Page 23 of 48 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324252627282930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: Gun control discussion

Quote Originally Posted by lizbud View Post
    It also is not the place to put someone down because they may not know the correct name for a particular weapon. We are not
    all military ordinance experts, so lets not quibble over technical terms of a weapon. It's hurtful & doesn't led to any good end.
    The comments about how terrible and evil"assault weapons" and "automatic weapons" are straight out of the media's agitprop playbook, and have been corrected in here repeatedly. If people read and comprehended the comments that have been made multiple times rather than making knee jerk responses to posts, then the correct nomenclature would easily be seen. In addition, the comment that "that's some serious hardware" was made by someone who claims to be military, in which case they should bloody well know that that "serious hardware" isn't that "serious" at all.

There are a lot of pointless, hurtful comment in the thread, and most of them are coming from the people who constantly bump this thread for whatever reason to show how turrible them big bad guns iz.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

2. Blame the media! Apparently some people think we all are too stupid to have a thought that is not put in our heads (empty as they are!) by the evil media!

I post in the thread often. I am not ashamed of that. I also make my opinion known to my government representatives.

Somehow I think shooting your son to death, a three year old shooting his father to death - little bit more than a toe stub. Now the guy who shot himself in the winky...

I'm thinking
    absolutely juvenile and hyperbolic tone
    might be defined as this
    turrible them big bad guns iz

Quote Originally Posted by Edwina's Secretary View Post
    Blame the media! Apparently some people think we all are too stupid to have a thought that is not put in our heads (empty as they are!) by the evil media!

Speaking of hyperbole, now calling something straight out of an agitprop playbook is blaming the media? I'm not stating that no one can have these thoughts on their own, however, it's........amusing..........to say the least how well interlocked the statements about certain topics are.

If you're admitting you're head is empty, I'm not going to argue.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady's Human View Post
    Speaking of hyperbole, now calling something straight out of an agitprop playbook is blaming the media? I'm not stating that no one can have these thoughts on their own, however, it's........amusing..........to say the least how well interlocked the statements about certain topics are.

If you're admitting you're head is empty, I'm not going to argue.
    I heard one puppethead on MSNBC state that something had to be done about 'large capacity ammo'.

I laughed.

-------------------
    And in the spirit of the season?

"You'll put your eye out with that thing....."
    Last edited by RICHARD; 12-16-2012 at 04:40 PM. Reason: still can't spell..

Quote Originally Posted by catlady1945 View Post
    It should be "your head is empty" - - - - you're head is empty = you are head is empty. Calm down!
    Calm down?

A typo is a sign of agitation? Damn, the interwebz (facebook in particular) must be full of very irate individuals, and one of my former commanding officers must have been a raving lunatic! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by pomtzu View Post
    The following is JMHO - for what it's worth.....

Every time there is another horrific tragedy involving guns, this thread rears it's ugly head and the debate/discussion/argument starts all over again. And what does it accomplish???? - nothing as far as I can tell. There are pros and cons to both sides of the gun ownership issue, and nobody is right or wrong. Everybody has an opinion in the matter and I don't believe that they should be chastised for stating it. Perhaps the energy wasted here would be better spent making your views known to your state representatives, so that perhaps they can take it to the national level. I personally do believe that this latest massacre in CT has given a lot of officials who seemed indifferent to the issues, a big wake-up call, simply because it took so many very young and innocent lives. The loss of any life in a scenario such as this is senseless and cruel - but for little children only 6 and 7 years old it is beyond senseless and cruel. It was barbaric and unthinkable - yet it happened.

It's time to think of and do something constructive, rather than continuing to be destructive and critical of others who don't necessarily agree with you.

And like I said: JMHO

First you have to find out who is taking cash from the gun lobbyists.

NOTHING will ever be done about the current gun laws, all the politicians pay lip service to us to make us believe they are concerned.

Dianne Feinstein is one of the effing puppetheads that is anti gun, while all the while traveling with armed security guards and packs heat herself.

