Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Update On My Kittens & Cats

I'm so, so sorry about Storm my heart is broken and my eyes are teary just imagining how are you feeling
    Hugs and prayers for you and all your babies, especially for Storm... love and kisses for him
    astrid

Tracey, I am very sorry to hear about Storm. He has always been one of my favorite Pet Talk kitties. Keeping all of you in my thoughts and prayers. God Bless.
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

Continued big prayers for sweet blue boy Storm and meowmie!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

{{{{hugs}}}} I pray for a miracle. If that is not possible, then a peaceful passing for Storm.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

I'm so sorry that Storm is feeling so bad, but glad that the kittens' eyes are improving.
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

Storm Update

Thanks everyone. I know that the news about Storm was a shock for you and it was also a shock for me too. He was doing very well healthwise back in April and since then I had noticed that he was starting to slow down. He would eat a little and then he's want to be put back in my bedroom where he'd sleep all day. Some times when I'd get him up to eat I noticed that his back legs would be a little bit stiff but he could still get around. He was a little wobbly a few times but then this went away. It was just this past weekend that I noticed that his back legs were becoming much worse and he was also becoming much thinner. It's like he's aged 10 years within the last 4 months. I had to help him use the litter box this morning because he's still very unstable. He looks worn out and tired and has this vacant blank stare about him. He's become a shell of what he used to be. When I picked him up to take him out to the kitchen to eat and then again to put him back in my room, he cried out like he was in pain. I'm going to continue to monitor him but I may need to have him put to sleep sooner than I originally planned. I was able to take Fri. and next Mon. & Tues. off. I hate watching any animal suffer especially one of my own. I know he's ready to go so I know I'm making the right decision. Please keep Storm in your thoughts and prayers.

Quote Originally Posted by krazyaboutkatz View Post
    Thanks everyone. The kittens seem to be doing much better already. As of last night Radar still had diarrhea. My vet told me to try a 1/4 tablet of Immodium A-D for only two days. I tried it yesterday morning and it seemed to make him worse so I decided not to give him any more of it. So far so good with him this morning. Every day is challenging when trying to give everyone their Lysine. This morning went much smoother than yesterday. I can't catch Colby to give him his eye drops so he won this battle. His eyes seem to have cleared up on their own though. Maybe it's due to the Lysine.

On a much sadder note. Storm's back legs are only getting worse. Last night while he was trying to pee in the litter box he almost fell over. If he even tries to run he immediately flops over and he looks like a fish out of water. I just can't sit back and watch and act like there's nothing wrong with him. I also can't wait until he can't even walk any more or even use the litter boxes any more. I've thought about this very long and hard and I've had to make the difficult decision to let him go. I've decided to let him go some time this Sunday. I e-mailed my vet about this and I don't need to make an appt. for this. She won't be able to do it though because she's become allergic to the medication that's used for euthanasia. I'm hoping to be able to take this Fri. and the following Mon. & Tues. off so that I can spend some extra time with him and so I can go through the greiving process before I have to go back to work. I can't type any more right now because I'm getting too upset.
    Oh Tracy, my heart is breaking for you. So difficult to leave them go, however, I think you are doing the right thing by him though. It just shows that you do love and care for him by letting him go. We are all here for you.

When they tell us they are done with life and are ready to go, it is the one last act of love we can do for them to let them go. I know how you are hurting, Tracy, but you are definitely doing the right thing for dear Storm. You will see him again One Fine Day, along with all your other kitties! Love never dies.
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

My heart is with you and Storm. There is never a right time for this to happen ... it just happens and amazingly they know when it is time to go. Spend some precious moments with your beloved Storm - he will understand.
    Yours in Whiskers

I'm not young enough to know everything.

"The Best Mirror is an Old Friend"

“The secret of what is small is the secret of clear-sightedness; the guarding of what is soft and tender is the secret of strength.”

• Lao Tzu

My thoughts go out to you and your kitty

It's so very hard to see someone you love so much suffering and so many feel one's kitty is "just a pet." None of us here do. I went through a tough time when my sweet prince Nicky seemingly went from healthy to severely ill in 2 days and despite the best medical attention nothing could be done except the right thing for my boy but a very hard decision for me. I don't know you but your devotion to and love for your kitties comes across. Take good care.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and sweet Storm.
    I know its not easy saying goodbye. I went though the same thing with my Calico Girl.
    Give Storm a kiss and some rubbies for me.

I am so sorry to hear this. I had no idea that Storm is so sick. My prayers are with you and the furr posse.
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

Please give Storm love and cuddles from me, and a kiss on his forehead.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Thanks again everyone. Storm is definitely ready to go. The lady that I work with asked about him this morning and I told her that he was getting worse. She told me to take tomorrow off because she also knows that it's time. She's a huge animal lover,mainly dogs, and her daughter is a cat lover. So now the plan is that I'm taking Thurs. Fri. & Mon. off and I plan to say my final goodbye to Storm some time tomorrow. If he had been like he was this morning when I got home then I would've done it tonight. He's been much more alert and bright eyed tonight but he's still having the same problems with his back legs. I've been talking to him and telling him what's going to happen. I also took a few pictures of him. I'm going to enjoy his company for as much as possible before I take him to my vets for his final journey to Rainbow Bridge. I'll post a few of his pictures below.

Big big big hugs and lovies for sweet, precious blue boy Storm (((HUGS)))
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678