Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Update On My Kittens & Cats

Poor Storm! I didn't realize he was so ill. Prayers that you and your vet can find some small thing to perk him up for a bit. Glad he is still cuddling, though. Love is a good sign.

For Radar - my Oscar LOVES plain yogurt, even no-fat. The other two could care less. When you can, why not pick up a small container and see if he licks it off your finger?

If not, it's good on a baked potato...

HUGS and every good thought and PT prayer for your babies.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Tracey, you sure do have your hands full. You can count on my prayers and positive thoughts that you will be able to get all of this under control and all your babies will be healthy once again. I feel for you!!

When it rains it pours, doesn't it? I am so sorry about all you and your kitties are going through right now. I know how you feel about Storm, my Mac is getting up in years and is getting skinny as well. He can still jump and play when he wants to and his appetite is fine, but I know that he won't be getting any younger or more spry. It's tough when a good cat that you've had for many years, starts to show their age. My prayers and thoughts are with you and your crew, I hope they all start feeling better soon.
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

We are saying our prayers and sending our love and warm energies to Storm, too. We are glad that you and he still love to cuddle together in bed.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Tracy I am so sorry to hear about Storm and also did not realize he was having such issues. You have all my best thoughts for things to improve and get somewhat normal again. A houseful of kittens is challenging and your situation at the moment has to be difficult. Lots of hugs to you and all your furry babies.
    Yours in Whiskers

I'm not young enough to know everything.

"The Best Mirror is an Old Friend"

“The secret of what is small is the secret of clear-sightedness; the guarding of what is soft and tender is the secret of strength.”

• Lao Tzu

My "Brady Bunch" will put in a good word with Goddess Bastet.
    [b]"Virtue is triumphant only in theatrical productions." --The Mikado

I'll go light a candle for Storm and all the kitties at Storm's house x11!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Prayers for Storm
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

We are praying hard for you Rory and we are all praying that you are well soon.
    After all you are an Owesome Orangie!!!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

New Update

Thanks everyone. The kittens seem to be doing much better already. As of last night Radar still had diarrhea. My vet told me to try a 1/4 tablet of Immodium A-D for only two days. I tried it yesterday morning and it seemed to make him worse so I decided not to give him any more of it. So far so good with him this morning. Every day is challenging when trying to give everyone their Lysine. This morning went much smoother than yesterday. I can't catch Colby to give him his eye drops so he won this battle. His eyes seem to have cleared up on their own though. Maybe it's due to the Lysine.

On a much sadder note. Storm's back legs are only getting worse. Last night while he was trying to pee in the litter box he almost fell over. If he even tries to run he immediately flops over and he looks like a fish out of water. I just can't sit back and watch and act like there's nothing wrong with him. I also can't wait until he can't even walk any more or even use the litter boxes any more. I've thought about this very long and hard and I've had to make the difficult decision to let him go. I've decided to let him go some time this Sunday. I e-mailed my vet about this and I don't need to make an appt. for this. She won't be able to do it though because she's become allergic to the medication that's used for euthanasia. I'm hoping to be able to take this Fri. and the following Mon. & Tues. off so that I can spend some extra time with him and so I can go through the greiving process before I have to go back to work. I can't type any more right now because I'm getting too upset.

I am so very sorry.

Hugs to you and very gentle pets to Storm. God bless you both.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

((Hugs)) to you and Storm. It's such a hard decision.

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Oh Tracy - I'm so sorry. I had no idea that Storm was so sick. What you're describing sounds like what I just went thru with Sherbie. I know you're heartbroken, just as I was, but you are doing the very kindest thing for him that you can. Give him a gentle little kiss from me please.

Hoping that the rest of your crew is soon back to par.

{{{Hugs}}}
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

I am so vey sorry to hear the sad news about Storm. It's heartbreaking to see the stark decline of our dear dear friends.
    (((Hugs))) to you. Prayers for the younger kitties and for Storm too.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

{ { { Hugs Tracey } } } So very sorry to hear about Storm.