Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kabootle Ranch!! UPDATE

Kabootle Ranch!! UPDATE

Guess where I have the chance to go NEXT week end? The lady that has helped me so much with the cats here in the neighborhood and Caramella and another one that work with her are taking 18 cats to Kabootle Ranch next week end!

When she told me there were taking cats to Kabootle Ranch I had a FIT!! I think it suprised her that I even knew about that place but anyone who loves cats knows about it, right?! I was just having FITS and she asked me if I wanted to go with them... Said they will drive down one day and come back the next with as few stops as possiable going and coming, staying overnight in a motel.. I laughed and told her I never even dreamed I would know someone personally that went much less have the chance to go myself and that would be a dream come true to actually experince it myself.... but I would have to think about it.. YIKES!! Can you believe THAT? I have the chance to go!!!!!

She said she was going to take her camera and take tons of pictures so if I didn't go, I could see the pictures instead... WOW!!
    Last edited by Laura's Babies; 10-31-2010 at 05:40 PM.

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

You should go!! It looks like a really amazing place. I follow The Caboodle Ranch on facebook. If you choose to go, please take lots of pictures I saw on their facebook page kitties that loooked just like my 2 kits.
    Nothing says love like a kitty purring in you ear

1-1-06 buddy in basket bright

Wow! That would be a great experience if you decide to go.

That would be a terrific experience! I hope things work out so you can go.

You MUST go and report back!
    Claudia

I wish I could go there with a big bag full of Awesome Animal Association Mice!!
    I would toss them around and watch all the Cats having the time of their life
    We are praying that you take and post lots of photos Aunt Laura
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Kabootle Ranch trip has been cancelled.. They have found out that the Kabootle Ranch is no longer what it appears to be online and they were told "Before you take ANY cats down there, you BEST go visit FIRST and see for yourself the deplorable conditions there!"... Having it shutdown is in the works..

Oh No! Such a great idea. I did wonder how he kept the place so clean with all those cats. I was hoping for a miracle.
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

Oh no...I suspect he got inundated with cats after getting more famous and didn't say "no"...as is the case with so many other sanctuaries...

I hope the cats there are all right and get safely to good homes.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

I'm so sorry to hear this.

My comments

I have spent hours pouring over the internet information for Cabootles Ranch. The below link on facebook is about one volunteer with her beefs about the Ranch. She, single handedly, has created a big window of concern. I think, with all things considered, she is in it for attention only. That's my opinion, being based on what is being shown on Cabootles' website.

All the cats in here were scheduled to be part of the food chain or less. They seem to be healthy and very happy.

Here is the link to the beefs (note that there are two parts and the girl takes a LONG time to get to the point:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbcmK...eature=related

I encourage anyone interested, to look at many of the videos and photos. Of course the place is not perfect, but hey, the cats shown, and there are many, seem HAPPY!

As was suggested to my group, anyone thinking about taking cats there should go vist first and see for themselves if it still is as it is presented and make their decision from there. That is what they were told to go check it out before we took all those cats down there and then decide if they still wanted to take them.

Laura now Online its Spelled Cabootle Ranch = Is this the same one that your spelling Kabootle?? Now their web page is pretty nice.. MMmm I am sad that it is so bad there & no go for the trip.. Well lets me go read somemore on that web site.. Ok I just read somemore on their web page as Cabootle Ranch & they updated as of today saying they are going strong.. They also have note to be on Animal Planet with a showing in January 2011 = called = Must Love Cats..

Quote Originally Posted by Laura's Babies View Post
    Kabootle Ranch trip has been cancelled.. They have found out that the Kabootle Ranch is no longer what it appears to be online and they were told "Before you take ANY cats down there, you BEST go visit FIRST and see for yourself the deplorable conditions there!"... Having it shutdown is in the works..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

I did some extensive research last night on the web and found out that these allegations were brought on by a disgruntled former volunteer. The Kaboodle Ranch has been checked out thoroughly following these accusations and was given a great rating. It was found the 80% of the cats there were in fantastic shape! 10% were new cats who were in pretty bad shape but were being caged in a compound until they could be brought up to snuff and then released into the general population. The last 10% were cats that were ill and in their form of infirmary. These were cats that had developed illnesses any cat might get because of age or a progressive condition. Overall, the ranch got high marks by the inspectors. I can't believe someone would spread lies about such a wonderful man and his ranch for kitties.
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

I think, with all things considered, she is in it for attention only.
    I agree with you. I watched the video and also a few others from Caboodle Ranch.

I've seen the place before and I'm sure Craig is doing all he can to help these kitties live a happy and healthy life. To me, they don't seem to suffer.

OK, that many cats in one place might not be perfect, but they all have houses, food and vet care, so considering the alternative, he's done quite well helping all these abandoned kitties.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.