She's an opportunist, a snake oil-salesman and a true knee jerk politician, check out her grandstanding re Conneticut
    Last edited by RICHARD; 12-16-2012 at 04:40 PM. Reason: spelling, again.
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

Since I can't find a thread dedicated to the tragedy here I figure I'll share it here

I just thought this was beautiful and touching. Warning: Religious content. I thought it was a lovely way to picture these babies instead of the horrifying last moments of their lives

Twas' 11 days before Christmas, around 9:38 when 20 beautiful children stormed through heaven's gate. Their smiles were contagious, their laughter filled the air. They could hardly believe all the beauty they saw there. They were filled with such joy; they didn't know what to say. They remembered nothing of what had happened earlier that day. “where are we?" asked a little girl, as quiet as a mouse. “This is heaven" declared a small boy. "We’re spending Christmas at God's house”. When what to their wondering eyes did appear, but Jesus, their savior, the children gathered near. He looked at them and smiled, and they smiled just the same. Then He opened His arms and He called them by name. And in that moment was joy, that only heaven can bring those children all flew into the arms of their King and as they lingered in the warmth of His embrace, one small girl turned and looked at Jesus' face. And as if He could read all the questions she had He gently whispered to her, "I'll take care of mom and dad. “then He looked down on earth, the world far below He saw all of the hurt, the sorrow, and woe, then He closed His eyes and He outstretched His hand, “Let My power and presence re-enter this land! “May this country be delivered from the hands of fools” “I’m taking back my nation. I'm taking back my schools! “Then He and the children stood up without a sound. “Come now my children let me show you around. “Excitement filled the space, some skipped and some ran. All displaying enthusiasm that only a small child can. And I heard Him proclaim as He walked out of sight, “in the midst of this darkness,” I AM STILL THE LIGHT."
    I also think this blog gets to the root of the issue of violence in this country. Sorry if it's been posted already

http://anarchistsoccermom.blogspot.c...thinkable.html

Treat the illness instead of a side effect.

One last thing, how can we sit and talk about loving our neighbors when we are all exchanging such vitriol and disdain towards each other We should be embracing each other instead of arguing. I know this post may be met with opposition but I just don't have it in me at this time to fight.

R.I.P my dear Sweet Teddy. You will be missed forever. We love you.

http://www.hannahshands.etsy.com

From a CNN report.

The gun control debate

The deadly shooting that shattered this quiet New England town also reignited the ongoing debate about gun laws in America.

Adam Lanza was found dead next to three guns -- a semiautomatic .223-caliber rifle made by Bushmaster and two handguns made by Glock and Sig Sauer, a law enforcement source told CNN. All belonged to his mother.

Carver, who performed autopsies on seven of the victims, said the wounds he knew about were caused by a "long weapon" and that the rifle was the primary weapon used.

Nancy Lanza was a gun collector and recently showed off a newly bought rifle to fellow Newtown resident Dan Holmes, who owns a landscaping business in the town.

Besides the three weapons found at the school, the shooter also had access to at least three more guns, a law enforcement source said.
    Thanks.......

Again, I commented on what the news reports stated and again, in their haste to beat the competition, they leave out a few salient details and lead me down the wrong road?
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Thank you Tanya - not only for posting that interpretation of the beginning of a new life for those children and the message that it sent - but for choosing to not be confrontational.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by sparks19 View Post

One last thing, how can we sit and talk about loving our neighbors when we are all exchanging such vitriol and disdain towards each other We should be embracing each other instead of arguing. I know this post may be met with opposition but I just don't have it in me at this time to fight.
    The continuation of this thread by certain individuals is all about vitriol, condescension and self righteousness.

I have asked in the past that certain parties refrain from using tragedies to push a political agenda, and have been told in no uncertain terms to go to hell.

The continuation of this thread by certain individuals is all about vitriol, condescension and self righteousness.

I have asked in the past that certain parties refrain from using tragedies to push a political agenda, and have been told in no uncertain terms to go to hell.
    I thought I was going to have to end up spending enternity by myself.

The comments about how terrible and evil"assault weapons" and "automatic weapons" are straight out of the media's agitprop playbook, and have been corrected in here repeatedly.

If people read and comprehended the comments that have been made multiple times rather than making knee jerk responses to posts, then the correct nomenclature would easily be seen.

Corrected by who? You?? How do you know where they get their ideas? Why do you feel responsible to correct others ideas and opinions. Why not just express your opinion
    and let everyone else express theirs?????
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Corrected by who? You??
    Corrected by several. You are entitled to your own opinions, but not your own facts. Calling an apple an orange doesn't make it one.

I challenge people's opinions, as do many here. Pardon me for not giving you the echo chamber you so desperately desire.

One of the amusing conundrums posed by modern tech is going to rear its ugly head shortly and directly relates to gun control......

What are the chicken littles in the tech world going to do when they realize that you can buy (coming shortly to a Staples near you) an HP 3d printer, load up an autocad 3d file, and print yourself the frame for a glock?

Are you going to ban 3d printers?

"Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda