Thread: Not a good advert!

Not a good advert!

Karen and Paul, do you know that when people look at today's DOTD this website is advertised underneath it This is the second time I have seen it there. Is there anything we could do to stop it?
    Lilith Cherry
    "
    "Love never claims, it ever gives. Love ever suffers, never resents, never revenges itself." -Mahatma Gandhi

What website?
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    What I'm seeing now is German Shepherd Puppies for sale. Earlier it was for some kind of dog food. Don't know how these ads are selected, but it would have to be Karen and Paul's doing.

I went back and looked again, and now there is no ad under dog or cat, but under pet is an ad for English Bulldog puppies.

Now I'm really confused....................

Changed again. I give up - they're ever-changing!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

I think it more likely that Karen and Paul select the advertiser. They would have to contact the ad company about these ads.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

We had a thread about this once before, I believe. They use a advert service, and don't have any control over what ads show up.

We can only ban a certain number of advertisers, and we do not necessarily see what you see, especially with text ads. So if there is an offensive website, you need to send the the URL of it for us to be able to ban them. The text ads in particular, and some of the graphic ads are served by Adsense on the basis of geography, so we do not see what you see.

Right now on the bottom of Dog of the Day, I see Google's Chrome browser, and on Pet of the Day a Doctor's Foster & Smith ad that seems appropriate.
    I've Been Frosted

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    We can only ban a certain number of advertisers, and we do not necessarily see what you see, especially with text ads. So if there is an offensive website, you need to send the the URL of it for us to be able to ban them. The text ads in particular, and some of the graphic ads are served by Adsense on the basis of geography, so we do not see what you see.

Right now on the bottom of Dog of the Day, I see Google's Chrome browser, and on Pet of the Day a Doctor's Foster & Smith ad that seems appropriate.
    Is there any way that you can specify that you don't want ads regarding the sale of animals? I think that's the objection here, as all others I've seen are pretty harmless.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

What Ads?

I used to see ads along the right side of the picture. This reminds me I haven't seen ads in ages.

Quote Originally Posted by pomtzu View Post
    Is there any way that you can specify that you don't want ads regarding the sale of animals? I think that's the objection here, as all others I've seen are pretty harmless.
    No, that's not currently one of the categories we can deny. Google does change things from time to time, but that's not one of the choices. We have banned a lot of places, but as each "breeder" will have its own working, its own URL, etc., we have to do them one by one.
    I've Been Frosted

.purdypuppy.com Sorry I didnt insert it It is an ad for "designer puppies sad to say!
    Lilith Cherry
    "
    "Love never claims, it ever gives. Love ever suffers, never resents, never revenges itself." -Mahatma Gandhi

Thanks, Lilith Cherry, I edited the URL you posted just do no one can click it and give them any more traffic!
    I've Been Frosted