Page 44 of 48 FirstFirst ... 343536373839404142434445464748 LastLast

Thread: Gun control discussion

Originally Posted by Senators Feinstein, Boxer

“The Senators feel the best course of action is to remove all weapons from law enforcement and private citizens so no one else gets hurt,” said a Senate communications intern. “When the gunman realizes that nobody else is armed, he will lay down his weapons and turn himself in…. that’s just human nature.”
    Really???
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Could the source of that statement be any more vague? I think not.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

The article starts "Feinstein and Boxer Ask Californians to Lay Down Their Weapons During Statewide Manhunt

(PP)- As an ex-Los Angeles police officer killed three people and went on a deadly shooting rampage in a vendetta to punish those he attributed for his firing, California Senators Dianne Feinstein and Barbara Boxer pleaded for calm, and asked both law enforcement and civilians to lay down their weapons.

An intense manhunt for Christopher Dorner that aroused fear across several states and Mexico focused late Thursday on Big Bear Lake, about 80 miles east of Los Angeles, where police found a burned-out pickup truck that belonged to the ex-military and former police officer Dorner.

Throughout the day, Senators Feinstein and Boxer made desperate pleas for their California constituents to turn in their guns and not confront the crazed gunman because this would be a perfect test of their anti-gun proposals."

So it is colored somewhat by the situation, still kind of off, but the context does matter!
    I've Been Frosted

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Another nut with a gun.........http://www.abclocal.go.com/wpvi/stor...cal&id=8988226

This happened this a.m. about 30 miles north of here in the New Castle County Court House. How did this nut case get thru security with a gun - if there was a security check - and I can't imagine there not being one as you enter the building. When I filed my divorce papers some years ago in Family Court locally in Dover (Kent County), I went thru a security check right inside the front door!!! I'm baffled......

This Thursday, my son has to testify in a case at the Kent County Court House. I think he should go dressed in full body armor!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    The article starts "Feinstein and Boxer Ask Californians to Lay Down Their Weapons During Statewide Manhunt

(PP)- As an ex-Los Angeles police officer killed three people and went on a deadly shooting rampage in a vendetta to punish those he attributed for his firing, California Senators Dianne Feinstein and Barbara Boxer pleaded for calm, and asked both law enforcement and civilians to lay down their weapons.

An intense manhunt for Christopher Dorner that aroused fear across several states and Mexico focused late Thursday on Big Bear Lake, about 80 miles east of Los Angeles, where police found a burned-out pickup truck that belonged to the ex-military and former police officer Dorner.

Throughout the day, Senators Feinstein and Boxer made desperate pleas for their California constituents to turn in their guns and not confront the crazed gunman because this would be a perfect test of their anti-gun proposals."

So it is colored somewhat by the situation, still kind of off, but the context does matter!
    Why would the people be in danger when this Dorner has targeted uniformed PD?

Feinstein and Boxer are lacking the basic sense of what the 'little people' are about and keep getting elected because people 'know' who they are.

------------------

I guess the two women in that truck the cops fired up should have been more careful and confronted the police in such a careless and reckless manner.....

IF anything that goes to the problem of hiring trigger happy people to the police force.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

One thing that has amazed me about the media coverage of the rogue ex-cop is the absence of the "Anti-gun" talk on the air.

This nutball is a 'product' of the same system meant to protect us.

So, do we look the other way and ignore the fact that even the people 'trained' to serve and protect are just as apt to become unhinged?

-------------------------

Chris Matthews on the coverage of the standoff - his question to another talking head - "He has an automatic weapon, what does that mean?'

It means you don't need the clutch to use it.

------------------------

If is was some punk cop killer you can bet that dianee feenstein, nutsy pelosi and baba boxer would be screaming from the top of the capitol buildings that "Criminals are loose with weapons of mass destruction!!!!"

What do they have to say now?

This mutton head has killed 4 people, wounded 3 more - he put the LAPD an edge so they go on and shoot up a truck with two women delivering newspapers in the A.M.?

The only people that I don't fear of being armed is me.

I know what end is up and what I'd shoot at.

http://news.yahoo.com/bill-allowing-...010910078.html

So, cops have to be careful with elephants now?

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    A girl with a very promising future was killed when she happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.
    There have now been two arrests in this case, which has made the national news. Two gang members were arrested. It's thought that Hadiya and the group of kids she was with were mis-identified by the shooters as members of a rival gang. The CPD Superintendent attributed the arrests to "good police work".

So, again, nothing changes. Two more young African American men will probably go to prison for a long time for this. But it's not likely to decrease the overall incidence of gun violence related to gang membership in Chicago. Could someone please do something to get the guns out of the hands of the wrong people. I know that in the past white people have looked the other way when the perps and the victims are non-white. This case is different, though. Everyone is saying something must change immediately if not sooner.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Sadly, the political will to make significant change in the "gangsta" culture just doesn't exist.

It's not something that DC can toss together a piece of legislation, trot out to the Rose Garden for a presser and a signing ceremony, and be done.

Therefore, it isn't going to happen.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

Joe Biden says I can have a shotgun.......

The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

Quote Originally Posted by richard View Post
    joe biden says i can have a shotgun.......

SO, MUCH, WANT!!!!! small text.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson
    Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.

Quote Originally Posted by blue View Post
    SO, MUCH, WANT!!!!! small text.
    I just want a house with a back yard big enough so I could shoot a shotgun w/o people complaining!
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

Blog Entries
    Would you consider a water gun?
    The frost is on the pumpkin & I've been BOO'D by two pet talk ghosts.
    Thank you Fritz & Cassiesmom

Or a pellet gun?
    I've Been Frosted

People have been making fire arms as a hobby from the beginning. Now you can print your own AR lower.

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2...er-600-rounds/
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson
    Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.