Thread: Dog rescue software...any ideas?

Dog rescue software...any ideas?

I just became aquainted with a dog rescue group that needs to computerize. They are doing a great job of rescue and placement! Now they need to move into the computer age to help track animals, including descriptions, health etc.

Have any of you PetTalk people ever worked with computers this way? Is there some already-written software out there, or do we need to start from scratch?

Any help is appreciated!
    "Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened" - Anatole France

Hi..The Petfinder.org site is good.Click on
    the ASPCA logo and scroll down .On the lower left side of page..click on News Alerts.
    Scroll down on leftmost sidebar and click on
    "The ASPCA To Manage Upgraded Shelter"
    Very good article on PetWhere(Registered)
    software product being used all over the country. Please read the article ,Hope it
    helps.Does the rescue currently have an Operating System & needed hardware,etc?
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Animal Rescue Software

Hi - Please have a look at Trackabeast. I created this application specifically for animal rescue (as opposed to shelters). I also run a program called iShelters which runs online and is suitable to both rescue and shelter management. Please feel free to write me with questions about either. carrie (the at symbol) trackabeast.com.

Carrie

PetPoint is a great software used by several rescues we work with as well as our shelter. They will register the 24petwatch microchips, you can track people, animals, medical, retail, and more. Check out www.petpoint.com

Many thanks guys for your desire to work and help !! Hope that you will find the necessary software and will be able to bring happiness to more these creatures and make them loved pets))
    Last edited by upsten; 06-14-2012 at 01:53 AM.

any thanks guys for your desire to work and help !! Hope that you will find the necessary software and will be able to bring happiness to more these creatures and make them loved pets)

Another Animal Rescue Software

Hi, I also have an animal rescue software that I am trying to get started. At this point it is pretty complete with a full foster profile, including notes, medication, expenses,and uploading of pictures and documents. It also supports tracking donations, adopters and donators(supporters), and reporting. If you want to know more, please visit my info site http://www.rescueassistant.com
    and please feel free to email me if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Frank
    frank at rescueassistant.com

We recommend iShelter

At Mountain Pet Rescue, we've been using iShelter for several months. Before selecting, I consider many different software systems to keep track of our pets, fosters, adopters and volunteers. We selected iShelter for the following reasons and have been very happy with it. We couldn't keep track of our activities without it.

- Web-based - We needed many people to have access.
    - Automatic applications - We wanted people to be able to fill out applications on-line and have the information automatically entered in the software system
    - Ease of use - We wanted to be able quickly enter the basic data and then return to complete the data later. Some software requires users to enter lots of data before they can save the pet in the system.
    Best of all, our volunteers who typically don't like dealing with computers easily learned how to use it and are teaching others.
    - Flexibility - While developed for shelters, it is flexible enough that we can easily modify it for our rescue use.
    - Cost - Very affordable for "small" rescues.

Like other software, it's not perfect, but the developers are working on our suggestions.

If you have any questions, please contact me at [email protected].

Thanks to all of you in the rescue world who are helping to save these homeless pets and find them forever homes.
    Last edited by Jane-MPR; 05-31-2012 at 09:49 PM.

Hope this helps

Quote Originally Posted by TheAntiPam View Post
    I just became aquainted with a dog rescue group that needs to computerize. They are doing a great job of rescue and placement! Now they need to move into the computer age to help track animals, including descriptions, health etc.

Have any of you PetTalk people ever worked with computers this way? Is there some already-written software out there, or do we need to start from scratch?

Any help is appreciated!
    Hey now. Good for you wanting to get more involved in rescue work. I foster for two organizations and will e running a sanctuary for a rescue soon. I am not sure if these apps are what you are looking for but there is a free source software called animal shelter manager since I am not sure what operating system you need I just linked you to the download options page. If they have MS Office go online and search templates under Non-Profit they have a really good charitable contribution database template. Hope this helps.