Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello from CJ and Robin!

Hello from CJ and Robin!

Hello all, long time no see!

Just wanted to give an update on CJ and Robin....and ourselves too.

CJ - known as Jackie these days - is doing really well. He has gradually gone blind over the past 2 or 3 years, but that hasn't slowed him down a bit! He still begs incessantly to go outside (on his rope) and we indulge him as often as possible. He loves when we pull into a new place and before we've even got the engine shut off he's begging at the door to go explore the new digs. He recently had a visit with the white coats and the vet said she has never seen such good blood work in a 14 year old cat. She didn't have an explanation for his blindness, but said he's not in pain because of it and if he continues to act normally, there's no real concern. We got a new motorhome last March and the first few days he was a little hesitant to move around because things weren't where they were supposed to be, but he quickly got over that in his search for the front door. He'll sometimes bump into Robin because he doesn't know she's sitting there, but other than that he knows his way around pretty well. He loves snuggling with his meowmy and wants under the covers every night, which I'm happy to oblige him with a lift of the covers to help him find his way.

Robin is doing well......considering. She has appeared "yellow" lately, so after the most recent white coat visit - and another several hundred dollars it was revealed she has a tumor in her liver, one kidney is non-functioning and the other is failing and she has tri-something or other affecting her large intestines and two other organs. Several years ago after her diagnosis of crystals in her ureters (sp?), I determined I would not put her through surgery, so the decision that was made with the latest diagnosis is we will keep her comfortable as long as possible - and love her to pieces in the meantime. However, with all the health issues going on - along with some weird skin thing too - she is doing well. She begs for her milkies every morning and gobbles up chicken and hamburgers like you wouldn't believe. Getting her to eat her own food, however, is rather a chore and I've practically gone broke trying to find a food she'll continue to eat. I now just buy small bags because she'll gobble it up when I first introduce it, but after 3 or 4 days doesn't want anything to do with it. The vet said it will eventually get to the point where she'll be put on steroids to get her to eat and to help with the tumor, but seeing as she already has liver and kidney issues, the vet wanted to delay that as long as possible. She adores laying on her daddy's tummy and practically won't leave his side as long as he's home. She also has a favorite mousie and catnip ball that she will bat around, and she's so funny because she slips and slides on the tile floor to go after it. She soon poops out though, and is back to her daddy's tummy for smoochies and lovin's.

So all in all life is good these days. The last few years we've been spending our summers in Grand Teton National Park working at the Colter Bay Marina, and we spend our winters basking in the Southern California sunshine. We head back to the midwest every spring to visit family and friends and like I mentioned, we got a new motorhome last March - still 45' long, but with 4 slides now instead of 2, so we have a bit more room. No plans yet to give up our vagabond lifestyle, so like I say, life is good.

It's nice to be back at PT and to see there are still so many "old-timers" still here. It's always sad to hear of all the beloved PT kitties that have gone to the bridge, but it's always exciting to hear about the new adoptees who have gotten a new lease on life too.

Nice to "see" you all again!

PS - pics are Robin sniffing the breezes at the front door and Jackie napping on his new favorite bankie.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0724.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	831.1 KB 
ID:	54570   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0739.JPG 
Views:	121 
Size:	831.8 KB 
ID:	54571  
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

Welcome back, oldtimers!

Hello, stranger!

Glad Jackie is doing well! Still such a handsome boy.

Poor Robin - how old is she? She has had the best years of her life with you, for sure! Give her hugs and a forehead kissie for me. She still looks dainty and beautiful!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Hey, good to hear from our wandering Pet Talk family! Glad the kitties are relatively well, all things considered!
    I've Been Frosted

Hi Debbie and Terry! How nice to hear from you! I'm sorry that CJ has gone blind, but you know cats... as long as they are in familiar surroundings, they'll be fine. It sounds like CJ has already got used to your new MH, too. In spite of Robin's tumor and other health issues, I'm glad she is doing fairly well. Yes, keep her comfortable and pain free as long as possible, that seems to be the best you can do. Please give them both some kisses from me!

