Thread: Things they don't tell you about having cats...

Things they don't tell you about having cats...

Yesterday - my neighbour is re -painting the outside of his house - my dizzy cat (VERY bushy tail) landed in a bucket of masonary paint - backside 1st - cue Emergency cat bath AFTER he'd 're painted'half my kitchen floor & his favorite recliner in magnolia! 4tunatly it wasn't gloss paint!

Yikes! Hopefully it was easily to get out of his coat! When my parents were first dating, she had a kitten whose name was either Crankcase, or Friendkitty, depending on who you asked, because as a kitten, he fell into a pan of crankcase oil, and not even his cat mother would go anywhere near him! After a couple scrubbings down by the humans in t5he family, he appeared to be okay, but it was never determined whether the apparent dim-wittedness was a result of the incident or caused by it! He had a habit of assuming everyone loved him (hence Friend-kitty), even their big old Mastiff mix who did NOT like cats, and preferred chasing them. This one would wend around his legs, purring, much to his dismay!

Glad your kitty is okay, hope it came off the floor as readily, too!
    I've Been Frosted

I hope all paint came off and no harm was done to the kitty! Wow!

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

My Princess did that when I was painting my cellar stairs , leaving a set of little brown paw prints.
    Yes Our Ctas are always unning about and like children do not realize their actions can have consequences!!!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Eeeek! Oh my do you have any hair left? I mean, were you tearing your hair out ha haaaa. Once they get into something like that, it goes EVERYWHERE doesn't it?! And of course, now you WANT to hold the kitty, cat decides NO WAY and takes off.

That has happened to me more times than I can count and EVERY time I try and paint a room. Even if I am very careful about access I always find little kitty foot prints the next day They have come in white, blue, beige, and even light mauve

Oh my! You should have gotten pics quickly. I wouldn't know whether to laugh or cry.

When our current house was being rebuilt and the insulation and walls came up, Ashes was nicknamed the inspecter because he would keep a close eye and make sure everything was going ok. Tigger and Alison didn't do it (although Tigger did take a nap on top of some of their buckets). Peaches was locked up to 1 room due to her and Tigger so she never got to see what was going on (plus she would have hid anyways).

There are more stories I can tell but I will tell one more story this time it happened this morning. If anyone have any tips to help Ashes get better with not letting Alison and Peaches bully him that would help.

This morning I heard a meow to look and discover Peaches next to the cat door sitting where no cat could come and go. She doesn't have much of a meow and the fact that I knew who did the meow I looked on the other side and there was Ashes who was just sitting there wondering why he couldn't come in. (we do let the cats out on the porch but never outside. The porch is enclosed) Poor cat he eventually gave up and went to nap in the porch. Peaches did eventually move and she is so lucky that Ashes is one tolerant cat. If it was Tigger, she wouldn't have stayed there.

Poor Ashes gets the worst of it from both Alison and Peaches.
    In loving memory of Tigger 2003-2009. In loving memory of Ashes 2001-2013.