Thread: Poor Barbara...

Poor Barbara...

It's a long story but basically Babs' dewclaw was cut too short earlier when we were clipping her nails and it was all bloody and such. She made the bleeding worse by running around the yard like a madman and by the time we caught her, both front paws were covered in blood. Thought we were going to have to fight our way over to the vets office but luckily it stopped bleeding and she doesn't seem to be in pain.

She's awesome though...was totally unfazed, even when we were poking around trying to clean up the blood and figure out where it was coming from.

She's completely fine now, but I feel super bad about it

We wanted to keep her outside until we were sure she wouldn't be spreading little bloody footprints around the house, so she helped water the plants (aka, tried to drink all the water)

But I now know that I'm not squeamish at all when it comes to blood! It kind of got everywhere (she's very wiggly haha) but it didn't bother me, surprisingly.
    in on the joke and i cant stop laughing

Awww, poor Babs! Glad she's none the worse for wear!
    I've Been Frosted

I think she was the least bothered out of the three of us, aha.

Bassets are notorious for having difficult nails to clip.

Niņo & Eliza

Well NOW I know that!

We do usually just have the vet do it, but it's nearly impossible to get to their office right now. It's seriously like a mile from my house, but the road connecting us is closed. I'd just take the next road over, but that's closed as well (as is the NEXT one). It's definitely construction season in Michigan!