Thread: Darling Dexter

Darling Dexter

Congratulations on being honoured as Cat of the Day, Dexter!

What a handsome boy you are! Your white coat with black patches looks so soft and your golden eyes are beautiful! And look at that cute pink nose! You also have the sweetest face.

How lucky you are to have snatched up by a vetenary nurse - and she is equally lucky to have you as a loving companion.

Just by looking at your picture, I can sense how affectionate you are… loving cuddles and sleeping with/on your mom at night. No wonder she loves you so much - such agent and sweet nature boy you are!

Having two kitty friends in the house, you will never be bored, and I bet you have lots of fun playing together. There’s no shortage of toys in the house, but your favourite is a palm leaf. And when you see a fly or a bird, you click your teeth and that funny chatter sound comes out. I've heard other cats do this.

I would love to see a picture of you sitting like a meerkat, it must look funny.

Enjoy a day of playtime, celebration and snuggles, get some extra yummy treats and lots of love. I wish you many more happy and healthy years, sweetie!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Dearest Dexter, what an adorable young kitty boy you are! You are so pretty with that almost-all-white fur with a few dark patches, and that cute pink nose, and those lovely big golden eyes. That photo is gorgeous, and thank you for posting it. I wish I could reach through the screen and across the ocean to Guernsey in the UK Channel Islands to pet you and pet your two kitty housemates too! I can't, of course, but I know your loving and beloved Purrrsons will pet you all for me .

And what a delightful Purrrsonality you have! You are quite chatty, especially if you see a fly or a bird outside. You play all the time, and you have loads of toys, your favorite one being your palm leaf. You like to sit up on your large scratching post in the window, watching the birds and then falling asleep. You sit like a meerkat, especially if you think there's food around! You are very affectionate, too. You love to cuddle, and you try to put your paws around the person you're cuddling. You greet your dear Meowmie when she arrives home, and you sleep up under her chin with your head against hers. You give her the cuddles and entertainment she's missed since retiring as a Veterinary Nurse after 23 years. You and she and your Pawpie and two kitty housemates all love each other very much, don't you. What a wonderful love-filled home you share!

Congratulations, darling Dexter, on being chosen today's Cat of the Day! We hope you and your dear Purrrents and kitty housemates and all your family and friends are enjoying a fine celebration, full of fun and lovies and all your favorite games and treats.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Delightful Dexter

This is Dexter. He is a neutered Domestic Shorthair who is approximately ten months old. He resides in Guernsey, Channel Islands and lives a life of luxury with me, my husband and our other two cats. I stopped Veterinary Nursing last year after 23 years due to poor health and he gives me the cuddles and entertainment that I miss from working with animals on a daily basis. He always greets me when I arrive home, he sleeps with (on) me every night and "holds your hand."

He is incredibly affectionate, he loves to cuddle and tries to put his paws around you, and will sleep up under my chin with his head against mine. He is also very chatty, especially when trying to catch flies, he does the strange "chatter" when he sees a fly or a bird outside and it is really loud, but a bit squeaky! He plays all the time as still a youngster and the house looks like we have children with the amount of toys we have, although his favourite toy is usually a palm leaf! He will play with this for hours! We have a large scratching post in the window and he sits up there during the day, watching the birds until he will eventually curl up and go to sleep, usually with his head hanging off the edge.

The cutest thing he does is sit like a meerkat, he will sit like this for ages, with his paws up, especially if he thinks there is food involved. He is gentle and sweet natured and I couldn't imagine my home without him.
    Hello, Dexter in the Channel Islands! Happy Cat of the Day!

What a beautiful kitty you are! Your fur is mostly white with a few darker patches, and it looks so clean and soft! You are cuddly and sweet, placing your paws around your humans and sleeping with your head against your person !

You are a very busy kitty - observing the birds from the top of your kitty tower and chattering at them; playing with one of your many toys or even better, a palm leaf! Then it is time to take a nap while you are still on your tower. You give your special cuddles and entertainment to your people -- PURR-fect!

Happy, happy Cat of the Day to you, sweet Dexter! I am sending you and your two kitty siblings some extra hugs today!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Darling Adorable Dexter!

Hi Dexter! Happy Cat of the Day!

What a beautiful, oh so precious baby boy you are, Dexter, and one lucky one indeed, having wormed your way into the heart and home of a retired vet nurse!
    Not only do you benefit from her expertise, but now that she's a stay at home mom, she has all the time in the world to lavish love upon your attention seeking, cuddles craving wee self! How lucky she is, having a furkid as sweet and loving, as chatty and playful as you, bringing so much joy and happiness to her days! I had to laugh, picturing all of those toys scattered all about! Well, you're just as special as can be, Dexter, a true treasure!, and so very deserving of your big day in the spotlight!

Thanks for ending my day with a BIG smile, cutie pie! I hope you're enjoyng an adventure and fun filled day of celebration...chasing winged invaders and playing your toys, that palm leaf, hehe; watching the birdies from the comfort of your scratching post, lol; cuddling with your mom; being treated to all your heart desires and more! Tons of love, snuggles and kisses to you, adorable Dexter, our very special and most deserving Cat of the Day, EVERY day! Long and happy life to you!!!

So precious!!!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Dear Dexter, what a handsome Domestic Shorthair boy you are. Your sweet face with those golden eyes and your pink nosie couldn't be any cuter.
    I would love to see your "meerkat" pose. What a great trick to ask for treats. I bet it never fails.
    It sounds like you're living the good life: You're in great hands with your mom as a former veterinary nurse, you have kitty siblings to play with, and you got the best seat in the house to watch the birdies.
    You are also incredibly affectionate and gentle.
    Dexter, you are an all-around special kitty, and I wish you, your kitty siblings and your parents a great day full of celebration and many more happy and healthy years together.

What a handsome kitty you are, Dexter.
    Congratulations on being Cat of the Day!
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

Blog Entries
    Dexter is all of that and more! Love his coat and his broad nose, what a babe! Sounds like he won the family lottery, all the best to wonderful Dexter on this special day!