Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3839404142434445464748

Thread: Gun control discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Lady's Human View Post
    What has the Brady bunch in a tither is that with 3-d printers anyone who can press the "print" button on a PC can make one.

Anyone who can hit "print" on a PC and happens to have access to a 3-D printer. I can picture it now... a few days of someone staying at work late and bam, there are more guns on the streets.

In Maryland they passed a law requiring new gun owners to submit digital fingerprints to the state police. I heard on the news that Beretta and the NRA plan to challenge the law in court after it goes into effect October 1. I don't see the problem. They want their products to wind up in the hands of responsible gun owners, and responsible gun owners will get fingerprinted. Got a problem with that? Exhibit A: Hadiya Pendleton, who won't get to go to college. Exhibit B: Jonylah Watkins, who will never get to take her first steps.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    Exhibit A: Hadiya Pendleton, who won't get to go to college. Exhibit B: Jonylah Watkins, who will never get to take her first steps.
    Where not killed by responsible firearm owners.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson
    Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    Anyone who can hit "print" on a PC and happens to have access to a 3-D printer. I can picture it now... a few days of someone staying at work late and bam, there are more guns on the streets.

In Maryland they passed a law requiring new gun owners to submit digital fingerprints to the state police. I heard on the news that Beretta and the NRA plan to challenge the law in court after it goes into effect October 1. I don't see the problem. They want their products to wind up in the hands of responsible gun owners, and responsible gun owners will get fingerprinted. Got a problem with that? Exhibit A: Hadiya Pendleton, who won't get to go to college. Exhibit B: Jonylah Watkins, who will never get to take her first steps.
    How would the fingerprinting law have helped either child?

The perps who killed them didn't acquire the guns legally.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

Want to control guns?

How about let's start enforcing existing laws.....

Like this:

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/stor...eapons-charges

If it wasn't an NFL player, they'd still be sitting in jail waiting for their hearing.

DUI, accessory to DUI, pot (which I REALLY don't care about) and guns in the car, and they're back out on the street.

Enforce the damned laws. I'm willing to bet that if the laws as they stand were firmly enforced, people would be railing about how draconian they are. Controlling objects accomplishes nothing if society can't control people.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady's Human View Post
    Want to control guns?

How about let's start enforcing existing laws.....

Like this:

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/stor...eapons-charges

If it wasn't an NFL player, they'd still be sitting in jail waiting for their hearing.

DUI, accessory to DUI, pot (which I REALLY don't care about) and guns in the car, and they're back out on the street.

Enforce the damned laws. I'm willing to bet that if the laws as they stand were firmly enforced, people would be railing about how draconian they are. Controlling objects accomplishes nothing if society can't control people.
    Hey, what ever happened to the American kid who got caught tagging and got his butt whupped?

I bet that took the wind outta his sails.......sometimes the best way is the hardest way.

This Indiana case is a prime example of a person who should not be allowed to keep guns. After his arrest he was diagnosed
    with a mental disorder & he now wants his guns back, all 48 of them. (His guns were seized after he was arrested)

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/l...-police-seized
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I wonder what Indiana laws are regarding mental health issues ... and whether that diagnosis could be used to keep him from getting the guns back ... Mental health is such a hot-button topic, and so tricky to define and enforce ...
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    I wonder what Indiana laws are regarding mental health issues ... and whether that diagnosis could be used to keep him from getting the guns back ... Mental health is such a hot-button topic, and so tricky to define and enforce ...
    Indiana laws are actually immaterial in this case, as he has been diagnosed with a mental illness. If he is mentally ill and that holds up in a challenge, by Federal law he cannot possess firearms.