Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How often do you tell your cats you love them? ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatepuppy View Post
    Every night before bed.(dogs too) I say a little prayer every day when I leave for work (or go anywhere) that my furkids will be safe while I am gone.
    Of course I tell them other times too!
    Me too! I never leave home without telling my baby girl how much I love her, and say a little prayer for her; and before going to sleep I tell her how much it means to me her love and company.

When I come home from work I tell her how much I missed her and how happy I feel when I see her gorgeous little face

Aren't our little fur kids a blessing?
    astrid

I tell them at least once a day but usually several times a day. I also say prayers for them and for all of the people and their pets on PT too.

Every time I leave the house, Sasha kitty hears... "Ok, I'm off to (work, the store, visit XXX, wherever I'm going). I love you. Have sweet kitty cat dreams. NO PARTIES!"

I even say it when I am walking out the door with someone right there with me! Some think I'm nuts... but I don't care.

I also tell her every day, all the time how much I love her and how pretty she is.

Our nightly routine is our prayers and then I also tell RB Tabby that I love her too, and I blow her kisses to heaven. I ask her to watch over us and keep us safe and well.

I miss that girl! She heard every day how much I love her also!
    Proud Meowmie of Sasha

RIP sweet Tabitha, my heart kitty. You are loved and missed every day. 1988 - 2010

Ahh, that is so sweet to read all your stories, and it's wonderful to imagine how very much loved all these kitties are! I wonder if they know that?

kuhio98, I had to laugh at the part regarding your fear what they might tell the pet communicator! Hope they will never say such a thing!

I don't, but I find myself telling myself that frequently, normally after Patch decides to go on a rampage across the bed at o-dark thirty.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten View Post
    Ahh, that is so sweet to read all your stories, and it's wonderful to imagine how very much loved all these kitties are! I wonder if they know that?
    Don't forget that our pups are very much loved too......... And yes - my pups definitely know it. spoiled rotten babies
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by Donnaj4962 View Post
    Every time I leave the house, Sasha kitty hears... "Ok, I'm off to (work, the store, visit XXX, wherever I'm going). I love you. Have sweet kitty cat dreams. NO PARTIES!"
    Ha ha! This is too funny. I do the same thing! I give the furkids the low down on where I'm going and how long I'll be gone!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Donnaj4962 View Post
    I kind of do the same thing. Every month when I have to leave for the airport to go to work, I tell them that I'm off to work at the Cat Food Factory. I figure that must be where they think I'm going since when I return, they get lots of food, treats and toys.
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatepuppy View Post
    Ha ha! This is too funny. I do the same thing! I give the furkids the low down on where I'm going and how long I'll be gone!
    Well, I think this is absolutely the right thing! I once read a book written by Amelia Kinkade (the pet psychic), and she believes that they do understand what we're telling them, and that it is important for them to know where we're going and especially when we'll be back. I'm telling mine every time!

Groucho and I have our morning ritual. I always try to keep maybe a half hour to just sit and have some coffee before leaving for work. Groucho comes up for a snuggle session, I tell him how much I love him and hope he's as happy with us as we are with him. Getting in from work is the best part of the day. Groucho is always at the door and greets me with meows, follows me into the house. As soon as I sit down, he comes up with his hind-quarters on my leg, puts his head on my shoulder then gently strokes my face with his paw. I tell him how much I missed him and love him and he just purrs. He hears "I love you" all the time.
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

I try to tell them I love them every day. Grandma I for sure do. I tell her several times a day. Since she is blind and health is starting to fail, I want her to know it for sure. Besides she sleeps with me. It's only polite to tell her when I tell her good night.
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    MY BLESSINGS:
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Poop View Post
    I tell them all the time. Surviving the last few years would have been much more difficult without them.

Ain't that the truth! My furbabies have often been my lifeline. They give so much love and ask for so little from us. How can you not love them?
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

I aim to tell them once a day that I love them.
    In loving memory of Tigger 2003-2009. In loving memory of Ashes 2001-2013.

Always.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery