Thread: Family Reunited With Rare Cat

Family Reunited With Rare Cat

In spite of what the first sentence says, it was the cat that was returned, not the family.

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-b...opstories.html

A Chicago family that lost their rare cat while vacationing in San Diego, Calif., has been found and returned to the family. The Foscos said a family from the La Jolla section of San Diego found their cat, Ivy, on July 29, about three miles from where it was first reported missing, according to ABC News affiliate KGTV. The Foscos says the cat's microchip led him to being properly identified.
    Ivy went missing July 17 when the Foscos were visiting the San Diego area. In a hurry to find their cat, they offered a $5,000 reward and hired a bloodhound team from Los Angeles to sniff out the cat. Regarding the reward, the Foscos said they reached an undisclosed settlement with the family that found Ivy.
    Ivy is a rare Savannah cat, which is no regular housecat. A Savannah is derived from breeding an African serval wild cat with a domestic cat. A first-generation cat can cost more than $20,000. Ivy is a second-generation, but still worth a lot of money.
    "It's really got nothing to do with the money in my eyes," Paul Fosco told KGTV after Ivy went missing. His son Mike owns the cat.
    The family stayed in the San Diego area for a few days after the cat initially went missing. They eventually went home to Chicago before returning last weekend to pick up Ivy.
    "For people who own pets and are truly in love with them, it's not just a pet," Fosco said. "It's a member of the family. It's more than just a cat or a dog."
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

I would have returned it for a $5,000 reward, also... granted, the cat was probably worth more than that, but even if someone tried selling it to someone else for profit, the second that family took it to a vet (assuming they did) and they scanned and found the microchip, they would have had to contact the owner's who's info showed up on the microchip, anyway. But bottom line, good thing someone found it and returned it.

Vacationing with your cat... that's crazy to me, though.

Oh and for the record I would have returned him too, reward or not (per my first sentence, just implying that *anyone* would return a found pet for that amount of money!!).

facebook

I would have returned him, too, money or not, although these days the money would be nice.

I am a literal reader and the first sentence jumped out at me.
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

Beautiful cat! Glad it's safe and at home. I don't think I could accept money for returning a family pet, even if I needed the money. In regards to this cat that's worth a lot of money, I might take a small 'tip'.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

I am glad he was returned I would have asked the owner to donate the reward to a rescue; Ordinary moggies need help too
    Lilith Cherry
    "
    "Love never claims, it ever gives. Love ever suffers, never resents, never revenges itself." -Mahatma Gandhi

Earlier this year we were looking at a house in Chicago we thought of buying. They had a savannah cat. I wonder.....

I am glad he was returned to his family. What a unique, beautiful looking cat.

RIP Sally

Quote Originally Posted by Lilith Cherry View Post
    I am glad he was returned I would have asked the owner to donate the reward to a rescue; Ordinary moggies need help too
    "like"
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

great story with a happy ending, yes well if a reward was offered i am sure i would donate a big chunk of it to the shelters, in fact i can say that 100 per cent.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

We would have returned Ivy for nothing and let that reward go to Our Animal Welfare Associaton to help the Stray Cats in our city.
    We are so glad for that Human and Kitty Reunion!!!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS