Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cole is unwell

Cole is unwell

I hope it's temporary.

I heard him throwing up early this morning. It was a hairball. I put hairball stuff in his food every 3 - 4 days, as per the directions, but occasionally this happens.

He was uninterested in his food this morning, went into my bedroom where he usually likes to be brushed. I used my furminator comb and he enjoyed it - but no purring, just the usual elevator butt.

He went to lie down behind a chair in the living room. He has been very quiet and still, lying on his side - I think he is still having pain from some hair that won't pass through him. I just moved the chair and put some hairball gel right on his paws. Hopefully that will help.

Asking for prayers that my fluffy boy feels like himself soon. The vet is open tomorrow but I hope he doesn't have to go in.

Name:  My Three June 23 2012 021.JPG
Views: 1874
Size:  933.4 KB
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Aww poor Cole. Hopefully whatever is bothering him will pass soon. It's always so difficult when our babies are sick and can't tell us what's wrong.
    I'll keep him in my thoughts that he feels better real quick.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Well, he is up and about...I didn't see him lying where he had been, and found him in the hallway as if he had just left the litter box. I called his name and he meowed at me - it's always a rising tone "me-OW?" Very sweet and little voice for such big boy. He came to his feeding spot as I carried the bowl there - sniffed but didn't eat. It had just come out of the fridge a few minutes before and I did put it in a new bowl.

I just heard a short Zoe-Cole skirmish, so I think things are getting better!

Thanks for the good thoughts and prayers!

(I wouldn't have posted except Cole never refuses food and has never behaved as he did after throwing up.)

I hope Cole starts eating very soon so you can feel better. It sucks when they're sick.
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

I hope he'll start feeling better soon and will start eating again. Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent his way.

Prayers are coming from us for dear Cole. Here's hoping this passes shortly and he is all well again.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Quote Originally Posted by phesina View Post
    Prayers are coming from us for dear Cole.
    From here, too!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Oh dear.

I came home about 5 pm today and there were dense barfed hairballs in two places. The first one especially was quite long. I thought he had pooped outside the box.

Anyway I cleaned that up. All three kitties got their dinner - Cole even went and stole crunchies from Oscar's dish.

A few minutes later he threw up all the food...It wasn't digested. I cleaned it up and offered him some evaporated milk mixed with warm water. He seemed interested, but left it alone.

He just went to the litter box. He seems ok enough. If this happens again at breakfast I am booking an emergency appt with my vet.

Poor Cole - what's wrong with my baby?

Ah Cole, you are worrying your Mom!

Candace, It could all still be related to those hairballs. If he was the one to throw up those 2 big ones, then he was hungry -- and scrarfed down his dinner without chewing, overate and all that came up too. Now his tum needs to rest a bit and with luck he will be fine. You may want to put just a LITTLE in his dish, let him scarf it, wait 10 minutes, a little more. An empty tummy doesn't appreciate a full bowl of unchewed kibble, lol. Praying this is all it is.

Thanks, Sandy, I hope so. I actually gave Cole wet food only. He seemed bored with it so I added a very few crunchies and he ate some of it. But Oscar had left a whole bunch of crunchies in his dish, so Cole went to town!

I'll give him a small handful later.

Thanks for all the good thoughts!

I'm sending prayers up for Cole. Please keep us updated on him!
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

Perhaps a combination of the heat and the hairballs is making Cole feel yucky. I know Cali and Diego have both been shedding extra this summer with the heat and Cali has been ever so thoughtful about leaving me nice little hair balls here and there. Hopefully a trip to the vet this am can clear things up and make you both feel much better. HUGS!
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

Well, Cole seems better this morning.

He did eat a little later last night, and kept it down, having a good nap.

He ate most of his breakfast this morning, then attacked Oscar's leftovers. I promptly put those out of the way. He's back to gurgling and chirping at me, and no sign of distress.

I think the worst is over - thanks so much everyone! The prayers worked!

Sounds good!

Keep on keeping on, dear Cole!

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

YES! I was hoping for good news this morning.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)