Thread: Happy to have my car back!

Happy to have my car back!

I didn't post anything here about this, but back on Friday, July 13th, I was in a motor vehicle accident. I was not injured. Amen for that.

Let me start this story by saying that since September of last year I have had AC problems with my this car, my Subaru. This car is only 2 years old. I have had the car to the dealership about 8 times this summer alone. On July 13, I had just picked the car up at the service department. They finally decided to replace the condenser since nothing else they tried had worked. I was so happy!

Since the car has spent so much time at the garage, I have been driving loner cars which they have available since I purchased the car there.

I only had the car back about 10 minutes when I pulled out onto the highway from McDonald's (I never should have been there anyway) and was hit by a BMW. Aye! They decided it was a "no fault" accident. It was a very busy area, I was in a hurry to grab food and get back to work. I did not see the guy coming. He was able to slow down considerably before he made contact with my car. $4,000.00 damage to my car, again, I was lucky I wasn't injured. Thank goodness for insurance, and, it is the first accident I have had so my insurance will not go up.

Today I picked my car up from the repair shop. So happy to have my car back! It looks good as new.

Say a prayer that nothing further happens. This car has sort of been bad luck for me apparently.

I'm glad that you weren't hurt either and that you now have your car back. Now hopefully you won't have any more car problems or accidents.

Glad to hear that you were not hurt. You have had a string of bad luck. Hope things are on the upswing now.

Goodness, glad you were not hurt either time!
    I've Been Frosted

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Glad that you weren't hurt, and that you have your car back - again!!! With a car with a track record such as you reported, I think I'd seriously consider trading it in. Years ago my ex did just that with a car that appeared to be jinxed from the start.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by pomtzu View Post
    Glad that you weren't hurt, and that you have your car back - again!!! With a car with a track record such as you reported, I think I'd seriously consider trading it in. Years ago my ex did just that with a car that appeared to be jinxed from the start.
    Thanks all!

I do want to trade up next year. It isn't feasible for me to trade it right now. I need to get a few more payments made on it and I need my tax refund next year to help.

I have pics on my phone of the car damage. I have to figure out how to transfer them to my computer.

I'm glad you were OK in the accident. There was a bad wreck on my street last night; some guy was playing NASCAR in the wrong lane and hit someone head on. One kid was taken to the hospital with bumps and bruises, but otherwise only property damage.
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

Quote Originally Posted by pomtzu View Post
    Years ago I bought my first brand new car after tons of research etc. and had it for 6 months before I traded it in! In six months I was rear ended on four separate occasions - really weird situations like being stopped at a red light in broad daylight and perfectly dry conditions. By the last incident I was so paranoid I could see it coming and could not get out of the way without hitting someone else. So, repaired the car and got another one. I have not had an accident since ... that was at least 30 thirty years ago. I was and still am convinced that car and I did not have the right karma. Good luck and be careful.
    Yours in Whiskers

I'm not young enough to know everything.

"The Best Mirror is an Old Friend"

“The secret of what is small is the secret of clear-sightedness; the guarding of what is soft and tender is the secret of strength.”

• Lao Tzu