Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cole is unwell

Cole might have been hungry, and had a bolt-n-barf. Some of my cats do that if they eat too fast. I hope he feels better!
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

Sounds good - i, too, bet the incident last night was what she called the "bolt & barf" - they eat so fast they take in a lot of air as well as overloading their digestive system, which promptly rejects the whole package!

Glad he's feeling better.
    I've Been Frosted

I'm so glad to hear that he's feeling much better now and is able to eat and keep his food down. I know that Sky and Ziggy will scarf and barf some times and they also throw up hairballs too.

I wonder if I should be using a different hairball gel. This stuff comes from the vet. I mean...the amount of hair that poor Cole dislodged....yikes.

Maybe I better go back to smearing some on his paw instead of mixing it in wet food.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

PT prayers can work wonders! I'm so happy for you and Cole!
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

I think that they're probably all very similar. I buy the ones in the pet stores but I haven't been giving my cats any for a quite a while. Some of them used to like the taste of the malt but then they changed the formula so now none of them like it. When I did use it, some of them seemed to cough up hairballs either the same day or a few days afterwards. It must dislodge any fur in their system and then they cough it up. I try to comb their fur at least once a week or more if I can. Ziggy usually won't let me though and she really needs it. I hope that Cole will continue to feel good and that you'll be able to control his hairballs. Good luck.