Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Luke is at peace

Luke is at peace

Mon, Aug 13 2012

Luke is resting and/or playing at Rainbow Bridge as of 10:15am today. He went easy-quick-peacefully and we were with him. I couldnt believe how quickly he died or how easy; he was ready to go. It was just last Wed that I found out how sick he was. I'm thinking I probably should have taken him to be PTS last Friday but I wasnt ready. I hope he didnt suffer needlessly for two days; vet said she thought he had not been in pain--just very tired. We will miss our big ole handsome boy; we buried him in the yard next to two other beloved pets. Thanks everyone for your support.

Here's a video of Luke & Sissy on July 28 2012 before I knew how sick he was.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nA1ot2seeOc
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	888-002.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	762.8 KB 
ID:	54451   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG 876-`-001.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	614.8 KB 
ID:	54452   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1505-002.JPG 
Views:	104 
Size:	433.5 KB 
ID:	54453   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LukeColl0010.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	742.3 KB 
ID:	54454   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xc0055-001.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	998.7 KB 
ID:	54455  

Rest in peace, handsome boy, knowing you were greatly loved.
    I've Been Frosted

Oh no, I am so sorry. I just saw the thread saying he was sick. I'm sorry it all happened so fast.

RIP Luke
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

I came across these words about pets, people, love, and death. I find them comforting. They are:
    Rainbow Bridge... Summerlands.... The Animals' Eden.... New Star Shining in the Sky

RAINBOW BRIDGE

Just this side of Heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge. When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hill for all our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill or old are restored to health and vigour; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them who had to be left behind. They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; his eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when your and your special friend finally meet, you cling to each other in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together........

SUMMERLANDS

Just the other side of death's curtain are the Summerlands. All the pets who have died go through this curtain and though they can still watch us, we can't see them. Sometimes the curtain is thin in places and we catch a glimpse of our lost companion waiting on the other side. Sometimes the curtain twitches as they look through at us and we can feel them or feel a sudden draft as the curtain falls back into place.

The Summerlands exist in the long, lazy late afternoons of an eternal golden summer of remembered childhood; the time when everything seems most alive and sweetest smelling. Our animals are young again and turned to perfect health. There is always space and time to play and love, places to be with others and places to be alone together.

When our time comes, the curtain is lifted from our eyes and we can see the Summerlands ourselves. Waiting there for us are the animals and people we loved in life and we can see them clearly at last. The has come for us to move away from the curtain and renew these interrupted friendships. Sometimes we can't help but take a peek through the curtain just to see how our own loved ones are doing before they come to join us.

THE ANIMALS' EDEN (Anon
    )

The Animal's Eden is a huge, beautiful walled garden where all pets go until such time as their human companions can join them. Only pet animals go to this walled garden and there are other special places for all the other animals, and especially beautiful places for animals who have suffered while on Earth and whose souls need peace and healing before they can move on. The garden is full of lawns and hedges, flower borders and shrubberies, wildflower meadows and patios of red brick. All of this is surrounded by a wall, just like a Middle Ages English garden, but much, much larger. The wall is not to keep the animals in and the garden is so huge that none of them feel as though they are in any way enclosed. And in any case there is a special gate, but I will come to that later.

In the Animal's Eden all the pets that have passed over and are waiting for their special human are free to do what they want, and because it is a heavenly place, none of them want to do anything that harms their animal friends. The horses and ponies graze and gallop in the meadows. The dogs romp on the lawns and sniff in the shrubberies. The cats lounge on the patios, basking in the sunshine, or take their ease in the dappled shade of trees. Birds are no longer caged, but fly free in the trees, eating the plentiful fruit and seeds. None of them actually feel hungry, but are provided with heavenly food if they wish so that they can eat without harming the others waiting alongside them. The garden is full of every kind of animal that has ever been a pet and which has someone special it wishes to wait for.

