Thread: a question about cats...

a question about cats...

i think i already know the answer, but i am not 100 per cent sure , so asking the experts here, i have a cat that is coming around yelling, very loudly, day and night, i am assuming it is a male cat ,not fixed,calling for females, as the right time of year, i have seen the cat and it is healthy and i imagine owned.

i also have noticed the verandahs and carport reek of cat urine, so he is probably spraying and then my cats spraying on top of that,not nice, i will have to go around and clean them all.

so am i correct in my assumptions, your input much appreciated, thanks.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

You're right, Carole. There MUST be a female in heat somewhere. Since cats are territorial, that's why you smell the odor around your yard. A whole male hanging around can wreak havoc on indoor cats. All you can do is just clean it up as best as you can.

Any way you can find out who owns him and talk to them about getting him neutered. That'll stop the behavior all around.

Sorry you have to go through this, Carole. It's a menace, especially since it's affecting your cats. Hang in there!!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

thanks Donna, yes i thought this was the case, he just won't give up, actually he is driving me insane i think more than the cats lol, i have seen him, but i have no idea who he belongs to, sorry to say Donna, but there are just thousands of outdoor cats in my neighbourhood, an impossible task.

Yes he is upsetting nikkita, lexie could not give a toss, she just sleeps all day long, never bats an eye lid,but nikkita is not happy, i think she is somewhat stressed about it all which in turn stresses me out.

i shoo him off when i can, but that really does not do much good, yes the outside it rather potent, i guess if i wash it down he will just come back and spray again, grrr..why can people not fix their pets, saves a lot of problems for everyone,not to mention no more unwanted babies being born.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

why can people not fix their pets, saves a lot of problems for everyone,not to mention no more unwanted babies being born.
    That would be WAAAAAY too easy, Carole! Unfortunately, people just don't get it. I totally understand your frustration, especially like you said, there are too many cats out there to figure out who he belongs to.

I hope you can find some happy medium.

xoxoxox

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

Yes well i guess he will settle down after he finds his female, worse luck, as that will be another cat pregnant that does not need to be, but what can one do, i have done my best in this neighbour hood with taking ellie and nikki and stopping what would have become a huge problem,you can only do so much and i am done,stress is not something i need right now, so yes will just have to do my best to shoo him away, clean the spots he has been too and keep nikki as calm as i can, oh the joy, lol.
    Furangels only lent.

They have calming collars that might help Nikki with the situation. If you can't find them at a pet store where you are, let me know. I can always get one and send it to you. They do work!!!

You certainly don't need that kind of stress. I got to the point where I had to take a step back and pick my battles in rescue. Otherwise my mental would've been in jeopardy. It sounds cold and callous, but sometimes you have no choice.

thanks again Donna, oh yes i understand, i only did it the once and it was too much for me, i have enough things going on right now, and i don't need to involve myself with anything that will emotionally stress me out, does not take much in my case lol, very easily stressed out these days,the collar sounds good, i will check it out,again thanks for your kind words of wisdom ,always can count on you my friend and you know so much more than i ever will cheers.
    Furangels only lent.

Maybe I over looked it in the thread, so I apologize if its already been brought up, but: can you trap the male causing the problems and bring him to a shelter/animal control? Or even a cheap "trap and release" neuter program in your area?

That has to be a major pain in the butt, though. I would try this course of action to maybe curb his behavior while lowering the pet population at the same time.

Good luck!

facebook

no jessica i won't be doing the trapping thing, he is not a stray i can tell by looking at him ,well kept, as you know many people still don't do what they should, i will just have to put up with it, just done all the verandahs, but i can still smell it,best i can do for now,and sorry but i cannot take on the stress of this situation at the moment,i have not seen him up close, but judging by the behaviour he is a tom.
    Furangels only lent.

You are quite right, that is a bacheor Cat looking fr a litte ove, in all the right places, at least in his eyes.
    Is there a TNR program whee you ae befoe someone tires of that furry Romeo and hurts him???
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

I wish there was a simple way to slip a collar on him with a note to the effect of "Please get your cat fixed. He is stinking up my yard and house something awful." Maybe add the number of a nearby vet or low cost spay and neuter. Some people just don't KNOW what their cat does...it could be why he's outside in the first place.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

no TNR programmes here i am afraid, did not hear him last night,yes i wish he did have a collar and i would do that for sure, yes people think you don't need to neuter a tom, only females and even then they don't do that, don't ya just hate irresponsible pet owners grrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Furangels only lent.

Carole,

Irresponsible pet owners is one of my BIGGEST peeves.

I hear ya, me too!!!!
    Furangels only lent.