Do we get to see nay pics of your new MH? Preferably with you in it. It must be nice to have the freedom of living wherever you want, and be able to find work. Of course, I don't the places you go to, but I know for a fact that CA is a great place to be, both in winter and summer.

Fister is now 16 years old and doing fairly well. At he last vet visit his numbers were within normal. However, he is slowing down a bit and can't jump on the kitchen counter anymore, but he can jump on my bed. He even still goes down in the yard, in fact he was just down there for 15 min. but has come up and is meowing his head off to get attention - or to send you a greeting.

Keep the updates coming and have a great time!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Hi Debbie, It's great to see you posting here again. I'm sorry to hear about both CJ and Robin but I'm glad that they're still able to enjoy the motorhome life with you. My Storm had to be put to sleep on Aug. 2nd. He was about 16 1/2 years old but may have been a bit older since I never knew his exact birthdate. He was doing great in April but slowly started going down hill. Then he became very wobbly and he could barely get around because his back legs would go out on him. I just couldn't continue to watch this so I had to say my final goodbye. As you can see in my siggie, I've adopted quite a few more cats and kittens. I ended up adding 5 new additions this year. Yes, I'm crazy but I'm enjoying my large cat family. Everyone gets along very well except for Ziggy and Pearl. They still don't like Alani & Blaze and they don't like the latest new 5 additions either.

It was so nice meeting your two furbabies. CJ is so handsome and I love his spirit! Blind or not, he's got living to do! Robin seems like a real love bug and those kitties are always very special. I hope you have her with for a good while yet.
    I don't know about Cali being nice in the summer. I live inland a little bit, about 35 miles or so, and summers are very hot and smoggy! I try to escape to the beach almost every weekend. But winters here can't be beat!
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

WELCOME BACK STRANGER!! I was just thinking about you the other day wondering how you guys were doing!!!

Thanks for popping in to say hi!

Donna and the crew at Ploss's Halfway House for Homeless cats
    xoxoxox

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Gosh, it's good to hear from you all!!!

Poor Jackie! I totally understand. My Grandma cat has gone blind too. But she, like Jackie, doesn't let it bother her. She still even jumps up on my bed by herself.

Hope Robin continues to feel well and you all have lots more cuddle and love time with them both!!!
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

10. Hello, hello, hello! You'll have to let me know when you get back here. Not just yet I suppose as it is soooooo hot.

The Es are still the Es. Edwina has a thyroid problem that makes her so hungry she will snatch the food right out of your mouth. She gets twice daily treatments but still DEMANDS food at 6:00am. Eddie is the same sweet, not too bright fellow.

Hope we can get together when you get back...

It's good to hear from you again!
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

Hi Debbie - it is great to hear from you. CJ and Robin are adorable as always despite the ills of old age approaching. They are so fortunate to have loving purrents to take care of and love them. Please give them both a big hug for me. Eve is sweet as ever and a complete princess - sometimes she reminds me of your dear Peanut.

I love that you and Terry are living your dream - how sweet and in a new motorhome!! Well done. Enjoy your travels and visit soon.
    Yours in Whiskers

I'm not young enough to know everything.

"The Best Mirror is an Old Friend"

“The secret of what is small is the secret of clear-sightedness; the guarding of what is soft and tender is the secret of strength.”

• Lao Tzu

So nice to hear from you

So glad you are doing nicely and live is fine for you all. Stop in again some time to let us know how you are doing!

Hugs to you all.

Sas and her campers

Welcome back to you all! Good to hear of how Jackie and Robin are doing and the wonderful care they are getting from you. God bless you all.

Last edited by phesina; 08-25-2012 at 09:54 AM.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Debbie I am so glad to hear of you. When we were in Grand Teton 2 years ago you were not there (Sara knew ) but we are jealous to hear you can go there every year.
    I am so sorry to hear about Cracker jack and Robin. Jackie will be ok for a long time because blindness is nothing that gets a kitty out of his comfort zone - I am more worried about little Robin girl. I feel it is too short after your last generation to be with senior kitties again. I think you are taking the completely right decision to let her have a happy and spoiled life as long as it lasts.
    One of the food things Filou loved when he ate little else was egg yolk. It is full of healthy fats so maybe you can get the girl to lick one once in a while.