Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Meet Brodie!!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by shais_mom View Post
    Some of you have seen this on Facebook. After 2 months without Keegan (and Kylie), I had been looking on petfinder.org, and I finally found one that piqued my interest. I took a friend with me to the shelter and she said as soon as she saw us together she knew he was my dog.
    He appears to be a yellow lab/golden retriever mix. But he is on the small side. Under 50# at this time. A golden retriever rescue came to look at him but they didn't think he looks golden enough.

I had seen his pic on their facebook page one week, and thought - "Oh I LIKE him!" but since he was picked up as a stray I had hoped he would be picked up by his owner and kind of forgot about him. He was brought to my attention again and I decided I needed to see him. My friend and I went before I had to work one morning - I met him and decided to take him. He needed to be neutered yet so he stayed there over the weekend and was neutered on a Tuesday. I went to pick him up on Wednesday and he had ripped all his stitches out. So I had to take him to their vet and he was sedated again and sewn back up. I went back Thursday to get him brought him home in a cone and he still didn't act quite right. He had trouble sitting and laying down. Was very mellow. I thought his incision was infected but I thought maybe I didn't know what I was looking at. His scrotal area was bruised and swollen. So I was putting some peroxide on it - and he started squealing - and his scrotum had opened up. What I thought was an area of infection actually was part of his spermatic (??) cords hanging about 2 inches out of him. So I called my normal vet on a Sunday afternoon and took him in. And when the vet saw it he said under his breath "holy $hi+". I thought "dang that can't be good" they ended up having to remove the scrotum due to it being necrotic and black with infection. He felt so much better the next day when he came home! He got his stitches out Tuesday and now he is running and playing. He is amazing. He has only had 2 accidents in the house. Does great off leash. Rides well in the car and gets along with Kloe superbly!
    CONGRATULAIONS Shais-mom & Brodie What a handsome lad he is.
    The frost is on the pumpkin & I've been BOO'D by two pet talk ghosts.
    Thank you Fritz & Cassiesmom

Brodie has such a sweet face. Looks like he is Kloe approved too. Welcome to Pet Talk sweet boy.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

He's too cute, Staci. I like him a lot.
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

What a cutie! So sorry his neutering went south... Glad he is feeling better.
    Owned by my 8 precious furry kids... My 3 daughters Cindy & Abby & Aly and 5 sons Skinny, Stephen, Carson, Fuzzmuzz and Franklin.
    Owned by two special canine sons Coco and Snoopy and two canine daughters, Sadie and Gretchen

Always in our hearts RBButterscotch & RBThumper, RB Ms. Eleanor

Congratulations!! Brodie and Staci and Kloe. After such a rough few months it is wonderful to see the love. Brodie is a gorgeous boy and obviously very happy to have a new mommy and a cute little kitty sister to play with. Welcome home sweetheart.
    Yours in Whiskers

I'm not young enough to know everything.

"The Best Mirror is an Old Friend"

“The secret of what is small is the secret of clear-sightedness; the guarding of what is soft and tender is the secret of strength.”

• Lao Tzu

Welcome Brodie!! Wow, you guys have already been through a LOT. I wish you both years of happiness He's so handsome and what gorgeous eyes.