Thread: Hello From Ontario,Canada

Hybrid View

Hello From Ontario,Canada

This is our 2 year old Shih Tzu Heidi on a walk recently,picture of Fritz in the winter of 2008 in the snow,loved running in the snow and Ruffles,a few months old with my Dad in 1987..My name is Barry,I joined this site in August of 2004 and haven't introduced myself.I live here with my Mom Betty and our Shih Tzu Heidi my Dad Clifford passed away in March of 2007 from Lou Gehrig's Disease.Before Heidi we had a Bichon Frise,his name was Fritz,we loved him very much,he had to be put down in September of 2010 he was only 8,had failing kidneys ,Diabetes and possibly Cancer,I took it rather hard.Before Fritz,we had a Black Miniature Poodle,his name was Ruffles,he had to be put down in April of 2002 he was 15,was deaf,blind,falling down and losing control of his rear end so Dad decided to have him put down was hard on him,we were going to wait until fall of that year to get an other one but Dad couldn't wait so they went with friends to Wiarton,Ontario to get Fritz.Mom didn't want another dog after Fritz but I missed Fritz a lot,I was saving for a computer we eventually got and used it to get Heidi,saw an ad on kijiji.we went the next day and got her she cuddled with both of us and we brought her home,tough first night,she wouldn't sleep,since that night she has been good sleeping.She loves going for walks with me,she will see other people with dog or without,will whine and jump ,out of the chair and want to go,also paws at my foot to go,loves belly rubs from anyone,I can spell out treat,walk and drink and she knows what I am saying,She has snacks of Iams bones 2-3 times a day,has water,then snoozes at my feet in front of the couch or with me on the couch.She snores a lot while.right now,is under my chair while I type this snoring and snorts as well.That's a little about Heidi and her family hope you will enjoy hearing about her life here with us.
    Last edited by fritz03; 09-04-2012 at 02:58 PM.
    thanks very much devon. I have been boo'd.

Glad you finally got around to an official introduction!
    I've Been Frosted

Hi Barry, I have been meaning to respond to this since you posted it.

I've always enjoyed your messages, because you so clearly love your family (including furry members) and your home and your neighborhood very much, and that comes through so well in your postings. It's nice to find out a little more about you now!

All the best,
    Pat (and my 7 cats)
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery