Thread: CHICAGO/WISCONSIN area: SAFE! (See msg 4) 2 CH Kitties who need a cat rescue or an adopter please.

Threaded View

CHICAGO/WISCONSIN area: SAFE! (See msg 4) 2 CH Kitties who need a cat rescue or an adopter please.

UPDATE:
    WE HAVE LEARNED THESE 2 CEREBELLAR HYPOPLASIA KITTIES ARE THE ONLY 2 CATS AT THE SHELTER. THE REST OF THE ANIMALS ARE DOGS WITH THIS GROUP! ANYBODY IN ILLINOIS WHO CAN ADOPT OR TAKE INTO YOUR RESCUE.. THE BARKING DOGS MUST SCARE THE CRAP OUT OF THEM..

PLEASE CONTACT SARAH!!! [email protected]

Sad situation and story for 2 CH Kitties who need a cat rescue or an adopter please.

Name:  kittiesIL.jpg
Views: 146
Size:  125.8 KB

My name is Sarah, and I volunteer with a rescue near Chicago/Wisconsin. I was at another rescue facility today where I met the owners of 2 beautiful cats. The owners were sobbing and I asked them if the kitties were sick. They told me that the cats were injured in utero with vaccines and that they had tried everything they could but could not get them to use their litter boxes. The medical staff at the rescue told the owners that it was likely the cats would be euthanized if they were surrendered there. To make a long story short we ended up with the kitties. I am hoping we can work on the litter box issues as they are quite mobile and can definitely get into the box without a problem. The thing is, the rescue I work with primarily rescues and places dogs, and I am not sure how to go about getting these two homes. They are absolutely beautiful, friendly, 18 months old, fixed, vaccinated, playful, I just do not want them to wait around forever at our rescue for a home to love them. Can you offer any advice? Thanks so much.
    Sarah

In the meantime here is what Sarah knows about the kitties:

They are brother and sister, 18 months old, both are beautiful, and otherwise healthy. The surrendering owners had originally adopted them on the wife's birthday so their names are, Anna and Versaire, (combined it means birthday in French they said). They are both very well socialized, know their names, come when you call them and will follow you if you snap for them. They are able to get around quite well as they do have some use of their back legs. I saw Anna in the litterbox last night before I left so I know she can manage getting in and out fine and I am pretty sure the same is true for Versaire. They both have their favorite toys, Anna's mouse and Versaire's bear, and according to the former owners they will carry them around the house for hours, especially Versaire. I wish I had gotten more info from the former owners, but everything was so emotional and I wasn't thinking about all the details..... I will try and get in touch with them through the original shelter they were going to be surrendered to (euthanized at). They are both up to date on vaccines and spayed/neutered. Hopefully I can get copies of those records when I reach out to that shelter.
    The main reason the cats were being surrendered is because they (I am assuming both just going on what the owners said) will go to the bathroom outside the box. They said that usually the cats will go near the box, but not always in their box. I am not a cat expert, but I am a cat lover so I have had the need to work on correcting box issues and know there are various ways to correct on it. I am hoping maybe we can get a better handle on that with these two, but I have no experience with Ch kitties so maybe it is not an issue that can be fixed with traditional measures?

The former owners said they tried everything and could not make it work. I do not usually have too much empathy for surrendering owners when it seems the choice to surrender is hasty and for selfish convenience, but this couple was heartbroken. They were both crying and were in the shelter lobby for so long agonizing over what to do, pleading with the head veterinarian and shelter manager, that finally I decided to ask what was wrong. We had originally come to pick up a dog for transfer to help that shelter free up space for pups and when this happened we felt like we were there at that time for a reason.
    These kitties were rescued by a dog group who graciously stepped up to help these 2 kitties and their owners who were upset and crying over their cats. It is a shame the previous owners never found the CH Kitty community to assist them on CH Kitties and potty issues which is very easy to fix with a pee pad in a pee pad try that is clamped down or in a cat bed. Actually pee pads are so much easier for clean up anyway then the liter shot all over the floor. Is there anybody who can take these kitties into their rescue or someone to adopt them please?

Contact Sarah at [email protected]
    Last edited by phesina; 08-14-2012 at 08:43 AM.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery