan~ Savannah Cat, Bandit~ German Shepard Mix, Buddy~ Domestic Shorthair
    Sunny~ Blue Front Amazon, Bella ~ Siamese Mix, Misty~ Domestic Medium Hair
    and Miko~ Blue Pionus

Furry &
    Feathered Friends

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.

Your furbabies (and feather babies) are beautiful.
    I'm Lisa and live in Alaska. Bobcat (hubby) and I are currently personal assistants to 3 very spoiled kitties.

We look forward to seeing more of your babies.
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

Hi there!

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    Hello Bella and Welcome!

I'm Sandie, from Rhode Island. I have the crew you see in my siggy; all of them are rescues. I volunteered with a bichon breed rescue and adopted every dog they sent me to foster, ha haaa. Before that I did feral cat TNRM, and kept every kitten I trapped -- I was supposed to socialize them and put them up for adoption!

I looked at the 3 photos you put in your post, haven't checked the album yet. Bandit looks quite handsome! Sunny and Miko are so colorful! I can't imagine having cats and birds in the same household, ha haaa. Now the cat collage, oh my you did a wonderful job but . . . no names! Just 'the zoo crew!' Ha haaa, don't be surprised if they get back to you on this -- you know kitties!

Feel free to jump in on any thread, look forward to learning more about you and your pets.
    Thanks for stopping by you have beautiful babies. All of my babies get along very well. Bandit loves playing with Titan my Savannah. Titan is full of energy compare to the other 3 though he is still a 6 months. Bella my siamese mix is about 1 1/2 and is the smallest cat in the house. She weighs about 7.5 pounds. My largest is Buddy and he weighs 20 lbs. Misty my grey cat is slender and very regal. She is the Queen of the house. Having cats and birds is not bad at all. My kitties don't even bother them. The only one is Titan but he is just curious and learning not to bother them. Both birds are talkers. Sunny likes to talk your ear off. Miko mimics sunny. It's soo cute. As far as the Zoo Crew I wondered about the title and talked to my babies about it. They were thinking more like Cats R Us but would exclude the rest. Though they want to be the highlight of the signature! Still thinking though. Any input?
    and Miko~ Blue Pionus

Furry &
    Feathered Friends

Hi Lisa!

Quote Originally Posted by kuhio98 View Post

Your furbabies (and feather babies) are beautiful.
    I'm Lisa and live in Alaska. Bobcat (hubby) and I are currently personal assistants to 3 very spoiled kitties.

We look forward to seeing more of your babies.

Thanks! Love your babies also. I'm starting to have fun here. I'm Ginny and I'm from WA State. Enjoying everyone's visits. Have a pawsome day!
    and Miko~ Blue Pionus

Furry &
    Feathered Friends

Hi, and Welcome!! I'm Maggie, my kitty is Pinot and we're glad to meet you! Your babies are lovely - have a wonderful time chatting!
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

Welcome to Pet Talk, with that crew, seems like you're gonna fit in really well!
    I've Been Frosted

Welcome to PT!!! I just visited your profile and I looked at your photo album. All of your animals are gorgeous. I think you'll fit in well here. I've seen some Savannah cats at a few cat shows before and some of them can get very large. One was all black and he looked like a small panther and he was still growing. I'm currently owned by 7 cats and 3 kittens. They all get along except for my female cats Ziggy Stardust and Pearl. As you can see, I'm a huge male orangie fan because they have the best personalities and they're very entertaining. I look forward to reading more about your animals and hopefully seeing many more pictures of them too.