Thread: I'm going to be a foster mom! Update #9

I'm going to be a foster mom! Update #9

Last year I posted about my friends moms dog that needed a home. Here is the post.
    Well due to circumstances out of her control she must move. The place she found is wonderful. All except they will only allow one dog. So we are going to take her in. Anne will still pay for everything. She will come by during the week (since she doesn't work) and pick her up to go to the dog park with Tucker. She will take her some weekends (already worked this out with the new place) and when we are out of town.
    So basically all we have to do is give her a roof over her head, a yard to potty in and lots of love.

This will not happen for a few months. BJ will come visit us several times before she moves in. She can get familiar with us and the house. I will make sure to post more recent pictures of her, since the one in the attached post is a few years old.
    Last edited by Taz_Zoee; 09-25-2012 at 01:06 PM.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

I think BJ will enjoy being with your family. Did you keep in contact with the folks who took in Faith?

Godmother AND Foster Mom, my goodness, lol, you wear many hats!

Hee hee, sounds like it'll be fun, wonder how your current crew will react - but at least you get to test it out with visits beforehand!
    I've Been Frosted

I am from Old Hickory TN but now live in Bowlinggreen Ky
    Hope you have lots of fun with your new houseguest sure you well be a great foster mom well I am kinda doing the same thing we got our niece's dog Hadley it was going to be for a couple of weeks but has been more like two months I really dont mind though shes a good dog and Braggo has a blast with her. So once again cheers to the new addition to your household

Thanks everyone. I'm excited and a bit nervous at the same time. I know Paizly will not like her at first, but hopefully once she figures out she's not going to eat her she'll be fine. I'm not sure how Jax will react. He hissed at my brothers dogs when they visited. So we shall see.

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    I think BJ will enjoy being with your family. Did you keep in contact with the folks who took in Faith?

Godmother AND Foster Mom, my goodness, lol, you wear many hats!
    Unfortunately, I do not know who has Faith. She originally went to the local "nail lady", but then supposedly Faith "attacked" their Pit Bull so she gave her to one of her clients. She didn't want Faith to be eaten by the Pit Bull I guess. I'm not sure if my friend knows the client she went to, or if that person even still has her.

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Good luck. I hope that everything will go smoothly.

So how long will you be fostering her for? Congrats either way! That sounds fun, having a new dog but you don't have to pay for her.. I hope everything works out!

I meant to ask how is Zoee's leg doing?

Quote Originally Posted by Alysser View Post
    So how long will you be fostering her for? Congrats either way! That sounds fun, having a new dog but you don't have to pay for her.. I hope everything works out!

I meant to ask how is Zoee's leg doing?
    Well, unfortunately, Anne senses that BJ's time is limited. So basically she would remain with us until she goes to be reunited with her original mom, Janice.

Thanks for asking about Zoee. My mom keeps telling me she is improving. Although when we go visit we do not feel the same. But we are not seeing her on a daily basis, so my mom probaby knows better. She recently mentioned that maybe she will just have a permanent limp. She doesn't appear to be in pain. She still runs and acts completely normal. So only time will tell. I'm just so lucky to have my mom to help me out.

Unfortunately (and fortunately) BJ is now reunited with her original mom. We are all heartbroken. I will post the last picture I took of her just last Tuesday and make a memorial thread for her later. I will also give details, since I do not have them directly from Anne just yet. I meet with her Thursday night.

RIP BJ I am sure you are happily "talking" to Janice again.

I'm sorry to hear this. RIP BJ.

Rest in peace, dear one, reunited once again with the one you so loved.
    I've Been Frosted

RIP BJ. Sorry for your loss.