There is a special arch in the garden wall, the sort of brick arch which might have held a wrought iron gate in earthly gardens. Sometimes one or more of the animals gets a funny feeling, a bit like butterflies in the tummy. Those animals stop their playing or basking and make their way to the arched gate. Something special is about to happen. When they reach the gate they can see that their special human is walking towards the gate. Then, because the Animals' Eden is a place for animals only, those animals can walk through the arch to join their human friend(s) and walk together in the sunshine on the next stage of their souls' journey. For although the garden is a beautiful and happy place, there is nothing more joyful than a reunion between dear friends who have been apart too long.

THERE IS A NEW STAR SHINING IN THE SKY TONIGHT ...
    Author unknown

There is an old belief that the stars shining in the night sky are the spirits of those who have died. They have shed their earthly bodies and exchanged them for bodies made of light; thousands upon thousands of our dear departed friends all promoted to glory in the night sky. There is another saying that the brightest flame burns the shortest.

My friend, you were the brightest star in my own universe. While I burn on, my flame dimmed by grief and despair at your passing, the stars are watching me. They are too far away for me to touch, just as you have gone somewhere I cannot follow until my own star-time comes. They cannot be held close for comfort, just as I can no longer hold you close, though I held you close to comfort you in your final hours. We were together for such a short time, but the stars will burn forever.

One day I will grow tired of this earthbound body, my own star-time will come and my spirit will soar into the sky to burn with all those friends who have gone before me. On the inky cloth of space we will be reunited in constellations of joy. Until then, my flame burns low and dim and cold without you. Through my tears I look upwards to see if you are watching me and what do I see?

There is a new star shining in the sky tonight.

I am sorry to hear this. Luke is now happy and waiting for you at Rainbow Bridge.
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

So sad to hear about Luke's passing. He was such a handsome boy. Love the photo collage you made. :'(

Kay, I know how hard this has been. {{{HUGS}}}

Luke, you are one special boy! A handsome kitty who knew the love of humans and canines -- that alone is telling! Everyone misses you and is glad you are now healthy and happy, free to be you. RIP sweet boy!

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Yes Kay - Luke is at peace. I know that you will also in time find peace and your broken heart will heal as best it can, even tho he has left his paw print there forever. He will be waiting for you, and all will be well in due time. I know you will miss him terribly, and I'm certain that little Sissy will miss her playmate too. Give her lots of extra attention and lovins, while she adjusts.

RIP handsome Luke - you were an adorable baby and such a handsome big grown up guy. Have fun at Rainbow Bridge. Check in with your Mom from time to time and let her know that you are doing fine now.

Sending lots of {{{Hugs}}} your way, Kay.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    Gentle hugs to you. I know that Luke is fine, happy and healthy again, so my tears are for you.

I hope our beautiful, blue-eyed boys have met and are playing like crazy. Willy always wanted a brother.
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

Luke is a very handsome boy. The time we have with them is incredibly short, no matter what it is. All too soon it's time for them to go, but we are never ready, how could we be?

He has taken a piece of your heart with him, soon, when you can think happy thoughts and memories, they will fill that piece and then some..when you're ready.

I'm so sorry for your loss.

My heart goes out to you, and Luke, godspeed little one.

Oh Kay, I am so very sorry. My deepest sympathy to you and all who love Luke so very much. Thank you for posting the photos and the video. What a beautiful, loving boy!

Rest in peace, dearest Luke... whole and healthy again at the Bridge, where you will greet your beloved Kay and welcome her Home.. One Fine Day.

God be with you all and bring you peace and comfort.

Pat and cats
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

I'm so sorry for your loss of beloved Luke.

RIP, dear one, play well at the Bridge. Peace to your Mom.
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

Blog Entries
    So sorry to hear about your Luke Kay, I know how much you loved him. Peace and love to you and yours, Luke was so well loved.

I am so sorry that Luke had to leave for the Rainbow Bridge so soon.
    He was such a beautiful kitty. I know that he knew how much he was, and is, loved.

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018

Although I know Luke is at peace Kay you must be devastated to lose him so quickly. I am so sorry ... he was such a beautiful boy.

RIP Luke - please let your mom know everything is now good. Hugs to you Kay.
    Yours in Whiskers

I'm not young enough to know everything.

"The Best Mirror is an Old Friend"

“The secret of what is small is the secret of clear-sightedness; the guarding of what is soft and tender is the secret of strength.”

• Lao Tzu