Thread: My Ming is at the whitecoats, very ill.

Hybrid View

My Ming is at the whitecoats, very ill.

My precious Ming had another urinary blockage this weekend (why do they always this on weekends?) I didn't have the money for the emergency vet, they wanted $300 just to look at him. Ming made it through the weekend and I took him to the vet this morning. My fears were realized, Ming was blocked again (it's been almost 4 years since his last blockage, so we've been lucky for awhile). His blockage was removed and he is now catheterized and resting at the vet's, where he will stay at least one night.

Ming will be fine, at least that is what the vet has told me, but this couldn't have come at a worse time. My car payment is late, everything is a struggle now, and I just didn't need the worry about Ming and how I will pay for this (over $600). I just have to trust in the Lord that a way will be provided.

Anyway, could you guys keep Ming in your thoughts and prayers? He's just the sweetest kitty ever and doesn't deserve this problem. I just want him home again, healthy and happy.

I LOVE YOU MING!
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

I'm so sorry to hear this. I've been through this a few times with two different cats. My RB Storm blocked 2 times within a short period of time so the special diet he was on wasn't helping. He had to end up having the PU surgery and although it cost me a lot of money it was well worth it to have him to be able to be with me for many more years without having the fear of him blocking again. I hope that Ming will feel better soon and recover quickly. Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent his way. Please take care. (((HUGS)))

Ming will be in our prayers, as will you.
    I've Been Frosted

He should be home tomorrow. Thank you guys for your kind thoughts. The week before this happened, I changed their dry food. The new food was supposedly gluten free, but I'm not so sure of that. Oh well, he will get nothing but Wilderness from now on.

Oh, I am sorry. Prayers for Ming and you both.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Prayers for you and Ming!

Ming, I hope you feel better soon.

I see the main vet and not his partner. She has no personality skills.
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

I talked to Ming's vet today and he is still cathed. She thinks he can come home tomorrow evening barring another blockage after they take the cath out. I've got my fingers crossed he doesn't reblock. If he does, I don't know what I'll do!