Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I've just made a Paypal account for Ming

I've just made a Paypal account for Ming

A few of you good people have offered help in case Ming needs surgery. He is doing slightly better tonight, he's been out and around once in awhile instead of hiding behind the couch, but he still doesn't pee much, a little, but not much. He is drinking on his own, but not eating, I am force feeding him, which he is taking pretty well.

Anyway, in case any of you want to help Ming, I have set up a Paypal account for Ming. If the surgery is not needed, any monies donated will be returned to you. Just go to Paypal and my account is under my email address: [email protected].

Any amount is appreciated and I will thank all of you for not only any donations you could make, but also for your prayers and kind words, They have meant so much to me.

Again, thank you again, so very much.

katladyd
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

I hope Ming mends nicely

I hope your poor kitty gets better. I suspect the surgery will be necessary and just in case, I think it is wise to open this account. I feel your Ming deserves the best chance ever, to get the surgery when he feels better so that it won't happen again. Fister boy is a good example of how the surgery makes male kitty problems all better.

Good luck with collecting donations for his surgery. And, of course, I hope Ming improves and you go forward with the surgery.

Keep us posted. Take a deep breath. I know how upsetting it is to have an ill kitty or doggie.

Positive vibes and many get well wishes to Ming from Sas and all her Campers: The cats Chloe, Juni-get-down, Lucy and Prue the doggie.

So far, it doesn't look good. I will try every legal avenue I can to get the money up, but if I don't, he will go to the Bridge on Monday.

I'm so sorry that he still isn't doing well. I know that the surgery helped in my RB Storm's case too. I sure hope that you'll be able to get the funds that you need. Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent to both you and Ming. Please take care. (((HUGS)))

Oscar and I are still keeping all our fingers and paws crossed for Ming. Glad you set up the paypal account, I have sent a little to it tonight. I hope it helps.

katladyd, apply for what you can from Care Credit, and then iMom. We will chip in here, and hopefully the vet can take payments. Don't give up yet.

ETA: I just sent some money as well.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

I am talking to my vet tomorrow before I decide anything, but she has quoted me over $2000 and I don't think anyone here can contribute that much, nor would I ask them to. This is killing me, but I won't keep Ming in this condition for days, which is how long IMOM told me it could take for them to make a decision.

I'm so sorry to hear this. I don't have a paypal account any more but I would be willing to donate some money through my credit card if your vets office would be willing to accept something like this. If so then please post your vets name and number here. Lots more prayers and positive thoughts are being sent to you and Ming. (((HUGS)))

My vet is Dr. Oliver and her phone # is 626-963-1674. Just to tell you, I do not know when I will be able to pay you back. Ming does not look good tonight, but if I get enough donations for a down payment, I may be able to get it done. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by katladyd View Post
    My vet is Dr. Oliver and her phone # is 626-963-1674. Just to tell you, I do not know when I will be able to pay you back. Ming does not look good tonight, but if I get enough donations for a down payment, I may be able to get it done. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
    Thanks for the info. Don't worry about paying me back right now, just be concerned about Ming's health. If you have a Face Book account you might also want to post about him on there too. I sure hope that you'll be able to get the money or that your vet will at least give you a break on the price to be paid upfront. Lots more prayers and positive thoughts are being sent.

My first kitty was a Siamese

I love Siamese cats because my first kitty, Sabrina, was a Siamese and lived to be 21 years old. I want Ming to have that same opportunity.

Please consider sending this poor fella a couple of dollars to help his meowmie to pay for this oh so expensive procedure. I can't believe how much Vets charge these days.

I suspect it would be cheaper here in the east, but we could never get Ming here in time. Have you checked with other vets to see if the price is in line with the usual? Is there a clinic somewhere near by? A vet school? I am sure you have thought about all of the above, but just in case.

I hope your vet considers a down payment. We could continue to send little payments to you for the long haul.

Remember when we all supported a couple of cats being housed in a kitty hotel for one member of Pet Talk? She lived with her Mom and her Mom would not let her have the cats. I ended up sending payments for at least four or five months. I have forgotten who it was, but I surely hope she takes the opportunity to "pay it forward" now. (It was Kelly, now that I rethink it all) ... I don't recall the outcome of the situation. The person doesn't come here that often anymore. Maybe she feels uncomfortable, who knows.

I don't know why I feel so concerned about this situation except that I have that Siamese connection and also, it was so successful when Fister had that operation, so I know it will solve all of Mings problems quickly.

((((((( Ming )))))))

katladyd, certainly do ask about a down payment. Also try Care Credit again - between them and the donations here, you might get enough for a down payment. Talk to your vet and try to make arrangements.

Also, these are DONATIONS from us, not loans. Several years back when the economy was better, this sort of help went on all the time.

Focus on the solution, involve your vet and CC AND iMom, and give Ming hugs and kissies for me.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Care Credit refused me, but that might be good in a way. It will just make my case more urgent for IMOM. I just want to thank you all, and I will be calling my vet shortly and discussing this with her.
    Wish me luck!

I tried calling to donate at your vets office but the receptionist said that I need to wait to find out the referral info. I guess the surgery is too extensive for your vet to do the surgery so she has to have another vet perform it. As soon as you know anything, please let me know so I can donate towards Ming's surgery. Lots more prayers and positive thoughts are being sent to both of you.

MING PEED THIS MORNING! He came out of hiding and was meowing and growling his fool head off, as only a Siamese can. I had an appt. wth the whitecoats this morning to discuss either the PU surgery or sending him to the Bridge. I am now putting that appt. off for 24 hrs. and seeing how Ming does today. He peed three times. Not a large amount, but enough to make three mid-size pee buscuits. He is now out of hiding and resting in his favorite spot. I will be keeping an eye on him, but he looks a lot better this morning than he did last night. I may still get the surgery, but I am going to let Ming recover first. Again, thanks for the money and prayers. PT PEOPLE ARE THE BEST!