Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Luke is at peace

All of us miss Luke. It was less than a week from diagnosis until his death. My mind and heart havent adjusted yet. After having him in the house for 11 years, it takes more than a few days to realize he is not here. I keep going to check the litter box which is no longer in the house... look for him in his favorite places... think about feeding him... nearly call out for him to come eat. I had a good supply of health items for him and PetMeds will take them back and credit my credit card which is good. Never before have I had to return items because a pet died but I was very pleased with their helpful response. I've looked at several of his videos for signs that he was sick and didnt see anything unusual. My big ole boy didnt give up until he just couldnt go any longer. He was such a pretty cat and I know it's going to take awhile before I can talk about him without crying.

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Yes - it takes a while for the tears to finally stop, Kay. I lost Sherbie cat on June 20th - not quite 2 months ago, and I still get teary when I go back and read his memorial thread. With other pets I have lost over the years, I sometimes still get sad moments over them too, but the tears are finally gone. I like to say that they are never really gone from us - they are just waiting in a different place.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

I'm so very sorry that you have lost handsome Luke. It is so hard to adjust to them not being there.
    Peace to you and Sissy.

I'm so sorry to hear that your handsome fluffy boy Luke has gone to the Rainbow Bridge.
    Sending hugs your way.
    RIP sweet Samantha
    6/26/88-8/28/08
    ----------------------------

Milly & Izzy

So very, very sorry ...

for the loss of your lovely, loving and well-loved Luke.

Take care.