Thread: Hermes Sneezing Blood Need to get him to a vet on Monday

Hermes Sneezing Blood Need to get him to a vet on Monday

Hermes was seen by a vet on Wed. Aug. 22 and he was given a Convenia shot because he has an Upper Respiratory Infection. Hemes started sneezing yesterday and all last night and he got blood on our sheets, he sneezed on me and I've attached photos of the blood that he sneezed on me. We've been giving him Lysine to help with his herpes. Hermes needs a dental done but we need to get him better before he can go under for that. Right now things are financially difficult as I explained in the chipin page that I've set up for him. If you wish to help Hermes, we'd greatly appreciate it. Thank you. Here is the link for the chipin page: http://newringgold.chipin.com/hermes-surgeryClick image for larger version. 

Name:	100_7587.JPG 
Views:	95 
Size:	1.60 MB 
ID:	54666Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_7579.JPG 
Views:	94 
Size:	1.35 MB 
ID:	54667Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_7582.JPG 
Views:	102 
Size:	1.66 MB 
ID:	54668

He could've broken blood vessels in his nose. My cat Maya has chronic sneezing problems too and is also on Lysine. I went out and bought an air purifier at Good Will for $9 (looked it up on E-bay and it's a $60 purifier). The air purifier has worked wonders on her sneezing.

Please keep us posted on Hermes condition. You guys will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Prayers for Hermes! I hope it is treatable. This time of year you might be able to find air filtering machines on sale or maybe on Freecycle.

Get well soon, baby Hermes!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Thanks Donna and Cathy for your prayers

Little Man could use them. My sister gave us 2 air purifiers when she moved. So he has that one but I'm also going to put a humidifer in there next to see if that helps but I have a feeling from what I read online and from what the vet informed us too that it's probably all coming from his teeth since they are so bad.

I'm sorry to hear this. I've been dealing with the feline herpes eye virus for almost 2 months now. Since I have 10 cats, it keeps being spread around. Most of them have been on antibiotic eye drops at some point and also Lysine. I just started 8 of them on the Lysine again. The girls usually stay back in my bedroom and they're difficult so I won't give it to them unless I have to. My vet said that Lysine given long term hasn't been proven to help the feline herpes virus. I hope that Hermes will start feeling better soon. Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent his way.

There is nothing as upsetting as when our Beloved Cat Companions show signs of illness, we are so upset and nervous wondering what will happen when we get Our Fur Friends to Our Vet.
    We are praying that Hermes is all right and that his healer could make him all well again.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Prayers for Hermes that this can be treated without too much trouble and he is well again soon.

God bless,

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

I have been through this before (and am currently going through it again) with Conner. You are right, it was associated with his teeth. Poor Conner ended up getting all but three teeth pulled and he was much better.

Usually the humidifer helps but it takes a couple of days to work. Right now I have it going and that room is HUMID.

But I hope Hermes gets better...

Made an appointment for Maya's teeth to be done. The vet said she has a bad tooth in the back. I'll bet anything once she has a dental done and any bad teeth extracted, her sneezing will just about stop. Teeth affect the sinuses.

Let us know how you make out, Pinot's mom!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Poor Hermes. I hope whatever this is can be treated very quickly.

Sending my prayers...

RIP Sally

11. Edwina was sneezing blood a few years ago. When I was just about to take her to the vet she sneezed a blade of grass out of her nose. End of blood.

I too send positive thoughts to Hermes!

I'm sending up prayers and healing thoughts for Hermes.
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!