To the family of beautiful Basil~

Thank you so much for sharing your cherished memories of your beautiful boy Basil with us, allowing us the privilege of honoring him for the very special boy that he was, and all that he meant to your family.

I'm awash in tears, reading your love filled words, looking into those beautiful, gentle, love filled eyes. He was for sure, a gentle giant with a heart of pure gold. The photo of Basil looking adoringly at his young boy (at story time?), the one of your two boys cuddled up on the couch together so peacefully, say it all, no words needed. How very blessed you were to have known his unconditional love, his unwavering devotion, those many years. Basil was one of those "perfect pups," every family's dream dog, and we can't thank you enough for not surrendering/re-homing him once your beautiful little boy arrived. So often once the baby arrives, the dog (or cat) is shown the door. But you knew better, and your little man was one lucky guy, having a best friend and protector in Basil, and no doubt has made him a dog lover for life. I only hope that one day he will know another best furry friend, a 4 legged soul mate to grow up with. He (or she) could never replace Basil, but hopefully will take his/her very own special place in your hearts; just as special in her/his own unique way.

I'm so, so sorry Basil is no longer there with you physically; we all understand so well the heartbreak and the sense of loss that comes with losing a beloved furkid; truly we do. But as you say, Basil and his beautiful spirit live on in your hearts, in your cherished memories, and oh yes, all of those priceless pictures! And I do believe that one day, sometime in the far distant future, you and he will be together once again, and until that happy day he's looking down on you from the Rainbow Bridge, healthy and whole once more; watching over you all (especially his little man), and sending you his love.

I hope seeing Basil being honored here today puts a smile on your faces, helps to ease the sadness just a bit. He truly was one in a million, a Dog of a Lifetime, never to be forgotten.

God bless you precious Basil, for being the best friend, the most loving companion a family could ever hope for. You've earned your angel wings, sweetheart.