Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: what are you addicted to buying...

what are you addicted to buying...

well for me it has to be scarves, i just cannot go past them, i make a B line for them in every shop, i have around 25 or so now, mind you they are not expensive to buy, they look good and they keep you warm,so i reckon not too bad an addiction to have .

I also have now been buying what i call junk jewellery,up until about two years ago i have had a severe allergy to all metals except gold and silver, it actually started when i bought a whole heap of junk jewellery from the USA back with me from my trip, i figured in those days they were full of nickel and i was allergic, i tried everything, hypoallergenic ,putting nail polish on the earing studs, you name it, however something in my body has changed and i can now wear it, and i am loving it,so many pretty and cheap things out there that look nice.i still like my good jewellery,but only have a few good pieces.

We also have what we call grabadeals,yazoom,daily deals and many more online that offer really great bargains, must say bit addicted to them as well,but i have managed to get some really good deals, a lovely microfibre duvet inner for 40 dollars that was orginally 149, and i have found nothing to compare as good as mine yet,so all good.

Ok i have confessed my sins, how about your's, i am sure it will make very interesting and maybe amusing reading.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Books

Quote Originally Posted by Grace View Post
    Books
    Me too....

I have waaaayyy too many eyeglasses.

I also have 5 containers worth of beads to make necklaces. I simply can't resist popping into the craft store and buying one or two strands of beads.

Oh yes i can relate to books as well, had not read in years ,until i got my new specs, which are now my old specs and need replacing, so i went a little mad buying books too, but i now have an ipad i won and i can start reading on it, thank goodness as my eyesight is failing to read books anymore, arrghhh!! getting old sucks some times.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Quote Originally Posted by carole View Post
    Oh yes i can relate to books as well, had not read in years ,until i got my new specs, which are now my old specs and need replacing, so i went a little mad buying books too, but i now have an ipad i won and i can start reading on it, thank goodness as my eyesight is failing to read books anymore, arrghhh!! getting old sucks some times.
    I retired back in 1999. For about a year before I did it, I started stacking up the books - the ones I wanted to have once my time was all my own So my pile consisted of about 45 books. One year later, the stack had increased to 60+. Seems for every book I read, I bought 2 replacements.

Yes, I checked out my local library - it's lovely, but doesn't always have what I want - when I want. I refuse to be on a list, and they call one day and say I have 2 weeks to read a particular book. I want to read, what I want, when I want.

I have some I've read more than once - some I've read more than 5 times - and one I've read over 10 times.

I have an iPad, but I don't read books on it. I want to hold the book in my hand, feel the pages, smell the smell. And if I drop it, it doesn't break.

I'm an eclectic reader - history, sports, current events, medical stuff, mysteries. Not much fiction - have been reading for so many years that most of the plot lines are old hat.

My latest 'addiction' is books for the kindle.
    Amazon has a ton of freebies every day... they update their free list every hour just about.

For the last year, my actual 'addiction' for buying things has been nail polish. Although that is dwindling down since I have... Uhhh, about 40 bottles of nail polish. And I've cut all my nails back down again so I can type faster at work.

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018

I actually had stopped reading until my kindle, now i can make the font as large as I want and I can read again.

I am addicted to buying clothes for my twin granddaughters, everything looks so cute on them I find it hard to resist.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

Video games...I have SO MANY of them but anytime one that interests me is on sale and I have a couple of bucks, I end up buying it. Mind you, if I actually played just the games on my Steam list (an online game retail service) I'd be stuck in front of my computer 24 hrs a day for the next 3 or 4 years.

This isn't counting all of the games I have on the Xbox or PS2...

I also end up getting a lot of books. There is a Kindle app for Android so I spend a lot of time on the bus reading. The free list for Kindle is actually quite good!

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Nothing, really - at least not since I retired and could no longer afford addictions! Since I've had my Kindle, I do get a lot of books, but most all are free, or just a few $$ at the most. I loaded around 50 books in just a few weeks, and I've read most of them, tho I slack off reading in the summer months. I'll be back at it soon, and loading lots more books too.

When I was still working, jewelry was my addiction - mostly rings and earrings (and not the cheapy ones either ), followed by handbags. Obviously I don't "need" all that anymore, and I never "needed" them to start anyway - but I was addicted. I still can't go into any store without checking out the jewelry and handbag departments, or admiring what's in the jewelry store windows at the mall. I just don't buy! I wear earrings every day, even if I'm not going anywhere, but not so much the rings, and I wear 2 gold necklaces that I never take off. And all the handbags on my closet shelf - I resort back to the same 3 or 4 favorites, and the rest collect dust.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

This is a weird one, but exercise clothes. This tends to be a problem because I only use a handful despite the fact that I go for a bike ride every morning and STILL don't get around to wearing all of them. I also tend to buy a lot of Iphone cases and dog collars.

Yarn

Yarn, yarn, yarn. I love knitted and sewing. Not many people know that about me, but I knit all the time. I have enough yarn to knit a pair of socks for everyone here. Not that I will, but......

I also love buying kitchen gadgets.

I'm not really addicted to buying anything, but if I had the money I would probably get lots of different body lotions and shampoo. LOL!

Sallyanne, I wish you were closer, you probably know how to crochet as well. I have these potholders? that you begin in one corner. I just don't don't know how to start.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Dresses...I love dresses. For someone who lives in a climate where they are only wearable for a few months a year, I have a truly ridiculous dress collection.
    If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you must find the courage to live it.
    --John Irving

sas - maybe for the next holiday gift exchange if the economy recovers enough to have one... me, women's size 10B.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda