Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Precious Althea

Precious Althea

Althea, I got shivers when I read your story. The thought of such a tiny defenceless kitten out on a lonely road is just horrific. But the cat angels made sure you were found by your wonderful purrson and be the healer that you are now.

It is amazing how the love of a cat can help us get over the tragedy of losing another, and you have so helped your purrson over the loss of Merlin.

Althea - yes, you are definitely aptly named - you have made my day with your wonderful story and sweetest face. And you are a stunner in your cute little outfits.

Congrats on being our COTD, amazing Althea.

Angel, Puddy and Tinkerbell

Althea you are adorable! ...and the name is totally fitting! It means something to my huband and me as well, but for a totally different reason. Let me quote a verse I feel appropriate -

I told Althea, I was feeling lost
    Lacking in some direction
    Althea told me upon scrutiny
    That my back might need protection

These are the words from a Grateful Dead song "Althea". I think your adopted parent could relate!

Happy Cat of the Day, sweet Althea! Have a SUPER day!
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

I knew I recognized that pretty kitty in the festive green and white dress. Althea is one of our own here at PT!

Such a sweet girl and what a wonderful story.

I think it is so neat that Althea is a service kitty. Enjoy your day lovely Althea.

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    Our very own PrinCESS Althea is Cat of the Day!

Sharon ~ I just adore your little (but mighty) girl. What is it about the tiny ones that have spirits like lions?

Althea is definitely a healer of hearts and souls. Concatulations Althea!
    Last edited by kuhio98; 07-22-2012 at 11:09 AM.
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

Althea!! I know that face and that style!! Congratulations sweetheart on being Cat of the Day.

You knew you had a mission with your mommy and have earned a very special place in her heart and the hearts of many. A very talented little girl you are to make the lives of others so much brighter. Keep up the good work sweetie.

Have a wonderful day Althea and get spoiled royally.
    Yours in Whiskers

I'm not young enough to know everything.

"The Best Mirror is an Old Friend"

“The secret of what is small is the secret of clear-sightedness; the guarding of what is soft and tender is the secret of strength.”

• Lao Tzu

Dearest Althea, what a beautiful girl you are, what an absolute treasure! Yes, you and your Meowmie met for a reason, because you both needed healing and needed each other. God bless you both!

Congratulations on being selected as today's Cat of the Day! We hope you and Meowmie and your other pet family members and maybe even your friends at the retirement home are all celebrating with you!

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Thank you all. Since I'm too old to be a fan of Grateful Dead, i wasn't aware of the song - thank you for that! It does, indeed, resonate with me.
    I'm extremely emotionally attached to Althea, and am very, very proud of my "little girl."

Lady-in-Waiting to HRH The PrinCESS Althea

Blog Entries

Althea

Althea is a beauty and such a little miracle! Hope ya'll have the bestest day, thanks for sharing Peace and love

Athena what a beauty you are!!!

How darling you look in your dresses!!! No wonder people love to meet you. You bring smiles with you when you visit!!! I certainly do think you were meant to be with your mommy. What a win win situation for you both, eh? Please thank her for sharing her precious treasure, you, with us, ok?

Congratulations, sweetie, on being our very special Cat of the Day!!!
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It is PT's Althea!

Yay, yay! It is one of PT's own today, maerlyn's Althea! Hello, precious kitty girl! What a wonderful story of how you got your name How wonderful that meowmie rescued you at just the right time! I agree with Kuhio98, you are small and mighty, and a healer of hearts and souls! Happy Cat of the Day to you, beautiful Althea, beloved fashion-plate kitty! Mmwah!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Althea is so special

Hi Althea,

I go goosebumps reading your story. You are so fortunate your Mommy took you in and cared for you so well. And now you have the important job of making older folks smile and feel good. You look so stylish in your little harnesses. I am glad we got to meet you on Cat of the Day.

Ginny, Jar Jar and Phantom

12. Althea! Edwina is so glad to make the acquaintance of a fellow fashionista! With a sweet pretty round face and great taste in clothes.

Congrats Althea - our stylish Cat of the Day!!

Alluring Althea!

Wow...what an amazing story, Althea! You - and your loving mama - were made for each other!
    I love how pretty you look in your harness dresses...you are such a sweet pretty girl!
    May everyday be Cat of the Day for you, Althea!

Many Thanks!

"The Special, Precious, Petite PrinCESS Althea" wishes me, her lady-in-waiting/social secretary, to extend her gratitude to everyone for their good wishes! She was once Cat of the Week on Catster, and is very humbly proud (if such a thing is possible! ) to add Cat of the Day at Pet Talk to her resume.

Althea's story is proof to me that there is more to life than what we can see, hear, or touch; there truly is a world beyond ours. When Merlin was with me, he had an endearing way of getting what he wanted - which was usually to be petted: he'd sit in front of me, look up with his lovely green eyes, and put one paw onto my leg. I'd melt, of course. Since Althea was a gift to me at his first bridgeday, I can picture him, in front of the Heavenly Throne, sitting before the Creator, one paw upon the divine leg: "Please, Lord, the Woman (he never called me "mom") is hurting; please send her a kitten to make her heart happy again." Oh, I know it didn't really happen that way, but I have no doubt that Merlin had a paw in this, too!

Thank you all again for being so kind; this is a wonderful place to be!

Lady-in-Waiting to HRH The PrinCESS Althea

Happy Cat of the Day beautiful Althea!
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana