Page 14 of 48 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Gun control discussion

1. Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Don't blame this on the gun, she could have just as easily bashed his head in with a baseball bat or something!
    But she didn't. She didn't keep a baseball bat beside the bed. She kept a gun. And killed him.

He might have survived a baseball bat.

What could have been has nothing to do with what is. She shot him...with a gun...and he is dead.

I do not blame it on the gun. it is the fault of the person who had the gun. I hope she will be held accountable.

Either way -though - blame her or the gun - her husband is no less dead.

Geez, and it wasn't even in the middle of the night or something. Seems a little fishy...I hope she gets some charges pressed too.

If it was intentional, she should be charged with manslaughter or murder (not sure of the necessary elements in the state). If it was accidental, she has a life sentence anyway. How very tragic.

It wasn't the gun's fault, of course, it was the fault of the untrained woman that held the gun. Like ES said, it is very possible he would have survived the baseball bat attack, or the pepper spray attack, a knife attack, or the alarm on the front door going off. Guns tend to make things so final.

Quote Originally Posted by Cataholic View Post
    If it was intentional, she should be charged with manslaughter or murder (not sure of the necessary elements in the state). If it was accidental, she has a life sentence anyway. How very tragic.

It wasn't the gun's fault, of course, it was the fault of the untrained woman that held the gun. Like ES said, it is very possible he would have survived the baseball bat attack, or the pepper spray attack, a knife attack, or the alarm on the front door going off. Guns tend to make things so final.
    If she had a bat she could have bumped up her OBP........
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

5. Another "opps!" moment. Man shoots son... http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012...enage-son?lite

So what do you think would have happened if the father had not had a gun?

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Quote Originally Posted by Randi View Post
    So what do you think would have happened if the father had not had a gun?
    The boy had a weapon coming at the dad...the dad may have been killed by the son that was commiting a crime.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

I really find it funny that people are 'up in arms' about an incident where stupidity starts and ends the event.

This stupid kid is dressed in a balaclava and playing ninja in the middle of the night.

The stupid father, instead on hunkering down, calling the cops and waiting?

He plays BBA, goes out and shoots his kid.

So, who really is at fault?

9. Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post

So, who really is at fault?
    George Zimmerman??? He made it "fashionable" to shoot based on fashion choices.

Is fault the issue? I am always amazed about people who think that who is at "fault" is the first question to ask. The kid is no less dead, the dad is no less devastated regardless of "fault."

I have my opinion of "fault". But in the end...guns kill - that what they are made to do.

Quote Originally Posted by catlady1945 View Post
    Here we go again! Those bad guns are on the loose!

"NEW FAIRFIELD, Conn. - A U.S. man fatally shot a masked teenager in self-defence outside his neighbour's house during what he thought was an attempted burglary and then discovered it was his son, state police said."
    I blame masks, nightime and teen-hood.

11. 10,000 rounds of ammunition. That's what the Minneapolis shooter had.

In addition to killing the owner of the company and a couple of co-workers, he shot the FedEx guy who was making a delivery.

Who shall we blame this one on?? People who get fired??

I blame the government for letting anyone other than the police run around with a loaded gun. Who will be next?

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

I blame the government for letting anyone other than the police run around with a loaded gun. Who will be next?
    Not just the government, the idiot politicians are to blame also....

Did we ever figure out how many people going against the laws of gravity that get hurt/killed?

Not just the government, the idiot politicians are to blame also....

Did we ever figure out how many people going against the laws of gravity that get hurt/killed?

-----------------

Camacho 2012