Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Update On My Kittens & Cats

Update On My Kittens & Cats

Hi everyone. I thought I'd give you an update on all of my furkids. Most of you know that Radar was very sick. He's finally finished his medicine but towards the end of it, he began having liquid diarrhea. I stopped giving him canned food and as of today I think he's finally getting back to normal in that area. When I cleaned out the litter boxes tonight, there weren't any poo pancakes at all. He's not out of the woods just yet though because he now has another eye infection.

Rory's & Reece's eyes are also still bad. They were both seen by my vet last Sunday with mild eye infections and slight sneezing. Their temps were normal and they were still eating, drinking, & playing. Since two different eye drops only seemed to make Rory's eyes more irritated, my vet said to just use some refresh lubricating eye drops and to let this run it's course. Now both of Rory's eyes are much worse and Reece's eyes haven't improved at all. Both of them are sneezing more often and Reece's nose is also runny. I e-mailed my vet on Fri. morning to let her know what's going on and she said that since they're both acting normal to just wait it out.

Today I took two pictures of Rory to show my vet just how bad his eyes look. They look even worse in person. Also one of Sky's eyes has been runny and just this morning I noticed that Colby's eyes are also runny. My vet finally told me to give all of my cats 250mg of Lysine 2 times a day for 14 days and to start giving all of the cats with eye problems more eye drops. She thinks that they have the feline herpes virus. I think that most of this could've been prevented if Rory & Reece had been given something when I took them to the vet last Sunday. I only have one refill left for the eye drops so I told the pharmacy to get a hold of my vet so that she can give me more refills. I also e-mailed her again but I haven't heard anything yet. She does work tomorrow so I hope to be able to go and pick up several bottles of eye drops. Please send some prayers and positive thoughts to all of my cats so that they can get through this and get healthy again. I also hope that everyone will cooperate with me and take their eye drops & Lysine too. Thanks in advance.

Here's two pictures of Rory with his bad eyes.

Oh Rory, poor baby! We are sending along our prayers and loving wishes and healing energies, that you and your sibbies will get through all these eye troubles and all be well soon. Take your medicine, and get lots of rest!

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Goodness - that certainly does look unpleasant. Hoping that all of your furkids soon get back to good health soon. Hang in there kitties - and you too Tracey. {{{HUGS}}} all around for all.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Oh no those eyes look SO sore! And giving meds to ALL your clowder? GAH! Sending you hugs and stamina to get through THAT Task!

Awww, Rory, your eyes look so sore I hope the lysine is very helpful, and that everyone will be healthy and happy soon ! Big prayers from here too!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Sorry your babies are sick. Hope they are feeling better soon.

Oh dear look at those poor little baby eyes. Tracy I hope everything starts turning around for these little ones soon; It must be very demanding on you (and them) day after day. Healing thoughts and good wishes to you and your Krew.
    Yours in Whiskers

I'm not young enough to know everything.

"The Best Mirror is an Old Friend"

“The secret of what is small is the secret of clear-sightedness; the guarding of what is soft and tender is the secret of strength.”

• Lao Tzu

Poor Rory! I hope the lysine helps everybody! Get well soon, kitties!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Poor baby! He looks miserable.. Made my eyes water just to look at those pictures.. Hope they all get better fast. That looks awful!

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Thanks everyone. I sure hope that the eye drops and lysine will do the trick. I still haven't heard back from my vet yet. I was able to treat the kittens again this morning with the eye drops. Radar's eyes look pretty good because his just started flaring up yesterday. Unfortunately Radar still has liquid diarrhea. His bottom had some on it and he left many poo pancakes for me this morning. I heard from the kittens foster mom that they're also still having many kittens with the same eye problems. It seems like there's always something going around each year. Years ago when I adopted Starr it was a bad strain of coccidia and also ringworm. Some of my cats will eat the pill like a treat. Pearl, Blaze, Radar, and Rory all ate theirs like a treat. Alani, Storm,Reece, and Sky were very easy to pill and just gulped it down. Colby, Finnegan, & Ziggy were the most difficult. I may just crush up the pill and put it in Colby & Finnegan's canned food. Ziggy won't finish all of her canned food some times so this isn't an option for her. I hope that the next few weeks will go by quickly & smoothly and that this will all be a thing of the past soon.

Oh, no, poor little babies! Breaks my heart to see little Rory's eyes all red, swollen and tearing, hearing of all of the kids' multiple ailments. I do hope that tomorrow your vet can help straighten this all out, get them all a course of treatment, on the road to recovery. You must be overwhelmed! My Tigg was dx with feline herpes shortly after we rescued him, though his eyes never looked quite that bad. He's on lysine (Vetri Lysine Chews) 1 twice daily, for life, and it's well under control. Unfortunately he was also recently diagnosed with severe asthma, and treating him with steroids is problematic as it further depresses the immune system. Hard being a mom...

Lots of love and cuddles to all of those sweet babies, and a big hug to mom! Keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Would Radar eat some plain unsweetened yogurt? I am wondering if the antibiotics killed the 'good' germs in his digestive tract as they often do with humans?

I hope everyone gets better soon!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Awww, his eyes make my own itch. Poor little guy. I hope they all start feeling better soon.

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018

Owie!!! Poor babies and poor you!!! Prayers on the way for you all!!!
    One thing about having more than one cat: they are like kids at school: one gets something then shares it with the others.
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    MY BLESSINGS:
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by Catty1 View Post
    Would Radar eat some plain unsweetened yogurt? I am wondering if the antibiotics killed the 'good' germs in his digestive tract as they often do with humans?

I hope everyone gets better soon!
    That's what I've been wondering too. I even asked my vet about this in a previous e-mail and she never answered my question. She's just so popular and overbooked these days. I've also tried Fortiflora but when I gave it to Alani & Blaze as kittens it just made them worse. I have plenty of canned pumpkin at home too but I know that this wouldn't help replenish his good bacteria. When I go pick up the eye meds, I'm going to ask the people at the pharmacy what they feel would be best for a kitten with liquid diarrhea.

I had a good cry earlier today because my Storm was cuddling with me in bed and I then realized that he's now become a bag of bones. He sleeps most of the time now and his appetite isn't the best either even though he's still on pred. Some times his back legs give out on him or he just wobbles along now. He also has a hard time getting into & out of the litter boxes and he's been leaving some poop either in front of or close to the litter boxes. He can't clean his bottom as well as he used to either and he doesn't groom himself like he should. I'm having to come to terms that his time is limited with me. Just now he fell off of the bed. I do have carpeted pet stairs for him to use. It's just so hard to watch him wither away in front of my eyes. He has hyperthyroidism and also small intestinal disease. Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers too. I still have an appt. with my vet for next Sunday at 2pm so I may decide to bring him in then for my vet to check him out and so we can discuss his health.

Thanks again everyone.