Page 38 of 48 FirstFirst ... 2829303132333435363738394041424344454647 ... LastLast

Thread: Gun control discussion

This happened a year ago. Again, what could she have done differently? The police were still not there after 20 minutes.
    Maybe she should have waited to see what the two guys breaking down her door for 20 minutes wanted.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/okla-woman-...ry?id=15285605
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatepuppy View Post
    This happened a year ago. Again, what could she have done differently? The police were still not there after 20 minutes.
    Maybe she should have waited to see what the two guys breaking down her door for 20 minutes wanted.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/okla-woman-...ry?id=15285605

I remember reading that story. I am so glad she had a gun & wasn't afraid to use it. I don't want to think what could have happened to
    her and the baby if those guys managed to get inside. She was very brave woman.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by lizbud View Post
    I remember reading that story. I am so glad she had a gun & wasn't afraid to use it. I don't want to think what could have happened to
    her and the baby if those guys managed to get inside. She was very brave woman.
    I remember when this happened. It haunts me. No I don't have a three month old baby and am not quite that far away from civilization, but still.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Ill just leave this here.

The Truth About Assault Weapons
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson
    Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.

Clearly presented, thank you for posting it.
    I've Been Frosted

I'd love to read the link, Blue, but I'm at work.......and the filters block me from going to look for a nail gun (makes it hard to look for tools at times...), never mind a page about weapons. I'll have to read in the AM.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

Quote Originally Posted by Alysser View Post
    Silly Richard, she shouldn't have had the gun to protect herself with in the first place! Why post such a story?!
    Because I wanted to show that driving with blood in your eyes could cause an accident?

I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson
    Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.

Sorry - I have tears in my eyes.....from laughing.
    I've never seen such a load of self serving, biased twaddle.
    Glad it was put out by the NRA and not you Blue. I expect it from them.

If I had a like button

If I could find the "like" button, I would have "liked" Louie and Me's comment. So true. I laughed and laughed and then got bored with it. Such rubbish (at least the part I was able to watch )...... Come on Blue, you can come up with something better than that! I am sure.

There was a fatal shooting at a basketball game between two Chicago public high schools. The game had been moved to Chicago State University - a neutral location; there was an ample police presence inside the gym and metal detectors were used to screen everyone. Lots of police outside the arena too. It's possible that the shooter might have been in a car on the campus and not have even gone to the game. I also heard on the radio that the victim was probably just in the wrong place at the wrong moment. More very tragic and sad news in Chicago.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Why I care

Just something I wanted to say for clarification.

It was suggested recently, very politely, that I should butt out of the gun control debate since I was not American and so as not to offend I have done that until today.
    Here’s why I care. For most of my 35 year career I traveled throughout the US working with hundreds and hundreds of grassroots volunteers. Politics, religious beliefs, ethnic origins where never part of the equation. Just a bunch of hard working people trying to make their communities better places and providing comfort for those in need.. I spent most of my time in the US toiling alongside volunteers in their communities, fundraising for children’s causes, providing disaster relief support from Canada when needed. As a result I made many, many friends and many have continued to be friends since my retirement.
    I have no doubt that some of these volunteers hunted, some of them likely had hand guns for protection and some may even have been or still be members of the NRA. I fully respect their rights under the 2nd Amendment of the Constitution. I just don’t want to ever read or hear one of them has been killed watching a movie, or their children killed at school or they just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time during a drive by shooting. Over 900 people have been killed by firearms in the US since Sandy Hook , that’s just 35 days. I want them to be safe.

Louie and Me- I wouldn't pay any attention to anyone that tells you to butt out of any conversation based on your nationality. You have the right to express your opinion just as much as anyone else. Consider anyone getting riled up enough to tell you to butt out just not comfortable with the views that you are expressing.

Thanks Cataholic - it was a very respectful objection but at the same time I was sure more than one poster resented my opinion on a particularly sensitive American matter. That's why I wrote this piece. I really do care about the issue not just on a "holier than thou" basis.
    Last edited by Louie and me; 01-18-2013 at 03:20 PM.

LOLOLOLOLOLOL.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.1241260

Maybe we need a tighter control on people who see boogey men down dark alleyways?

-----------------------

I can hardly wait for the schools to ban girls from playing with dolls because that may lead them to wanting to get pregnant and become mother or kids who crash Hot Wheel cars into each other - that may lead them to be reckless or NASCAR drivers?

---------------------------

The more I watch the news outlets, the more I am entertained by the puppetheads who really do not know what they are talking about.

"High capacity bullets" was my fave from this past weekend.

Kids with loaded fingers don't scare me, It's the people with empty heads that freak me out.