Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My Ming is at the whitecoats, very ill.

My Ming is at the whitecoats, very ill.

My precious Ming had another urinary blockage this weekend (why do they always this on weekends?) I didn't have the money for the emergency vet, they wanted $300 just to look at him. Ming made it through the weekend and I took him to the vet this morning. My fears were realized, Ming was blocked again (it's been almost 4 years since his last blockage, so we've been lucky for awhile). His blockage was removed and he is now catheterized and resting at the vet's, where he will stay at least one night.

Ming will be fine, at least that is what the vet has told me, but this couldn't have come at a worse time. My car payment is late, everything is a struggle now, and I just didn't need the worry about Ming and how I will pay for this (over $600). I just have to trust in the Lord that a way will be provided.

Anyway, could you guys keep Ming in your thoughts and prayers? He's just the sweetest kitty ever and doesn't deserve this problem. I just want him home again, healthy and happy.

I LOVE YOU MING!
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

I'm so sorry to hear this. I've been through this a few times with two different cats. My RB Storm blocked 2 times within a short period of time so the special diet he was on wasn't helping. He had to end up having the PU surgery and although it cost me a lot of money it was well worth it to have him to be able to be with me for many more years without having the fear of him blocking again. I hope that Ming will feel better soon and recover quickly. Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent his way. Please take care. (((HUGS)))

Ming will be in our prayers, as will you.
    I've Been Frosted

He should be home tomorrow. Thank you guys for your kind thoughts. The week before this happened, I changed their dry food. The new food was supposedly gluten free, but I'm not so sure of that. Oh well, he will get nothing but Wilderness from now on.

Oh, I am sorry. Prayers for Ming and you both.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Prayers for you and Ming!

Thoughts and prayers for Ming coming from CT.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Many prayers for Ming. Will your vet do a payment plan for you? I hope Ming is home and all better soon.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Big, big prayers for sweet Ming
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

I'm thinking of both you and Ming. I hope that you're both doing well. I don't know if you have a credit card to help pay for his vet bill or maybe,as Candace already mentioned, your vet will allow you to make payments. You may also be able to apply for care credit. Here's a link about it: http://www.carecredit.com/vetmed/. Lots more prayers and positive thoughts are being sent to both you and Ming. Please take care. (((HUGS)))

My vet decided to let me do payments. It's still going to hurt my pocketbook, $100 per month, but my car will be paid off in a couple of months and then that payment will be effortless! I'm just glad Ming is ok! I pick him up tomorrow morning. I can't wait to see his pretty face again.Name:  DSCF0062.jpg
Views: 1108
Size:  78.5 KB

Good news, both about the bill, and Ming!
    I've Been Frosted

Great news! I hope Ming stays healthy and happy for a long long time!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

You are a good cat mom, you caught this and got him in to the vet. AND he will recover and be home soon!

Prayers for Ming and for you as well.

Bad news. Ming reblocked after the catheter was removed at the vets. They are now recatheterizing him and giving that about 50% chance of success. They are recommending surgery, but there is no way I have the money for that! If this recathing doesn't work, we may have to send Ming to the Bridge. Please keep a good thought for my dear kitty,Ming.