Page 33 of 48 FirstFirst ... 232425262728293031323334353637383940414243 ... LastLast

Thread: Gun control discussion

The thread is like watching John McEnroe and Andre Agassi play tennis.

Agassi hits one over the net, McEnroe missed the ball and starts screaming like a little biatch.

----------------------------

There's discourse and intercourse.

Intercourse is fun, discourse is a little more distant.

-----------------------------

The problem is that 'people' are way too quick to label someone as a 'gun nut' because they want to possess or shoot any firearms.

I probably am nuts, but I have a hearty eff u to the people who are far crazier that I am - that believe just because I like guns I am a 'nut' incapable of owning one RESPONSIBLY.

I don't know about anyone's mental status and personally don't care.

That is your problem.

------------------------------

I am not particularly fond of reptiles, snakes to be truthful, but I am not going to start picking fights with people on the reptiles threads.

Posting a story where some idiot lets his child get squashed by a boa that he let roam the house is just asking for trouble.

There are tons of people who are responsible reptile/snake/lizard owners out there and posting my fear of them - and telling people that they are 'nuts', 'stupid', 'morons' is kinda rude, stupid and disrespectful.

The same can be said about pit bull owners? Car owners who drag race on city streets? People who smoke in bed and light the bed on fire?

------------------------

One thing?

I do laugh at people who shoot their nutz off with a gun, I pity the people who accidentally kill a loved one with a gun and I hate the morons who think that a gun is the best way to solve a problem in their lives.

-----------------------

One other thing?

When you come to a discussion, make sure you have enough ammo to keep in the fight, I get it that you don't like guns - you have stated that opinion ad naseum - when you run out of bullets, yelling at the other person is pretty futile.

Now, I'll get slammed for making that comparison - bullets/arguements - and people will look at it like I advocate 'gun stupidity,' but I don't care.

-------------------------------

Rudeness is rudeness and if you go back and reread parts of the thread and don't see it?

Quote Originally Posted by catlady1945 View Post
    Don't need arms against people with empty heads.

Gotta go now, duty calls, gotta defend the free world against the civilian nut jobs. Tough job, but somebody's got to do it. Take care, pal - don't take any wooden Glocks.
    I have a BIL who was an LAPD cop and he had an attitude that "civilian nut jobs" were all that he dealt with.

I gave is a first thought and wondered how he was able to discern the NJs from the sane people to the bordeline NJs.

I do respect the people who take care of us civilian nut jobs.

But, sometimes I wonder about the professional nut jobs that seem to slip thru the cracks.

-------------------

Isn't a nut job the same as neutering?

Lots of foaming at the mouth gun nuts on this forum. Am I right?
    Just ... WOW!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Quote Originally Posted by chocolatepuppy View Post
    Just ... WOW!
    Agreed! What a pleasant individual, huh? And happy holidays to her too.....................
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Gotta go now, duty calls, gotta defend the free world against the civilian nut jobs. Tough job, but somebody's got to do it.
    Do you have a job doing something like this?
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Quote Originally Posted by phesina View Post
    Do you have a job doing something like this?
    Hopefully not, she'd probably assumes everyone who owns a firearm is a nut job.

Quote Originally Posted by Alysser View Post
    Hopefully not, she'd probably assumes everyone who owns a firearm is a nut job.
    Thats what the main stream media wants you to believe. Its what ES wants you to believe.

An armed populace ensures a Democratic Republic remains intact. Tyrants and dictators understand this, that is why they enjoy a disarmed populace. ES would rather be a subject then a free citizen.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson
    Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.

Quote Originally Posted by blue View Post

An armed populace ensures a Democratic Republic remains intact. Tyrants and dictators understand this, that is why they enjoy a disarmed populace. ES would rather be a subject then a free citizen.

Hear this all the time & wonder if people really believe what they are saying.A USA military could take down whole other Nations within days will be held in check by a group
    of wannabe Rambos with their trusty "firearms". It's laughable. Evidently, repeating this phrase in every discussion about gun control, somehow makes them feel invincible.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by blue View Post
    How come, say for instance Canada, England, Germany, Denmark, countries with strong gun-control laws, are not tyrannical dictatorships?

And why are these countries not overrun with gun violence, gun crimes, gun deaths? After all, the bad guys can always get guns, but the good guys can't. How come bad guys aren't going around shooting up schools, theaters, malls, churches all the time in those places?
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Yes Liz, all these wannabe Rambo types really are laughable, but also frightening - you never know when something ticks them off and they go beserk. It has happened again and again and will propbably continue.

In Denmark, ordinary citizens are not allowed to have guns. Some morons do go around with knives, though, but this was not common just a few decades ago. A law was implemented a few years ago... you're not allowed to go around in public with knives longer than 7 cm. See below:

"In public places, colleges, youth clubs, leisure facilities and the like, it is prohibited to carry a knife or dagger, except as part of a profession, for hunting, fishing or sport or another similar creditable purpose. The ban does not include folding knives with blades of more than 7 cm, which can not be locked in the unfolded position. "

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Harper is as close to a dictator as we ever have had - and I hope he is thoroughly booted in the next election.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Look at how we talk to and about people. Look at how we TREAT people. We wonder why people lose it and want to take everyone out. No wonder kids think there is nothing wrong with torturing students they don't like, look at how the adults behave.

R.I.P my dear Sweet Teddy. You will be missed forever. We love you.

http://www.hannahshands.etsy.com

Quote Originally Posted by lizbud View Post
    Hear this all the time & wonder if people really believe what they are saying.A USA military could take down whole other Nations within days will be held in check by a group
    of wannabe Rambos with their trusty "firearms". It's laughable. Evidently, repeating this phrase in every discussion about gun control, somehow makes them feel invincible.
    Well, since we are talking about 'wannabe Rambos' let's talk about the "Stupid peaceniks", can we?

It's pretty insulting to be thought of as a 'wannabe Rambo' because I like to shoot a gun or want to own one.

That would be just like me saying that people who want green energy or drive hybrid cars are treehugging idiots.
    Or that women who like cats are lonely and incapable of having a relationship with others, especially men.

---------------------

I haven't really read anything about people being Rambo or wanting to be Rambo - on this thread.

Of course, if I want to own a gun, bullets and want to target shoot on the weekends, that makes me a 'clear and present danger' to the people around me?

What an effing laugh.

I fear the idiots that drink and drive, talk on a cell phone, smoke cigarettes while driving -I fear people who smoke in bed, prepare my food or someone who decides that a nice biohazard in my water or air is the answer to THEIR problems?

----------------------

I do not think my guns are an extension of my penis, neither is my car, wallet or tax bracket.

I find the insinuation that I am a "rambo" because I like guns to be a direct reflection of the people who either do not like, trust or would not be able to handle a gun or the responsibilities of owning firearms.

If you don't like it or cannot handle it, suck it up.

My lifestyle choices shouldn't bother you - nor should my responsible ownership of any firearm.
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

Quote Originally Posted by lizbud View Post
    No desire to be Rambo. Would just like to protect myself in my own home.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Quote Originally Posted by chocolatepuppy View Post
    No desire to be Rambo. Would just like to protect myself in my own home.
    But I sure as heck wouldn't keep my gun on the dresser like you do. If I had one it would be on the nightstand - it's much closer than the dresser and I wouldn't even have to get out of bed!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~