Thread: Poor Snoopy

Poor Snoopy

His nail came out of one of back paws. Stuck on deck
    He is loving all the attention now that he has his "designer" sock on aka one of dad's old ones.
    We used good old Alum to stop the bleeding it also is disinfectant. Wrapped carefully in gauze
    and put little padding on foot wrap before sock went on his paw. He hasnt tried to lick it off.

Here's photo Name:  snoopyfoot.jpg
Views: 804
Size:  83.2 KB
    Owned by my 8 precious furry kids... My 3 daughters Cindy & Abby & Aly and 5 sons Skinny, Stephen, Carson, Fuzzmuzz and Franklin.
    Owned by two special canine sons Coco and Snoopy and two canine daughters, Sadie and Gretchen

Always in our hearts RBButterscotch & RBThumper, RB Ms. Eleanor

Ouch! Poor guy. I hope it heals quickly and he continues to not bother it.
    Hugs to Mr Snoopy!
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Ouchy. He needs extra TLC for sure! What a good boy for leaving his paw alone.

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Awww Snoopy. I hope it doesn't hurt too much and your pawsie is good as new, and very soon. My RB terrier Cinnamon once yanked a dew claw out when she get it caught in a wire fence. A quick trip to the vet and she was good as new, and knew enough to stay away from that bad fence from that day on!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by pomtzu View Post
    Awww Snoopy. I hope it doesn't hurt too much and your pawsie is good as new, and very soon. My RB terrier Cinnamon once yanked a dew claw out when she get it caught in a wire fence. A quick trip to the vet and she was good as new, and knew enough to stay away from that bad fence from that day on!

Thank goodness my friend who's in medical field was able to help me stop bleeding (she always does way better with blood than me LOL). Hopefully in few days we can take the "designer sock" off. He kinda secretly thinks its neat thing LOL
    Owned by my 8 precious furry kids... My 3 daughters Cindy & Abby & Aly and 5 sons Skinny, Stephen, Carson, Fuzzmuzz and Franklin.
    Owned by two special canine sons Coco and Snoopy and two canine daughters, Sadie and Gretchen

Glad your friend was able to help! And it is cute that he's secretly enjoying his new designer duds!
    I've Been Frosted

Poor Snoopy. I hope his nail/paw heals quickly.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatepuppy View Post
    Poor Snoopy. I hope his nail/paw heals quickly.
    I ask my friend and dog's groomer how long it would be till nail grew back she said about month
    Sometime tomorrow I will take the bandage off and check things out if looks ok I will let it air heal rest of the time. I will need help/assistance so probably call my friend see if she can stop by. Hubby has CPR training after school and wont get home till around 7 p.m. Really dont want to be fussing with this when he gets home from a long day.

Poor boy. I hope he heals up quickly.

We changed the bandage today. Smeared lots of antibiotic ointment on the paw. It's healing nicely just looks gross. ewwww Going to change the dressing on Saturday. He was such a good boy when we did all this to him today.

Update: He managed to undue the bandage while outside going potty. I redid everything and put one of hubby's dress sock's on his foot instead of athletic sock. I pinched his foot by accident and it bleed for a second He seems to like his new sock

UPDATE: Saturday night... no more bandages! We are able to put liquid bandage on toe nail and use Bitter stuff to keep him from licking so much. He is much happier and so are we..
    Last edited by Craftlady; 08-25-2012 at 10:16 PM.